-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the original post was about a revolver for deer, but a handgun. There are lot of handguns that can do that to a deer; Encores, Contenders, XP-100s, etc. A .460 S&W might have a pretty good chance of doing the same from a revolver, with the right bullet.

Otherwise, carry on with the poo throwing at each other.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
An idiot is anyone using a rim fire or .380 for deer.
JWP and I do not get along and he did sneak in to wedealinlead to come after me and was caught. But I would prefer to hunt with JWP and Whitworth any time over an idiot.
CraigC still did not say what magnum rifle he used on the deer head. A revolver of any caliber will NOT do that. Maybe he will claim a .22 HP.
I remember Whitworth bringing a .338 to hunt deer, he did good. maybe I should have given him a mark II with hollow points.

I have to hand it to you, you really do know how to make friends. I would expect an invitation from either one of those guys any day now for a hunting trip...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A revolver of any caliber will NOT do that.

WRONG! I've seen the same on a doe I shot at about 35yds with a 240gr XTP at 1450fps from my .44 Mag. Simply split the skull wide open

True a hard cast shouldn't do that but a JHP with good speed hitting the skull plate absolutely can canoe a deer's head. It isn't like a deers skull is 3" thick kevlar.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
CraigC still did not say what magnum rifle he used on the deer head.

I was responding to you denigrating everyone's shooting ability, you dumbass. Had nothing to do with cartridge selection for deer. Pay attention to what is being quoted.

A revolver of any caliber will NOT do that.

How would you know? You already admitted that only fools take head shots.

JWP and I do not get along and he did sneak in to wedealinlead to come after me and was caught.

Yes, we know you guys like to pick fights on other forums and then run back to WDIL to whine about it and openly berate people you envy. It's sort of your calling card. It'd be a shame if any you run your mouth about were actually present to defend themselves. This is why I left that retarded site, a place for ignorant grown men to act like "mean girls" is not my cup of tea. It is good that you and the mentally defective, intellectually stunted midget have a place where you can run wild and free, away from the rest of us.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have to hand it to you, you really do know how to make friends. I would expect an invitation from either one of those guys any day now for a hunting trip...

Jim has an open invitation to come to Tennessee. I'll gladly pay him $100 for every half inch group for five consecutive shots at 50yds that he can produce. If he produces at least one, I'll pay all his expenses. I'll also post pics of the results for all to see. Seriously, no bullshit. Sorry Jim, but you're not shooting any of our deer and the inbred retarded midget is not invited.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Heck I would cover the airfare for that debacle...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pretty good deal, Jimbo! I have to draw the line at ten half inch groups though. If you manage that, not only will I pay you $100 each and your expenses but I'll eat my hat with a side of crow, post pics of your feats, extolling your prowess on every forum I'm a member of, get you a hooker before you head home and be your cyber-lapdog for the rest of your days. I'll do everything I can to get you the recognition you deserve. No s-h-i-t. Just don't invite the midget. Don't want the livestock getting molested.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Unlike many I never, ever claim to do anything "on Demand" and only that I make as accurate a load I can.
But yes I have shot deer in the head many times but only to finish if I can't keep up with them. Like one I shot on the run and it was leaping when I shot, took out both front legs. Brush was thick and all I seen was the head at 40 yards so I did him in with the .44. Sorry I did not have a single shot with a mag rifle cartridge.
I am not so stupid to try and shoot deer in the head with a revolver. Found too many dead deer with jaws shot off by fancy rifle guys.
Too many stories about bullets turning on a skull from .22's to .45 ACP's.
I kill deer, not try and wound them so it is hard to talk to stupid.
I use enough gun not a toy. Animals are not stunt targets.
I have a very small area I look for morals in the spring, nothing to find 10 rotting deer, found 12 on one property during season with snow on the ground. The stupid should be soundly beat with their guns. You do nothing but place yourself in the STUPID range and should have your license taken away.
I love a jerk that shoots at a deer and it doesn't fall so he waits for another and another because his gun has so much energy, deer don't run. Or he has a toy. A slingshot is better.
I find it hard to continue with real stupid that should not be allowed in the field.
A huge laugh when a guy shoots a deer with a .380 when I bet all he can do is 2' at 7 yards on paper. The wallet gun is not capable except with luck. Muzzle against hair shooter. Bullets that can flatten on bone.
To see so many nut swingers over stupid stunts baffles me. Not many hunters I can see. None of you ever lost deer either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike many I never, ever claim to do anything "on Demand" and only that I make as accurate a load I can.
But yes I have shot deer in the head many times but only to finish if I can't keep up with them. Like one I shot on the run and it was leaping when I shot, took out both front legs. Brush was thick and all I seen was the head at 40 yards so I did him in with the .44. Sorry I did not have a single shot with a mag rifle cartridge.
I am not so stupid to try and shoot deer in the head with a revolver. Found too many dead deer with jaws shot off by fancy rifle guys.
Too many stories about bullets turning on a skull from .22's to .45 ACP's.
I kill deer, not try and wound them so it is hard to talk to stupid.
I use enough gun not a toy. Animals are not stunt targets.
I have a very small area I look for morals in the spring, nothing to find 10 rotting deer, found 12 on one property during season with snow on the ground. The stupid should be soundly beat with their guns. You do nothing but place yourself in the STUPID range and should have your license taken away.
I love a jerk that shoots at a deer and it doesn't fall so he waits for another and another because his gun has so much energy, deer don't run. Or he has a toy. A slingshot is better.
I find it hard to continue with real stupid that should not be allowed in the field.
A huge laugh when a guy shoots a deer with a .380 when I bet all he can do is 2' at 7 yards on paper. The wallet gun is not capable except with luck. Muzzle against hair shooter. Bullets that can flatten on bone.
To see so many nut swingers over stupid stunts baffles me. Not many hunters I can see. None of you ever lost deer either.

