Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Without a doubt my favorite are the 2 pairs of USA made Redwing boots. I have a non-insulated steel for pair and an insulated non-steel toe pair. Both are the most comfortable footwear I have of any kind.

I wear a size 9EEE, and the RW's fit great.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
whites packers and farmer/ranchers and I've been enjoying cabelas meindls perfekt romeo slip ons.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still waiting for Steelie to weigh in smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I wear them all of the time.
Light weight and i don't feel bad if they get messed up.
Have some from Rocky that have Goretex in them and in the cold/wet they are warm and dry.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Best work boots I ever had were the Vietnam era combat boots I had when I left the service back in the mid seventies...half leather half canvas with drain vents.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I have a heck of a time finding something I'm happy with! I can be picky about stuff like this though. Can't be heavy. They gotta last more than 6 - 8 months. My feet/skin gotta agree with them otherwise I get a skin rash. Non-steel toe. I prefer waterproof. I also prefer American made. I've tried lots of them in my young (20yr) working career. What say you?

Danner, RedWing, and Chippewa all have a good selection of boots made in the USA. If you have a Cabela's or Bass Pro, or any other "Big Box" type outdoors store anywhere near you, they typically have huge selections of boots. Also, try to find a men's shoe, or "boot" specific store if you can, and that's your opportunity to try a bunch on.

Here's a pair that took a long time to wear out: http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/8-inch-boots/chippewa-29416/
I was given a different pair of work boots as a replacement, and when I wear those out, I'll return to the Chippewa's.

If you don't need steel toe (that's nice) and you're on you feet a lot, Merrell Boots are VERY comfortable. I don't think any are made in the USA, but I can vouch for their comfort.

These from Ecco are very comfortable, but foreign made: http://us.shop.ecco.com/men-classic...?dwvar_522054_color=58213#cgid=men-boots

I've personally have or had Merrell's, Ecco's, Chippewa's, and RedWing's. Merrell's are consistently the most comfortable. All my years on the Ambulance, my fire boots were Chippewa's, and they were outstanding quality boots. I put a gel insert inside the Chippewa's and they were awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Best work boots I ever had were the Vietnam era combat boots I had when I left the service back in the mid seventies...half leather half canvas with drain vents.
Those were decent back in the day, but boots have come a long way since then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wesco

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This thread is remarkably timely for me. Just yesterday I decided it is time to buy some new work boots. Today I bought new Red Wing work boots due to the favorable reviews here and my previous positive experience with them. The boots I bought were among the very few in the store that were made in USA. Thanks, guys!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no steel toes. Sorry cant' help ya there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WESCO or Whites, nothing else mentioned here comes close, and I have had Danner loggers (smoke jumpers) and Red Wings logger boots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thorogoods hands down. Most of their boots are USA made. Im on concrete all day long most days so i wear their wedge sold, and nothing is more comfortable

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,188
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.