Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Y'all must all have me on "ignore". grin

Even if you were a total douchenozzle, I wouldn't ignore you.

Now make me a sammich....

And hold the mayo.

Just sayin...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You've made me a sammich before, so you're ok.

I musta liked you........ usual fare is vyeenees and crackers.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Y'all must all have me on "ignore". grin

Even if you were a total douchenozzle, I wouldn't ignore you.

Now make me a sammich....

And hold the mayo.

Just sayin...

You get sardines......... in mustard sauce.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm ok with that; and an ice cold RWB in a can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You get the Colt 45 in a can.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If Gene offers you canned menudo, pass.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Frankly, I think Christians like myself and those of our parents generation are partly to blame.

Not to mention you campaign against things based on emotion and subjectivity. And pretty much torpedo any chance of a republican getting elected because the christian community as a whole is collection of dumb fuggs that don't know any more about politics, than they do fornicating.

Travis

You're gonna go to Hell for that one. See the Poohbah for available turds and instruction in smoking them.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for the advice. I don't know what a menudo is, but I am pretty certain I'd not like it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's a Mexican soup

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
You get the Colt 45 in a can.

i'm ok with that, too.

noticing a trend?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Christianity is thriving. You can't go anywhere without running into groups of awesome believers. Recent issues though sure is separating Christianity into distinct groups.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"we don't allow poor folks to go on vacation to Hawaii or Las Vegas and buy food with EBT cards, "

WWJD

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Thanks for the advice. I don't know what a menudo is, but I am pretty certain I'd not like it.

Tripe soup, smells like skippy dog food.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Some menudo fits that description. Just sprinkle a liberal dose of oregano on it and it becomes edible.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Some menudo fits that description. Just sprinkle a liberal dose of oregano on it and it becomes edible.

Got to throw in the kidney's and tongue as well. Maybe some of the intestine as well...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by antlers

Nah...they'll just come along and counter your very well stated point by using the Bible itself to justify their 'judging' of others. Jesus Himself said not to judge others. But these guys actually twist other Bible verses to suit their needs...

You seem to be saying that, in your judgment, it is morally wrong for someone to judge another person. Did I get that right?

Translation = We want to be able to judge and condemn homosexuals for their sin of homosexuality, even though we remain sinners ourselves. We want to be able to condemn and judge homosexuals for their 'continuation' in sin, even though we 'continue' to be sinners ourselves. And when someone points out the hypocrisy of 'that'...we will accuse them of 'judging' us.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No they do not. That's when we estimate they were written, but none of those original manuscripts survive. Our earliest existing new testament fragment ages to 125 AD, and the earliest existing near complete books around 175 AD.

Apparently we respect different authors. You believe what you choose to believe.

Here's what know. The day I prayed to asked Jesus to forgive my sins and fill me with the Holy Spirit I was instantly changed. First I felt a peace beyond description. The guy praying with me told me I was literally shining. I didn't realize how much my life changed, but my coworkers did. One even laughed in my face.

I thought I was still the same. My brother-in-law once told me, "You used to be a really cool guy. Now you're and ......" I told him, "I used to be like you and now I am like this. Having seen both conditions of life I prefer the peace I live in."

My wife thought it was a phase I was going though, but after about three months she figured I really did change......and for the better. Within a couple years she also was converted and I baptized her in the river which ran through our property. Her life changed also. It's normal when that which was dead in sin comes alive in Jesus.

The sinful things that were normal no longer interested me. I didn't have to work at it. The interest was gone. As I read God's Word I discovered lots of what I was hearing was foolishness. Obeying God's Word is not popular, but is certainly pleasant to my heart.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You may find it pleasant to your heart, but that doesn't address the questions of evidence, truth, and what may or may not have existed in the original manuscripts.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You talk about "questions of evidence, truth, and what may or may not have existed in the original manuscripts."

I mentioned Simon Greenleaf. I defer to his scholarship over the folks who decide in advance the Bible is not God's Word. There are so many manuscripts available the original what was written on the original manuscripts can pretty much be determined.

Another evidence you deny is the number of people whose lives have been not just been changed but instantly dramatically changed by Jesus. If you will read my book, I will send you a copy.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Greenleaf doesn't know the difference between evidence and hearsay. Modern Scholars such as Bart Ehrman have more to offer on the subject.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.