You are so full of schit it's astounding.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
Pretty good deal, Jimbo! I have to draw the line at ten half inch groups though. If you manage that, not only will I pay you $100 each and your expenses but I'll eat my hat with a side of crow, post pics of your feats, extolling your prowess on every forum I'm a member of, get you a hooker before you head home and be your cyber-lapdog for the rest of your days. I'll do everything I can to get you the recognition you deserve. No s-h-i-t. Just don't invite the midget. Don't want the livestock getting molested.

Maybe you should talk to Whitworth and degrade him once. I seen him shoot from a ladder stand, off hand and blow up the little water bottles at 100 yards. Why don't you say he is full of it, he liked my loads.
Funny you have never shown what you can do, seems you are afraid. Your keyboard is magic. The reason for your doubt is you CAN'T do it. So of course, nobody else can. I bet you shoot 25 yards only and are happy with 4".
I have a great deal of respect for Whitworth because he really does what he says and yes I respect JWP because he knows hunting. I hold no ill towards them.
But you are another case with no proof at all.
Since I am on SS you take advantage, trying to get me there, come here. You might learn something. Learn the revolver and you might shoot better then you ever have.
I doubt it, you know too much.
I shot this at 50 yards with Whitworths new BFR in .500 JRH while working loads, ask him, he was here. [Linked Image]
45-70 BFR at 50 but can shot twice at 100 yards. [Linked Image]
OK, show us or are you just a big mouth?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You are the one that stands to make up to $1,000.00 and get your expenses paid for by excepting the challenge and performing as you claim. That should go well for you and your fixed income.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've posted plenty of pics but you're apparently too drunk or retarded to remember. So drop all the condescending bullshit about 25yd shooting. Really??? Is it for keyboard magic that I just setup a 2nd Dillon 650 just for the .45Colt? It's irrelevant anyway. I'm not making radical claims, I'm disputing yours. Yes, we've all seen the random 2-shot groups on paint cans and shoot-n-see's.

I'm not driving to WV for multiple reasons.

1. I don't believe you, so I'm certainly not going to go to any effort or expense to prove you right or wrong. All I'm providing is a chance for you to prove yourself, a place for it to happen, a skeptical witness and motivation to do it.

2. I'm self-employed and work 7 days a week.

3. I don't have anything to prove. YOU are the one making the claims. Put your money where your mouth is.

All you have to do is produce one five-shot group to get your expenses paid. Gas and lodging. I'm not bullshitting you about the rewards. I will do exactly as I said. I'll pick you up from the hotel and drive you to the shooting area. Range will be determined with a Leupold laser rangefinder and you have full use of my shooting bench. I'll even run back and forth changing your targets. I'll allow 50rds to produce a single half inch group and pay you for as many as ten. No more than two days shooting. I'm not looking for an opportunity to slander. I'll report the results truthfully and objectively either way.

In my enthusiasm I forgot the details of previous rantings. The claim was 100yds. For you posted this back in July and have done so multiple times. So your challenge is five-shot groups at 100yds, not 50yds. Come on, for a guy whose shot "hundreds", two or three would be easy, no? I'll up the ante to $200 per half inch group.
I have hundreds of sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on, throw in a gold coin or two. That'll seal the deal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've got some Canadian dollars. wink

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CraigC
I've got some Canadian dollars. wink

Hold onto them.

Before its over in the USofA, those things may be rock solid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....Like one I shot on the run and it was leaping when I shot, took out both front legs....

I know a lot of sportsmen who would call this an unethical shot. Maybe you should just get off your high horse.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I will happily visit bfr next time I'm in West Virginia.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I will happily visit bfr next time I'm in West Virginia.

Travis

They don't have sheep, but they do have purty moufs....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The women in that area adore me.

So do the men.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
The women in that area adore me.

So do the men.

Travis

Damned near impossible to tell the difference any way.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yep.

A lot like Thailand.

Only, very different.

Travis

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.