Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Hey Dr. Frieden, tell us again how sure you are of the protocol........................

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/ap_ab3cd5a9b32c450aa5a13e1a4a14c60e

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Second only to bringing the virus cross borders this is the worst thing that could have happened at this point in time.

Pat.....yup okay to start worrying now!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Hey Dr. Frieden, tell us again how sure you are of the protocol........................

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The nurses' statement alleged that when Duncan was brought to Texas Health Presbyterian by ambulance with Ebola-like symptoms, he was �left for several hours, not in isolation, in an area� where up to seven other patients were. �Subsequently, a nurse supervisor arrived and demanded that he be moved to an isolation unit, yet faced stiff resistance from other hospital authorities,� they alleged.

Duncan's lab samples were sent through the usual hospital tube system �without being specifically sealed and hand-delivered. The result is that the entire tube system � was potentially contaminated,� they said.

The statement described a hospital with no clear rules on how to handle Ebola patients, despite months of alerts from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta about the possibility of Ebola coming to the United States.

�There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department� if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with �copious amounts� of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

�Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,� potentially exposing others, it said.
This sounds about like most of the healthcare I've dealt with.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9255933/Ebola#Post9255933

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So far the only ones to have caught it are those that were providing care. No one on the airplane/airport/family etc.

It would seem those that have to really get into the wet stuff (blood, vomit etc) are those that have it

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
This is now heading towards another Ebama failure in policy. This administration is losing the trust of their own and it couldn't come at a better time with the midterms 20 days away.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So far the only ones to have caught it are those that were providing care. No one on the airplane/airport/family etc.

It would seem those that have to really get into the wet stuff (blood, vomit etc) are those that have it

What's Bob gonna do if one of 'em tries to hire him to handle a slam dunk injury claim?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

A total of 76 people at the hospital might have been exposed to Duncan....

And those 76 had contact with how many family members, friends, strangers? frown

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

yup....I just watched the garbage man picking up and thought to myself what if someone had disposed of the bad stuff but did not know it and it got him.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think these dumb twits had no idea how to get out of their suits after being in the room. I gather they didn't even hose them down or mist them with bleech or chlorine before removal. Think nerve agent exposure paranoia should be the standard of decon.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Texas Health Presbyterian's risk manager is in hyper drive right now.

There are going to be heads rolling, including the CEO's, over this.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Texas Health Presbyterian's risk manager is in hyper drive right now.

There are going to be heads rolling, including the CEO's, over this.

There is no doubt they have a committee looking into it as we speak.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The board of directors is not going to take the fall.

CEO, COO, head of nursing, the medical director of the ER. Toast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An e-mail sent out to the Alcon (ophthalmological pharmaceutical company in Ft. Worth) staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse�s boyfriend has also been admitted into the hospital with �Ebola-like symptoms.�

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Thank god my wife, a nurse, doesn't work in patient care anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

The board of directors is not going to take the fall.

CEO, COO, head of nursing, the medical director of the ER. Toast.

They generally circle the wagons out of concern for future litigation. Why do you think they will throw some folks under the bus on this deal?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering about your reasons.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

This is too big, too ugly and way, way too public.

Two nurses and a boyfriend of one of them, infected. Likely, more nurses infected. Contamination in the pharmacy department.

Scared doctors on the medical staff. Scared nurses on the nursing staff. Scared pharmacists on the pharmacy staff.

The board must take remedial action now, and I predict that's how it will roll ... to lessen the board's exposure.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the President of the U.S., or members of the senior administration staff should be paying these folks a visit in order to give them H�PE.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have a class all of next week in Ft Worth... I'm thinking the smart thing is to bring my food from home, and just go to and from the class and not hit any public exposures...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
I think the President of the U.S., or members of the senior administration staff should be paying these folks a visit in order to give them H�PE.

Obama and the empty lab coats at the CDC should be going to jail. The suffering of the two health care workers who got Ebola from that lying POS African didn't need to happen.

I'm better when I move.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,438 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.