Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
LOL!

I have been on this site for 7 years now and "2muchofanasshole" is the very FIRST person I have put on ignore.

That is saying something when you think of all the dick weasel trolls that have come and gone.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Killed 3 does in a span of about 1 minute two years ago with a Savage 220F slug gun. No way I could have accomplished that with my NULA muzzle loader and is why I will stick with the 220 during the regular season in shotgun only zones.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Killed 3 does in a span of about 1 minute two years ago with a Savage 220F slug gun. No way I could have accomplished that with my NULA muzzle loader and is why I will stick with the 220 during the regular season in shotgun only zones.

What scope do you have on your 220f?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I came on here calling people names? Really?

You girls are some seriously touchy little princesses, aren't you?

WOW!

I don't like slug guns so you are all gonna whine and resort to name calling. Pretty classy. Didn't know you all were so feminine/sensitive.

What a bunch of little girls.

May I suggest midol?

GFY........

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Well I did it! I went and bought the Savage 220f slug gun in camo. Nikon 2-7x32 BDC-200 slug gun scope.

There is so much positive things said about this gun from the online reviews to actual users I have talked to. Some from this site and thread as well.

I talked to a guy in the store that has one and is now buying two more for his boys. He bought them both today while I was there. He said that he gets 1 - 1-1/2" groups at 150 yards with the Rem Premier AccuTips.

Thanks everyone for the positive replies. I'll post some pics up later.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That one had a 3-9x40 Conquest. My newest one wears a VX-3 3.5-10x40.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
That one had a 3-9x40 Conquest. My newest one wears a VX-3 3.5-10x40.

cool

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Previous one with 3-9x40 Conquest

[Linked Image]

Current one before the VX-3 was mounted

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Atta boy rooster!

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
On my lunch hour, I made the mistake of going and fondling a new Savage 220f 20 ga. slug gun in camo that is sporting a Nikon 2-7 Prostaff BDC.

Now I can't get my mind off of it. Anybody care to talk me out of it?

smile

Sure won't be me to try to talk you out of it! I shoot both inline and slugs... alot. We can use rifles in NY now, so no more slugs. I go to muzzleloader only areas, so still have to shoot that and still use it in the late season. I preffered an inline in the regular season until Savage started selling the 220. I'm not a Savage fan at all, but it's by far the best choice other than a custom bolt slug gun. The only thing I would do is tell them to keep the Nikon and put a 3.5-10 or 6x42 with an M1 turret on it. Couple guys I know cut the magazine down so it wasn't hanging out the bottom. The 3" Federal/Barnes slugs at 1900 worked the best. Not sure what you have for options now. Easy decision for me during the regular season in slug only areas!

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
From what I've read, the Rem AccuTips are the ticket in the 220f so I bought them in 2 3/4". I'll try others I'm sure as well if they don't group well.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Previous one with 3-9x40 Conquest

[Linked Image]

Current one before the VX-3 was mounted

[Linked Image]

WOW! Those are sweet!

What do you guys zero your 220's at when sighting in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I bet I can help grin

Shotguns are for shooting "SHOT".

When in a "SHOTgun zone" I use a muzzleloader or handgun. Due to new law just passed, I may use a 44 mag rifle a bit this year.

I would feel equally out of place using a bolt action rifle to grouse hunt as I would a SHOTgun to deer hunt.

I have seen more deer lost/wounded by shotgun hunters than all other firearms combined. May be because most of them haven't a clue or don't hunt/shoot much. Generally speaking, I see a guy choose a shotgun, and I'm already questioning his experience/abilities.

I'll use my SHOTguns for that which they were designed. You could not pay me to hunt deer with one.

When I have my (single shot) muzzleloader and some shotgun toting fool tells me his gun is better because he gets 5 shots and I only get 1, I usually just smile. One shot is all I have ever needed, or will need. When I hear multiple shots fired, I think somebody probably screwed the pooch. When I hear one, I think "dead deer".

Sooooooo, all I can say is why would you choose a shotgun, if something actually designed for the task exists?

There, how was that?

It's idiots like this that drive good folks away from here.

If you see the little smiley face, and what I wrote, the whole damn thing was kinda a tongue-in-cheek comment.

It's whiney little bitches that drive folks away. For God's sake it's a GUN. Nobody was doggin' on your mother. Get a grip man........
No one was whining here Dickwad. You chose to blast a member here and then got your undies in a wad because folks set you straight. Stupid is as stupid does, and maybe it would do you well to STFU and not stir the pot around here Azzwipe. GFY-multiple times!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
S
I love mine.I have the same one but 2x7 Nikon with out BDC. The Rem AccuTips shoot the best out of mine. On mine you have to work the bolt like you mean it or it will not feed properly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet I can help grin

Shotguns are for shooting "SHOT".

When in a "SHOTgun zone" I use a muzzleloader or handgun. Due to new law just passed, I may use a 44 mag rifle a bit this year.

I would feel equally out of place using a bolt action rifle to grouse hunt as I would a SHOTgun to deer hunt.

I have seen more deer lost/wounded by shotgun hunters than all other firearms combined. May be because most of them haven't a clue or don't hunt/shoot much. Generally speaking, I see a guy choose a shotgun, and I'm already questioning his experience/abilities.

I'll use my SHOTguns for that which they were designed. You could not pay me to hunt deer with one.

When I have my (single shot) muzzleloader and some shotgun toting fool tells me his gun is better because he gets 5 shots and I only get 1, I usually just smile. One shot is all I have ever needed, or will need. When I hear multiple shots fired, I think somebody probably screwed the pooch. When I hear one, I think "dead deer".

Sooooooo, all I can say is why would you choose a shotgun, if something actually designed for the task exists?

There, how was that?

It's idiots like this that drive good folks away from here.

If you see the little smiley face, and what I wrote, the whole damn thing was kinda a tongue-in-cheek comment.

It's whiney little bitches that drive folks away. For God's sake it's a GUN. Nobody was doggin' on your mother. Get a grip man........
No one was whining here Dickwad. You chose to blast a member here and then got your undies in a wad because folks set you straight. Stupid is as stupid does, and maybe it would do you well to STFU and not stir the pot around here Azzwipe. GFY-multiple times!

Show me where I "blasted a member" before you little girls went on your little tirade and started name calling.

Go ahead princess. Show me. Can you read you POS?

My, my but you are a sensitive little bitch.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don't really have a clue about slug guns and their capabilities
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh I do. Just don't like them....

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by scottewing
I love mine.I have the same one but 2x7 Nikon with out BDC. The Rem AccuTips shoot the best out of mine. On mine you have to work the bolt like you mean it or it will not feed properly.

This is what I have read as well. I will sight it in on Saturday and post a report.

The MI dumbass is on ignore so I don't see his back peddling, little bitch comments so lets just let this thread go as intended and talk about the Savage 220 slug gun. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why do pepole's feelers get hurt so bad when someone criticizes a certain gun? I have TONS of guns. Never cried over 1 yet.

Nor do I consider someone clueless if they don't care for a certain type. I'm all too familiar with slug guns. Still hate 'em.

You all need to get a grip. It 's a damn gun, not a family member.

Gopherblower must be changing his tampon now.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, pretend you didn't read them. And nobody's back peddling you retard.

What a joke..... Laffin'....

I'm done here. Too many idiots who cry like girls over their poor choice in deer "rifles".

Then call people names only to try to turn the tables and play the victim. Pretty pathetic.

Shotguns are for shooting shot, and slug guns are for slugs.....

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (2ndwind, 1lessdog, 204guy, 280shooter, 264mag, 06hunter59, 37 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 613 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,445
Posts18,507,878
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.