Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Since when is a traffic stop a life or death situation? The cop had no reason to think he was in danger. Do they offer mandatory classes to citizens on how you have to react to a stop to avoid death?

I wonder how Joe Cop will respond to other prisoners who want to 'discuss' his actions.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Since when is a traffic stop a life or death situation? The cop had no reason to think he was in danger. Do they offer mandatory classes to citizens on how you have to react to a stop to avoid death?

I wonder how Joe Cop will respond to other prisoners who want to 'discuss' his actions.

He had no reason to think he was safe.

abcnews.go.com/US/...officer-killed-traffic-stop/story?id=24781737
Jul 30, 2014 � A suspect in the fatal shooting of a West St. Paul, Minnesota, police officer Wednesday during a routine traffic stop

www.kctv5.com/story/...police-officer-shot-killed-during-traffic-stop
Authorities have two suspects in custody after a Topeka police officer was shot and killed Sunday while making a car stop.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/30/police-officer-shot...
Sep 27, 2014 � ... is in custody after being shot by police. The officer was shot and killed during ... SUV after an officer was shot during a traffic stop ...

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
THAT Trooper was a friggin amateur. Fired and charged is good enough.

Yep.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cop was wrong to shoot, obviously.

I'm also smart enough to not make sudden moves around law enforcement. I would have said 'My wallet/license is in the vehicle, can I reach inside and get it?'

Good post.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The perp didn't have his seat belt buckled. If you don't think that is reason enough to get shot then talk to meter reader Gitem 12.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper

He had no reason to think he was safe.

abcnews.go.com/US/...officer-killed-traffic-stop/story?id=24781737
Jul 30, 2014 � A suspect in the fatal shooting of a West St. Paul, Minnesota, police officer Wednesday during a routine traffic stop

www.kctv5.com/story/...police-officer-shot-killed-during-traffic-stop
Authorities have two suspects in custody after a Topeka police officer was shot and killed Sunday while making a car stop.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/30/police-officer-shot...
Sep 27, 2014 � ... is in custody after being shot by police. The officer was shot and killed during ... SUV after an officer was shot during a traffic stop ...

Yep, civilians should not take any actions against police no matter what officers do to civilians, but police should be free to kill civilians at will since some police have been harmed by civilians.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

The perp didn't have his seat belt buckled. If you don't think that is reason enough to get shot then talk to meter reader Gitem 12.

Yep, I hope the officer was able to issue that ticket considering the confusion that happened when the perp brought the shooting on himself. If so, he will likely not pay it since he has shown a history of lawlessness and that will give Grouberts's fellow officers a chance to do a no knock raid on him.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The cop screwed up. He should not have fired.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The cop screwed up by not finished the perp, saving tax payers money. He should not have been fired.

Fixed it for you to be in line with the officer.com group who know what they are talking about.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So the officer had PTSD, the guy was black and fidgety, and an officer had been killed in a traffic accident somewhere in the last little bit. What other things could help clear the officer and get him back on the job?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp

Yep, civilians should not take any actions against police no matter what officers do to civilians, but police should be free to kill civilians at will since some police have been harmed by civilians.

Twist and spin all you like.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp

Twist and spin all you like.

I didn't twist anything. It is wrong for a civilian to attempt to stop a police officer from doing anything they want to do, but it is completely right for a police officer to do anything they want to do to a civilian. We see that point made by police officers on this site and on sites such as officer.com on a regular basis.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't twist anything.

Yeah, right
And the sky doesn't look blue
Ramble on

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Sherp,

He was fired and arrested. What else should happen? Maybe flogging in public, stoning, castration, what?

I will go on record here: I am a 21 year law enforcement veteran and I believe, as do my co-workers, that he was wrong and is being dealt with appropriately.

I also see how it happened. The sudden in and out of the vehicle probably would have resulted in a drawn gun by many reasonable officers across the country. The shooting not so much.

Now tell everyone what a fascist prick I am for looking at this from both sides.

-Z

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Zrack656
Sherp,

He was fired and arrested. What else should happen? Maybe flogging in public, stoning, castration, what?

I will go on record here: I am a 21 year law enforcement veteran and I believe, as do my co-workers, that he was wrong and is being dealt with appropriately.

I also see how it happened. The sudden in and out of the vehicle probably would have resulted in a drawn gun by many reasonable officers across the country. The shooting not so much.

Now tell everyone what a fascist prick I am for looking at this from both sides.

-Z

As stated on officer.com he should not have been fired or charged with anything. The only possible travesty in any of this is if the perp didn't get the seat belt ticket.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I didn't twist anything.

Yeah, right
And the sky doesn't look blue
Ramble on

Depends on time of day and weather conditions as to the color of the sky.

You and I both want the officer back on the job so he can keep on doing what he was doing. Like you I think it would have been better had he connected with all the shots and it is a shame it was on video that didn't have fast enough frames per second to catch the perp throwing the gun away he pulled from the vehicle.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Zrack656
Sherp,

-Z

Oh, and why do you think the shooting was not reasonable exactly?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does not matter a lick what those on officer.com have to say - that is a biased and self-serving voice - not at all viable in a specific situation like this.

I'm as far from a cop-hater as one can be - very supportive of LE in general. But, it is astounding how some will throw away all reason and common sense in knee-jerk defense of even the most egeregious bad actions by police is such situations.

The cop supposedly is WELL TRAINED and fully competent to deal with a wide variety of situations, even like this one. Folks like those on officer.com will take a position like "he is a highly trained proferssional" and, apparently, a statement like that is supposed to trump facts and reason. Such reasoning is stupid.

The cop is in a position of vastly superior power, is armed with at least one deadly weapon, and often can conjure an excuse for using deadly force. Those very facts lay upon him a vastly more serious responsibility to use great judgment, act safely and sensibly, and choose to use that deadly force very judiciously.

The issue for me is not what has, or will, happen with that LEO. The issue is that some seem to exert blind loyalty to a "brother" in the face of simple reason. Being simply a non-LEO citizen does not remove a person's ability to perceive reality and react accordingly. Likewise, being a LEO does not excuse a person who cannot do the same.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As stated on officer.com he should not have been fired or charged with anything. The only possible travesty in any of this is if the perp didn't get the seat belt ticket.

We get that you think yours is the only opinion that matters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give it up. You're defending the indefensible.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,013
Posts18,481,562
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.