Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Thanks so much for taking these things into consideration.

For a lightweight stock, a max contour around a #3 Douglas with a 1.25" shank would be what I'd look at. The design around slim or ADL bottom metal with a rounded undersection sounds like a great focus to me. Max scope would be ~42mm on the objective(?)...most low mounts (DNZ and Talley) will work with these. I'm more of a fan of an open grip as well but can live with the EH3 grip.

The EH3 I have is pretty light already. If these ideas are implemented the footprint of the stock is going to be reduced which will drop the weight a bit more...should be a very light stock.

Thanks again.

Something like this would suit me fine. I would really prefer a more open grip. Something to compete with the Mcmillan Hunters Edge but with a higher comb would have the potential to sell a lot of stocks, if marketed correctly.

I would think the Kimber Montana stock could be scaled up to fit a full size action, and possibly leave a little extra meat in the forend for more barrel. The upscaled Kimber Montana would be a helluva nice hunting stock, in my opinion.

BTW, I really appreciate a company considering it's customer's ideas. Thanks Tom.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...

Agreed !! 100%.

Tom is a great guy and true Craftsman ! I was at his shop this year and was very impressed with his setup. He is what makes owning a Manners so easy, top notch stocks from a top notch builder !

Honored to call him a friend as well !

Just want to post here and update everyone on my EH-1.

Can't say enough about how Tom Manners addressed the issue I have with the stock. A true class act, genuinely concerned about his customer's satisfaction. He will go to the "Nth" degree to make his customer happy.

I can only hope to do the same in my own business. Great example of being customer oriented.

Thank you very much Tom!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That was the one with 2" of spacers? How is he fixing that? I'm going to be shortening a couple stocks for my kids and would like to make them grow with them if possible.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I once had a message for Tom to call me regarding a stock and he did so on a holiday, Thanksgiving maybe. I cant say enough good about his sevice and attitude.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
tom,
what is the time frame for delivery when ordering a stock

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
For me, the ideal stock would be a synthetic Kimber Super America stock. The Brown Pounder stock is nearly ideal as well. Must have a cheekpiece, open grip, and rounded forend.

If it had to be upsized ever so slightly to handle other actions and contours that would be okay, but not much.

Any new hunting stock must be inlettable to a Winchester Model 70 pre and post 64, or else I wouldn't have any reason to buy it.

T
T
Originally Posted by gene270
tom,
what is the time frame for delivery when ordering a stock
Hi Gene, The office is quoting 16 to 20 weeks out on new orders. Some or quicker a few run a little longer. It really all depends on the build and the options, if the action is remington style based, they tend to run on the shorter side of that. We also have a few stocking distributors that carry a good amount of inventory at all times, Stockys, Bullets and Ero-optics, and we also have stocks ready to ship on our new web page.

We actually just did another expansion and added 2000 sq feet of just lap-up area to try and cut the lead times down. This should help,but it will take a while.

Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Forgot to mention earlier that I was also able to make contact with Tom and he has been making every attempt to make right by me with my concerns regarding my EH-1 stock.

Manners gained a lot of respect in just a couple PMs. Great products backed by great leadership and great customer service.

My opinion has changed and I won't hesitate a second to order another because I KNOW that I will be taken care of.

Semper Fi

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...

I couldn't have said it any better!

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Mr Manners,
Is there any chance us lefties will see the MCS-SL available for us?

Thanks in advance!

Chip

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have an EH2 on 300 WSM build on a LH MRC Action. this is my first complete build so I was not sure what stock I would like. wanted a stock that could handle the prone shooting but also work for offhand if needed. Was thinking this would serve more as a longer range rifle. Will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days when I get home.

customer service was excellent with Manners. had a few issues with the stock when it arrived and they took care of it immediately. Tom took care of it. Gave me the choice of sending back or have my smith fix it and send them the bill. I took option 2. He also offered me a discount on my next stock order! All I can really ask, cannot expect perfection all the time, but how a company handles an issue is what really matters. This was handled fast and convenient for me. Will be ordering another stock soon, just trying to decide which one I want next.

started my load workup and it shoots about a .45 5 shot group with 190 bergers and H4831SC. This from a new reloader and not much tinkering yet. It actually shot a few different loads and powders in this range. had 3 other 3 shot groups at .67 or so with new Norma Brass as i worked up in powder charge. So overall, very happy and will probably be able to shot a little better once i learn more about loading.

here is a link for those interested with some of the specs on the stocks. Drop at comb and drop at heel.

http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

Last edited by Stadle01; 10/08/14.
T
T
Originally Posted by Huntr
Mr Manners,
Is there any chance us lefties will see the MCS-SL available for us?

Thanks in advance!

Chip
Hi Chip, At this time we do not have any plans on doing the SL in a left hand version. We where actually hoping to fill that gap with the introduction of the EH3 which is ambidextrous. We will always look at it harder if we get enough request. I would be more than happy to get a sample Eh3 out to you to see how that would fit your needs, just shoot me a PM. We also have a few new elite huntig stocks coming out here in the next few months that might fit your needs. Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom,
Any chance the new elite hunting stocks will be included in a 2015 group buy?
Thanks,
Marty

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tom,
Thank you very much for the kind offer, however, after hearing about the new hunting stock with more open grip, round profile, etc. I will definitely wait to see it when you have some pics available. I am definitely in the camp that would love to see a stock like that from you guys. Thank you!

Chip

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by tmanners
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,

That's fantastic!

Thanks for being receptive to what guys want. In addition to the above please consider keeping the drop at comb and drop at heel to a minimum, and NO Monte Carlo. Just a nice straight stock with a comb high enough to use with today's bigger objective scopes.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Tom is the man! Cant wait to see the new stock. Sounds like a good fit for a Hart #2!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yesterday I received my Manners MCS-TA LH, finished in GAP molded camo. I had sent them my AM bottom metal and they returned it with the stock. The bottom metal fit is perfect, I really like the feel and finish.

I have Defiance Deviant with a #5 Brux going in this stock. It is at my smith's so I couldn't check for action fit.

The overall workmanship appears top shelf. After owning several McMillans I am excited to get this gun out together. I really like the adjustable comb and 19 weeks & 4 days from order to doorstep is pretty fair IMO.

Randy

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Look forward to seeing pics.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month.

Very cool, looking forward to it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month.

Very cool, looking forward to it!

+1 more. I'll be interested to see those. Seems like it would be the perfect stock for a 1st Gen Ti 7MM-08. Please keep us posted on those and when you can a picture would be most appreciated!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 14 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.