Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've yet to find a church that exists without money.

You don't get around much. Yes, the most visible churches are visible because of what they do with money, but there are thousands of house churches that try to follow the New Testament. They are not visible because they have lay leadership and give their money away. The third world is full of them, and a movement exists in the United States that is pursuing this model. There could be one in your town without you knowing about it.

Steve.

Sweet! I take it the houses were gifts from God?

In a way, yes. Private homes privately paid for by the owner/occupant who thanks God for the skills and energy with which to produce an income. Even you could have a house church in your home.

Steve.

And now they get to write off on their taxes.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako
Do not forget that Jesus told the woman at the well that she was forgiven and to go and sin no more.... The homosexuals do not like the last part... We all should try everyday to do what is right and to not sin.... the Homosexuals do not want to do that.. they want to keep right on doing each other

So have you stopped sinning...or do you continue to sin...? If you've completely stopped, then 'bravo'. If you continue to sin though, why is your continuation to sin less bad than a homosexuals continuation to sin...? Are you just as bothered by drunks who continue to drink, or liars who continue to lie, or those who use profanity who continue to use profanity....? Are entire threads (thread after thread after thread) devoted to the sins of drunkeness, lying, or profanity...? And why are you so bothered by homosexuals who "want to keep right on doing each other" in the first place...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Money and power.

Control people through fear and collect money from it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

So have you stopped sinning...or do you continue to sin...? If you've completely stopped, then 'bravo'. If you continue to sin though, why is your continuation to sin less bad than a homosexuals continuation to sin...? Are you just as bothered by drunks who continue to drink, or liars who continue to lie, or those who use profanity who continue to use profanity....?

Because not all sins are equal in seriousness.
Are you here to tell us that stealing a nickel stick of gum is as serious a sin as cheating on your wife?

Are entire threads (thread after thread after thread) devoted to the sins of drunkeness, lying, or profanity...? And why are you so bothered by homosexuals who "want to keep right on doing each other" in the first place...?

Maybe because it's not in the bedroom anymore - it's in the news on a daily basis. Maybe because we don't have D.A.M.M. (Drunks Against Mad Mothers) but we do have GLAAD. Maybe because we don't read about liars demanding the right to commit fraud. Oh, wait, that last one is talked about ALL THE TIME!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Catholic Church has likely sexually abused more children than the rest of the churches combined. They have hidden the pedophiles, transferred them to other hunting grounds, and covered up their actions. The church has paid millions of dollars to the victims and that money came from people who were supporting the church, not the pedophiles. Look at what happened to the Cree Indians in Canada and the amount of money the church paid the tribe. Hell is going to be full of Catholic priests.

I used to think that letting practicing homosexuals into the church without the homosexuals repenting their actions and stopping their actions wouldn't work with the rank and file. These days I am not so sure.

What next? Actively recruiting pedophiles to run the youth programs?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Are entire threads (thread after thread after thread) devoted to the sins of drunkeness, lying, or profanity...? And why are you so bothered by homosexuals who "want to keep right on doing each other" in the first place...?

Maybe because it's not in the bedroom anymore - it's in the news on a daily basis. Maybe because we don't have D.A.M.M. (Drunks Against Mad Mothers) but we do have GLAAD. Maybe because we don't read about liars demanding the right to commit fraud. Oh, wait, that last one is talked about ALL THE TIME!
Its also being taught as correct behavior in our schools to our kids. It's being forced down the throats of employers and business owners. The time is coming very soon when a huge lawsuit will be filed against a minister who refused to marry a couple queers. Our freedom of worship is being stripped away from us.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All this sinning--fortunately, as a Pagan I don't sin.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
the "gifts" he is refering to is MONEY

ked

10-4

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Because not all sins are equal in seriousness.
Are you here to tell us that stealing a nickel stick of gum is as serious a sin as cheating on your wife?

To the majority of us, probably, stealing a nickel stick of gum is not as serious as cheating on ones wife. But in Gods eyes, 'missing the mark' is missing the mark. Period. It's not a matter of missing the mark by a little bit vs missing the mark by a whole bunch. If we miss the mark (sin) and our sin isn't covered by the Blood of the Atonement when we stand in judgement...then we're in a heap of trouble.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Everyone sins, if it were possible to not sin there would have been no need
for Jesus Christ to come and die on the cross.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

No, they don't. The rules for tax deductible charitable contributions are pretty clearly spelled out. People gathering in someone's home to worship together qualifies no one for a tax deduction.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No, they don't. The rules for tax deductible charitable contributions are pretty clearly spelled out. People gathering in someone's home to worship together qualifies no one for a tax deduction.

Steve.

Actually you can, not under a charitable contribution, but as a business expense.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Steve.

Actually you can, not under a charitable contribution, but as a business expense.

It doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about. If business is being transacted, and a profit is being made, you pay taxes on the profit. A house church hardly qualifies as a business.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Steve.

Please pray tell how that is done because as a tax preparer I would like to know.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sako
The catholic Church has always been about money.... They think if they let them in and "accept their money - ugh I mean Them" that they will gain more members than they lose...

never had any respect for the catholic church after seeing some of the most ornate gold filled churches in south America and seeing the people around it living in such poor conditions and filth... they care about them selves... not the people.

What do you expect from a group of people who put up with child molesters

AMEN!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The go to site for the Kennedys...

http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/tag/annulment/

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It's going to be, "I didn't leave the C.Church, the C.Church has left me."
Here in the MidWest, I see them sucking up to the Hispanics, big time.

It is in the Bible that God abhors the sin of sodomy.

The ranks of the priesthood is filled with many deviates and "social justice" activist. It needs a good house-cleaning, starting with many bishops who don't live or preach the word of God.

To some of you know-it-alls, the Catholic Church provides many services to the poor and provides good elementary and high school education thus reducing thr cost to john q. Public. So don't bash what you don't know or understand.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Uh chief, they also remain a poster-child for institutionalized cover up.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[quote/]

The sole reason this pope is in place is to try and bring people back to the church (for the money) no matter what they have to ignore in the bible.... [/quote]

You are talking outta yer arse here... This

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The operative word here might be - schism

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,214
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.