Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by krp
For me it's coleman stoves and lanterns, vintage usa cast iron, vintage USA knifes with a few german, 50s toasters, coffee pots, old Disston saws. That's just my garage stuff.

I didn't really mean to collect them but they are things I use and if I see one for a couple bucks I can't resist.

Kent

Geeze Kent, you made me realize I also collect Coleman lanterns and cast iron even if I don't mean to.

Went and looked in the basement and found 6 lanterns. Probably others in the garage or shed.

Cast iron is everywhere.

I guess what I really collect is "stuff", most of which is junk.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Old steel traps.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If I ever get to the back of my 25X40 shop -

I'll let you know! (seems to be a bit of everything)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
After organizing some ammo in a couple drawers, I realize I have become somewhat of an ammo collector.

Spent a little time explaining to my son why it's handy to have so much. Hate to be beholden to someone or something if the supply dries up over night.

I'd be embarrassed to say how many rounds of 22 I have. Scared to count the 223 and 9mm as well.

Really need to start reloading and then I'm afraid of how I might get with components.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Daughters, step daughters, god-daughters, grand daughters and God grand daughters.
When I'm not reponding to what ever problem one or the other has discovered, created or imagined, I collect S&W model 25, 625 in 45 Colt and Winchester 95s in 30-06.

I tried collecting wives but that turmed out to be expensive.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Creek Chub Pikie Minnows. Ambassadeur baitcasting reels. .22 ammo. (Just in case, but not from the gougers, and I don't resell it for profit.) Wheat pennies.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't really collect them, they just keep following me home.

Fishing rods, over 100 of 'em !!

[Linked Image]

Casting, trolling (mostly), spinning, a couple of fly rods, and some for ice fishing.

I keep them on the barn walls, in the boat, and leaning in a lot of corners.

My favorites are Okuma Blue Diamond trolling rods, Diawa Saltist line counter reels with a spool full of 20# Fireline (and maybe some lead line) for walleye trolling on Erie. I have ten of those in different sizes.

Here's my Grandson with his first limit from this summer.

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Krp: I collect (in order of preference/importance to me):

Rifles
pistols
rare Hunting books
knives
shed horns (Antelope) and antlers
binoculars
spotting scopes
arrowheads and scrapers
old 22 rimfire cartridge boxes
old medicine bottles (snake oil/opiates)
fossils
animal skulls
coolers
old phone/electric pole insulators
hand crank phones
petrified wood

Needless to say the VarmintWife is about to the end of her rope with me!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Kent, what's that old hand meat grinder you got there?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
only thing i collect just for fun is old powder measures. most of mine are belding & mull. i gave up collecting knives a few years ago.

you lantern collecters got any yellow colmans?

Last edited by srwshooter; 10/20/14.
IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Kent, what's that old hand meat grinder you got there?

It's a universal. I've never tried it, we have am electric grinder at dad's barn where we butcher. I should take out a couple pounds of elk and see if it will grind breakfast sausage.

Kent

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Sheet music, lots and lots of sheet music...I kind of wish I could just put it all on a kindle, it's so much of a pain to take when I move.

Used to collect Japanese swords, and French Rapiers/small swords but sold them all when I went back to get my grad degree. Wish I had one or two back now.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Creek Chub Pikie Minnows. Ambassadeur baitcasting reels. .22 ammo. (Just in case, but not from the gougers, and I don't resell it for profit.) Wheat pennies.

I have some old 50s tackle and tackle box, some neat stuff.

Kent

[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BGunn
I don't really collect them, they just keep following me home.

Fishing rods, over 100 of 'em !!

[Linked Image]

Casting, trolling (mostly), spinning, a couple of fly rods, and some for ice fishing.

I keep them on the barn walls, in the boat, and leaning in a lot of corners.

My favorites are Okuma Blue Diamond trolling rods, Diawa Saltist line counter reels with a spool full of 20# Fireline (and maybe some lead line) for walleye trolling on Erie. I have ten of those in different sizes.

Here's my Grandson with his first limit from this summer.

[Linked Image]

Now that's a winner!

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Old Coleman lanterns, pocket knives made in the U.S., fenwick fishing rods & ambassaduer 1600 and 3600 reels and old cardnal spinning reels. Just about anything old, especially old fishing gear. I'm just old enuff to remember when lots of stuff was made here and made well. I have to many boats, tiller out boards and canoes and layout boats and poke boat. I also never trade a car, I just keep buying new ones. I have 4 vehicles, a jeep, truck, honda element and wifes nissan.

.22 rifles are a fetish as are semi auto shotguns and old cast iron skillets. I collect mounted birds too but that is pricey. I will get my first pheasant back form Iowa in about 3 weeks. I have many ducks of many species but unfortunately all of them have been killed in Tn.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stone points.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Knife steel, assorted knife handle material, guard material,grinders,knifemaking magazines and books.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Old Coleman lanterns, pocket knives made in the U.S., fenwick fishing rods & ambassaduer 1600 and 3600 reels and old cardnal spinning reels. Just about anything old, especially old fishing gear. I'm just old enuff to remember when lots of stuff was made here and made well. I have to many boats, tiller out boards and canoes and layout boats and poke boat. I also never trade a car, I just keep buying new ones. I have 4 vehicles, a jeep, truck, honda element and wifes nissan.

.22 rifles are a fetish as are semi auto shotguns and old cast iron skillets. I collect mounted birds too but that is pricey. I will get my first pheasant back form Iowa in about 3 weeks. I have many ducks of many species but unfortunately all of them have been killed in Tn.

I also like anything old usa made. Pans, tools, utensils, electric cookware with cloth cords. And I use it all.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a collector, I've got too many hobbies and interests to have focused on one paticular item, or items.

I guess it would be fair to say I've collected a little bit of everything, though my wife would likely say more than a little bit wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Memories

Yup. "Stuff" means nothing to me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.