-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
meanwhile - at DFW,( if you don't see it right away, keep looking)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KFWA; 10/16/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Too fuggin' funny....

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
In all fairness Dave, you tend to pick on Texans a lot....

In all fairness, Dallas ain't TEXAS. grin

Ft Worth??????? Now THAT'S part of Texas.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by ingwe
In all fairness Dave, you tend to pick on Texans a lot....

In all fairness, Dallas ain't TEXAS. grin

Ft Worth??????? Now THAT'S part of Texas.

What about Laredo, Eagle Pass, Carrizo, Brownsville, Austin, San Antonio...?

grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I have to agree with Trav on this one. eek crazy

Most of the "health care professionals" I know are neither "professional" nor all that intelligent. I mean no disrespect to nurses who I know and trust to behave responsibly and professionally, but this Dallas-Ohio nurse's idiotic and irresponsible travel behavior was about what I'd expect for the average RN.

You can't blame the CDC for this mess. The nurse knew she was sick. She knew she'd been exposed to Ebola. If she had a shred of sense and real education (most nurses have very little real medical science education) she would have taken personal responsibility for this and would not have gone out in public.

The key to defeating this outbreak is application of sound public health procedures and and acceptance of personal responsibility by every member of the public, including (perhaps especially) healthcare workers.

I just lost a ton of respect for you. She was given instructions by the CDC. She followed them to a letter.

Blaming everyone else when they [bleep] up apparently is what doctors do almost universally.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Let me see if I understand this. This is the same CDC that earlier this year lost/misplaced dangerous samples not once but at least 2 (reported) separate times, have repeatedly tried to get ammunition declared a health risk and the current head is a former NY medical official who's claim to fame is outlawing trans-fats, secondhand smoke, and big gulps is the unquestioned source of how to prevent the spread of Ebola. What could possibly go wrong.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't care WHAT CDC told they nurse, they are stupid and WHY does she need to hear from them what she obviously already knew?

It's no different than the World Trade Center. A plane fly into one tower and they announced in the other tower that everything is ok. [bleep] you, I'm out of there.

She KNEW something wasn't right, if she didn't she wouldn't have called CDC.

CDC and the nurse were BOTH wrong.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NOT Austin.

West of US 281 puts you in shore nuff Texas.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pavementends
Let me see if I understand this. This is the same CDC that earlier this year lost/misplaced dangerous samples not once but at least 2 (reported) separate times, have repeatedly tried to get ammunition declared a health risk and the current head is a former NY medical official who's claim to fame is outlawing trans-fats, secondhand smoke, and big gulps is the unquestioned source of how to prevent the spread of Ebola. What could possibly go wrong.

Sums it up very well.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't care WHAT CDC told they nurse, they are stupid and WHY does she need to hear from them what she obviously already knew?

It's no different than the World Trade Center. A plane fly into one tower and they announced in the other tower that everything is ok. [bleep] you, I'm out of there.

Agree but Doc R put all the blame on the nurse.

I'm better when I move.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Down here in Texas the word is that there are at least four more nurses and a doctor who tended to Duncan who are now running fever.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by deflave

Have you met many people in the healthcare profession?

Ever meet SES level of government employees?

There's your answer.

Travis

I have to agree with Trav on this one. eek crazy

Most of the "health care professionals" I know are neither "professional" nor all that intelligent. I mean no disrespect to nurses who I know and trust to behave responsibly and professionally, but this Dallas-Ohio nurse's idiotic and irresponsible travel behavior was about what I'd expect for the average RN.

You can't blame the CDC for this mess. The nurse knew she was sick. She knew she'd been exposed to Ebola. If she had a shred of sense and real education (most nurses have very little real medical science education) she would have taken personal responsibility for this and would not have gone out in public.

The key to defeating this outbreak is application of sound public health procedures and and acceptance of personal responsibility by every member of the public, including (perhaps especially) healthcare workers.

I'm betting that nurse is a dimocrap. She sure didn't want to stay in Cleveland to be buried, though.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/16/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlaRick

You can't have it both ways. If she is just an ignorant bedpan emptier, then why the hell shouldn't she listen to what the CDC tells her to do?

I think Doc should just do all of his med administration, assessments, and cares without the aid of nursing if he gets any Ebola patients where he works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who here would get on a plane with a fever after wiping up blood/diarrhea/vomit of a guy that just died of Ebola?

I'm putting about 99% of the blame on the nurse.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by KFWA
meanwhile - at DFW,( if you don't see it right away, keep looking)

[Linked Image]

Yep......Mr. Clipboard. He's probably upper management so procedures don't apply......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
who here would get on a plane with a fever after wiping up blood/diarrhea/vomit of a guy that just died of Ebola?

I'm putting about 99% of the blame on the nurse.

Yes, no, maybe. Perhaps, if the CDC and the talking heads would have taken this seriously and actually communicated hiw dangerous this disease is instead of downaying it constantly.

I mean just look at this board and other places, I would say the medical people have been a lot less concerned with it than the average person and throwing out terms like "fear monger" pretty readily.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by FlaRick

No, I didn't. I pointed out the nurse's culpability, which was substantial.

If it makes you feel better, I'll enumerate a bunch more of the players that were patently negligent in this particular instance. Start with Presbyterian Hospital, its ER docs/nurses, and its Infection Control people, when the index case presented to their ER, for multiple failures in treating him, isolating him, and then failing to adequately control & educate their staff on prevention of further infections. Continue with Dallas' public health department, and the state of Texas' public health authority. Blame the Federal govt for failing to adequately fund public health for the past 30 years (cuts to the CDC budget alone have been criminally negligent). Blame WHO, and UNICEF, and the International Red Cross for their failure to address the outbreak in west Africa adequately; but if we blame them, we have to blame the UN and the world of Nations at large for failing to provide adequate funding to these organizations, much in the same way we have to blame the US feds for our domestic public health underfunding. Blame the greed and avarice of the airlines and the travel industry in general for failing to adequately protect healthy passengers from infected persons travelling out of west Africa and out of Dallas.

There's lots of blame to go around. Those players are just the tip of the iceberg.

Just because I pointed out the stupid behavior of the nurse who flew back from Ohio doesn't mean I think she's the only person who is at fault here. But come on... does anyone here on the 24HCF actually think that if they call the CDC's public phone line they're going to get to talk to a doctor or scientist who really knows about Ebola? Of course you won't! You'll get to talk to a telephone operator who maybe has a high school diploma and a set of photocopied talking points.

Asking the CDC for personal health advice, as this nurse did, is like calling the North Pole and expecting to talk to Santa.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Down here in Texas the word is that there are at least four more nurses and a doctor who tended to Duncan who are now running fever.

Where dd you hear that

It it has not hit Houston yet

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Where dd you hear that

It it has not hit Houston yet

Snake

A friend of mine is rather high up in the administration of another hospital. That is the word going around. And with what we know about the way he was treated I see no reason to doubt her and figure it will end up being more than that in the end.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With all due respect, Doc, in response to the "lack of funding" issues you mention, when part of the funds they DID get were spent promoting an anti gun agenda, I ain't at all hossin' to give 'em more.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,254 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.