Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by temmi
Odd none of the or friends od the origional case's family has gotten it...

Really odd

Snake

I still don't think so, of course I ain't a doctor. I don't believe it spreads as easy as say the flu.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Really odd

Snake

No, that tells me it's likely transmitted exactly how we have been told.

By close contact with body fluids

IMO gowns, latex gloves and face masks are NOT propper PPE for working around this [bleep]. If the hospital didn't have the right stuff, the guy should have been pit in an isolated room and left to die, then his body should have been doused with bleach and insinerated

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Right. Influenza is a much, much scarier disease in terms of its transmissibility, its potential virulence, and its ability to rapidly mutate.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12

...latex gloves and face masks are NOT proper PPE for working around this [bleep]. If the hospital didn't have the right stuff, the guy should have been put in an isolated room and left to die until proper protective equipment could be brought in for caregivers, then his body should have been doused with bleach placed in an airtight bag and insinerated incinerated

Fixed it.

Last edited by DocRocket; 10/15/14.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Doc, with all due respect, they knew they weren't gonna cure him, why risk other people instead of letting him rot and die. And why not take the extra step of dousing him down with clorox from a garden sprayer, just to be on the safe side.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If transmits as we are told, then if when it gets in LGBTQ community, it'll go rampant in those hosts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Really odd

Snake

I don't find it odd at all...I think he knew he was probably gonna get sick & told his family that he'd been exposed to it over in Liberia & thus, they took precautions...they're still not out of the woods yet, they are still well within the incubation stage of the virus.

ETA: I'll bet their house has reeked of bleach for a few weeks now.

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 10/15/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc is a Doc. He lives his oath. Me?? I am a savage. The first sunuvabitch would have been dissolved in acid if left up to me. The nurse(s) otoh, we go the length for them. Period.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Doc, with all due respect, they knew they weren't gonna cure him, why risk other people instead of letting him rot and die. And why not take the extra step of dousing him down with clorox from a garden sprayer, just to be on the safe side.

Look what happened to Michael Jackson when he started playing with bleach... eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If transmits as we are told, then if when it gets in LGBTQ community, it'll go rampant in those hosts.

Imagine the horror if it got to Mumbai, India.

Imagine the outcome if it were to get to a few people on the Hajh in Mecca this year.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jim, my friend, you and I are alot alike. And I understand what you're saying about the nurses, and quite frankly i hope the best for them. But. They should have never been allowed out of the hospital.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems Ferguson could use some urban renewal. I'd send all Ebola patients there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Imagine the horror if it got to Mumbai, India.

Imagine the outcome if it were to get to a few people on the Hajh in Mecca this year.

I can about guarantee I won't have a problem getting a Baconator from Wendy's.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Really odd

Snake

I still don't think so, of course I ain't a doctor. I don't believe it spreads as easy as say the flu.

Maybe, maybe not...that's the problem, we don't know...the incubation period for the flu is much shorter than this bug.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
My wife and I were talking about the affect of Ebola on travel just last night. As a long term healthcare worker, I'm not overly concerned, but certainly aware. I can see me flying less once we start seeing cases in several cities. No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight? I'll probably drive more when I can.

Or end up quarantined because you did sit next to someone.
This.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The bits of reading I've done that botehr me, the virus can live 2-3 hours outside of its host.

Thats mosquito bites, door knobs, food trays, you name it.

In this instance, better to be as safe as you can, which really hurts nothing, is better than not to have a worry in the world..

Where is that Snyper guy anyway now?

I truly hope it stops at 3. Or 100. But until its contained you will not know. Even though Flu kills thousands, this may or may not be worse. Time will reveal the only answer. In the meantime I don't go inhaling around folks that have the flu either... just to see if it'll kill me this time....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Well, I'll say it.

He sends a few companies to fight a [bleep] virus, but lets the Benghazi Ambassador take a high hard one.

quaint.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well one mission would have been to save Americans, while another is sending them to die, that makes it an easy choice for Eboma.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (10gaugemag, BallisticBRYAN, Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 6 invisible), 1,363 guests, and 682 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.