Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Irony:

Government screws everything up. The government needs to do something about the ebola outbreak.

Private individuals and organizations are always better than government workers or organizations at solving problems. Except for letting an ebola carrier walk out of a private hospital.

We are truly fugged, might as well laugh about it..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
communicable disease moves through a population of susceptible individuals.

is there anything new here? when I served under the war criminal Johnson and his seconds in command McNamara and Westmoreland, all of this was prophesied.

nothing new. just stay alive as long as you can. ok?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Gus
just stay alive as long as you can. ok?
Okay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama got a big break when mother nature threw Hurricane Sandy at the east coast just before the election.

I'm thinking the GOP is getting a break from ma nature. Don't wish it, but so far the stupid response by the "all is well, don't ban travel" CDC is going to again highlight the administration's incompetence. You can argue about the government's proper role in our daily lives, but emergency response IS the prime task of government, and nothing angers average folks more than government screwing up emergencies.

Hopefully someone will grow a pair and start taking decisive action to control the spread. But I'm afraid there will be more Americans getting sick, in the next few weeks.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Campfire Irony:

Government screws everything up. The government needs to do something about the ebola outbreak.

Private individuals and organizations are always better than government workers or organizations at solving problems. Except for letting an ebola carrier walk out of a private hospital.

They didn't build all them fema camps for nothing; but do they keep the sick in, or out?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They warehouse all the .22 rimfire ammo. Duh!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where did Doc go?

Someone find out if radiation kills the ebola virus!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They warehouse all the .22 rimfire ammo. Duh!

The shortage of 22 ammunition is due to the large increase in new shooters crazy

MOLON LABE

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the decision to bring that communicable disease over here into the US might go down as the worst decision eve made by a federal government?

I thought confining a disease was rule one? of course, I could be wrong. Presdent Johnson, another democrat, made equally bad decisions.

but, thankfully, the Tribunals are in the Plan.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Obama got a big break when mother nature threw Hurricane Sandy at the east coast just before the election.

I'm thinking the GOP is getting a break from ma nature. Don't wish it, but so far the stupid response by the "all is well, don't ban travel" CDC is going to again highlight the administration's incompetence. You can argue about the government's proper role in our daily lives, but emergency response IS the prime task of government, and nothing angers average folks more than government screwing up emergencies.

Hopefully someone will grow a pair and start taking decisive action to control the spread. But I'm afraid there will be more Americans getting sick, in the next few weeks.
"When the Johnstown flood occurred, social power was immediately mobilized and applied with intelligence and vigour. Its abundance, measured by money alone, was so great that when everything was finally put in order, something like a million dollars remained. If such a catastrophe happened now, not only is social power perhaps too depleted for the like exercise, but the general instinct would be to let the State see to it. Not only has social power atrophied to that extent, but the disposition to exercise it in that particular direction has atrophied with it. If the State has made such matters its business, and has confiscated the social power necessary to deal with them, why, let it deal with them. We can get some kind of rough measure of this general atrophy by our own disposition when approached by a beggar. Two years ago we might have been moved to give him something; today we are moved to refer him to the State's relief-agency. The State has said to society, You are either not exercising enough power to meet the emergency, or are exercising it in what I think is an incompetent way, so I shall confiscate your power, and exercise it to suit myself. Hence when a beggar asks us for a quarter, our instinct is to say that the State has already confiscated our quarter for his benefit, and he should go to the State about it."

Our Enemy The State, Albert Jay Nock

IC B3

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Campfire Irony:

.gov let him in the US.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eyeball ain't much for irony..

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Irony or BS. "I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I don't have faith in government, I'm not going to expect them to deal with the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I don't have faith in government, I'm not going to expect them to deal with the problem.

An important step in the enlightenment process 'is' losing faith in government.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Where did Doc go?

Someone find out if radiation kills the ebola virus!

I went to the range to shoot some [bleep] up. Claybirds, mostly, with my "new" 20-ga double and when that got boringly predictable I started shootin' 'em with my 45...

Of COURSE radiation kills Ebola virus... enough rads will kill anything!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hey, eyeball, we might just have a bird dog this fall after all!! I took Barney with me to the range yesterday and today and sonofagun if he is not only NOT scared of gunfire, he chases after the bits of broken claybirds as they fall to the ground! I even did some retrieving tests with him this afternoon with a couple of dead doves I had left over from the other night, and sonofabitch if he doesn't chase 'em into cover and pick 'em up! He's a bit hard-mouthed yet, but we'll work on that...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So I guess when I say that I avoid Dallas like the plague....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
No question, there should be an all-out effort to contain the spread of this virus, as the doc whose video eh76 shared points out. And a commercial travel ban to/from west Africa needs to be part of that.

No, I don't work in Dallas. I've done too many tours of duty at inner city ER's for two lifetimes.

Doc, I never said that I was against a ban on travel to/from Ebola land. The point I attempted to make is if we had have banned travel much earlier we would have stood a better chance of not having a break out of Ebola here at home.

Now that we have a home grown case of our own, the banning of travel is much less significant. We have no need to fear the import of Ebola any longer as is has been imported and we are now growing our own.

Perhaps some will start banning us from travel to their countries.

The horse is out... not so important to run shut the gate.

I hope this is a more clear explanation.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.