Hurt?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hell yes! Like a Mofo!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes, but only when you kick a football with it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup. It hurt. Dropped an old fashioned clay weight on my little toe on the left foot when I was thirteen years old. I was barefoot at the time. Broke the toe, turned it sideways and it is like that today.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, it felt great.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
broke big toe first section into 4 pieces. it hurt

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
broke mine when I was 8, running down some open-back steps and somehow got my foot turned and between the steps. turned all kinds of interesting colors and since I could walk on it no one believed it was broken.

doctor did though lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in high school when a cow stepped on my foot and turned, giving my middle toe a good twist. It smarted a bit. The doc taped it to the next toe but that hurt a lot worse than just leaving it alone. I have a lump in the bone that's been there for 50 years without any problems.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A couple of times. Once while racing a dirt bike and jammed my foot under the brake pedal and a large rock. Dropped a small anvil on my foot wearing tennis shoes the other time.

Did it hurt? Not as much as a kidney stone but enough that I was wishing my mom and dad hadn't met, at least for the first hour or so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup, I'm a slow learner also. Broke several times. Hurt every time..

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I broke mine the morning of a planned deer hunt way back in the early 1980s. Had to cancel it. Was supposed to meet a coworker who was taking his two boys to their deer camp for a few days and invited me to join them. Really pissed me off.

Funny thing was that our boss got wind of our plans to call in sick to go deer hunting and told us that if we didn't show up for work we were fired. He didn't show up and was fired. I showed up with a broken toe, because I knew if I called in and said I broke my toe, I'd be fired for going deer hunting even if I didn't. I had to cut the toe area out of one of an old pair of sneakers because that was the only way my swollen broken toe would fit in any kind of footwear. Boss gave me some funny looks because of that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hurt?

It made my eyes water it stung so bad... grin I had poured some candy corn in the trough & was busy milking the cow, when she shifted her feet (& weight) straight down on my big toe...I was wearing tennis shoes & when the weight shifted I heard 3-4 snaps. That sonofabitch hurt for a couple months.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hurt?

I'd rather nail my nuts to my knees, while giving birth to a porcupine.

After breaking mine, the next day I was a foreman on a job renovating a High school. LOTS of walking.
On the job I earned the nick-name "Step an 1/2".

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
YES ! cry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I managed to break four at the same time. Running WOT from my dog when I was about 12 and kicked the step, barefoot of course. Broke all but my big toe on my right foot. It still hurts when I think about it.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hurt?

No more than pulling your teeth w/o Novocain.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I broke a couple during a little disagreement with another guy long ago. And he said it hurt plenty. I laughed at him. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope this finds you folks doing well.

I believe I broke the big toe on my left foot while cornering on a motorcycle when I was about 14 and yes while it was conspicuously uncomfortable it wasn't as bad as when I'd broken my arm a couple years previous to that.

When I was 25 on my first day on a new job at the cabinet shop I worked at for the next 26 years more or less I dropped a sheet of 3/4" mdf on the same toe.

So that hurt as well, but significantly less than the previous melees I'd put my body through. So really judged on that scale it was a mild discomfort and I worked most of the rest of the day until going to the hospital where they confirmed it was crushed and weren't going to do anything about it.

While I'm not anxious to do it again anytime soon wabigoon, I've been in far more intense discomfort than either time I broke my toe - but that's the dubious position one sometimes finds oneself in sometimes is it not? wink

All the best to you folks this weekend wabigoon.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Id rather break my toes than break my nose and reset it myself more than once.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I broke the little toe on my left foot years ago at work; I never knew how I did it, had no recollection of doing anything that could have broken a toe. When I got home, I took off my shoes and it was turning purple and swelling. THEN it started hurting! It healed back crooked with a protrusion on the outside. It was very odd, as usually an impact strong enough to break a bone and you WILL know it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 37 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,048
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.