Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[quote=chlinstructor]Congrats to Miss. St !!! Great Game! [/quote

As the best announcer, the late Jack Cristil, would say. Wrap this one in Maroon and White..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
Turnovers have been the kiss of death for Auburn today. Sad day on the Plains.

Yep. 4 turnovers = 28 points. Can't win that way.

MSU is very good, I don't begrudge them. I would love a rematch at our place, but it doesn't work that way.

I don't see anyone out of the SEC West going undefeated. If they do, screw the playoff and just crown MSU champs.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
you're right hatari, all the teams have tough ball to play for the rest of the season..

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Can't blame this one on turnovers. State had 4 also, so it was a wash. State just took advantage of them and auburn didn't. I would say defense won this game.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Auburn was just beat down pure and simple...

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MS State looks like a behemoth. Likely the #1 team in the country. And this is coming from an OM fan but I can give credit where it is due.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I could bring up the horse collar tackle call or the offensive pass interference on Sammie Coates, both of which were bogus but instead I'll say MSU is a tough squad.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the first time in eons I actually watched a football game on TV. Being in a strange position,I graduated from State in 56 and my Brother is a retired Professor from Ole Miss. Somewhat mixed allegiances. I was amazed to see all the cowbells. I thought the State had actually written a law outlawing them back in the 50's sometime. I'm sitting here looking at mine that my Mother actually had a Pennsylmania Dutch scene painted on it. Sounds the same although I have long ago removed the piece of shovel handle and leather strap that was once on it to make it more usable.I remember one other game played in Alabama many years ago that was being natonally televised as game of the day back when they were special. The announcer was a reknowned one and when a State guy intercpted a pass down at the end zone and started to return it he got rather exiced saying,'he's past the 50 he's past the 40 he's past the 30 - Look at that son of a bitch go' and of course he was immediately off the air and we were left sitting in the Grill watching a blank screen. Game never came back on. Needless to say I was pleased with todays outcome.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations, zimhunter. Sounds like your family has been blessed.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Damn shame Cristil can't call this season. After all the years he had to suffer through.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'll give you the pass interference on Coates. It was a sloppy game on both sides of the ball. I hardly think the interference would have effected the outcome of the game though. There are tough breaks on both sides of the ball in every game. If you watched closely, there was a msu touchdown pass broken up by blatant pass interference in the end zone that wasn't called. If we had lost, we would be pointing it out just like you are pointing out the Coates call. Good game but both teams need work.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line is MSU capitalized on Auburn's turnovers and Auburn didn't. State played a good game and deserved the win. I thought my daughter, Melanie, was gonna have to go to the ER she was so upset.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.