Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bought a $60 boat compass he advertised as new-in-box. It arrived with large air bubble and scuffs on the once clear dome. Upon returning it to seller, he told me to try to get my refund from PayPal. Now he has both my money and the defective compass.

Following is our unedited (except for name and phone) PM conversation.

(Pal) "I'll take it. Please provide payment info. thanks, (name & phone#)"
(Mac1978) "Hey (name), you ok with paypal?"
(P)) "Sure. What's your PayPal address?"
(M) "xxxxxx--send it as a gift if you don't mind, and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. What's the shipping address? Thanks, Mac"
(P) "Actually I'd rather not claim that it is a gift."
(M) "Thats fine, im not going to be like one of these morons and cry about 2 bucks"
(P) "PayPal sent. Please ship to: xxxx thanks"
(M) "Its on the way"
(P) "Good man. I'll let you know when it arrives. And I will leave feedback for you."
(M) "Sounds good. Im out of town and had the wife pack and ship it. She usually does a good job, but i have no clue how she sent it. Probably next day air just to piss me off! Haha"
----
(P) "Oh man, I wish you had told me there was a bubble in it."
(M) "A bubble? There was nothing wrong with it. Just send it back, and I'll refund your money."
(M) "I'd buy that compass for 60$ any day.... Send it back, I'd love to have it"
(P) "Thank you. Please provide a return address. The paper wrapper was discarded."
(M) "xxxx I'll issue a refund when it arrives in the same condition that it was shipped in. I'm interested in seeing this "bubble"
(M) "xxxx I spoke with paypal, and they asked me to have you send me photos of the damage before you send it that I could compare with the photos I have of the condition it was in when it was shipped. I just found the detailed photos that I took of it that show the compass fluid and card in new condition."
(P) "Oh boy. PayPal told you to have me photograph it? OK, I'll take photos of the bubble. Also of the bruising on the glass dome. Never figured I'd have such a hassle with a fellow member."
(M) "Yes, they sure did. And obviously by my photos it left in new un damaged condition. So, in order for me to protect myself from refunding money for something that either the shipper or the purchaser damaged PayPal suggested you send photos. Now with all of that cleared up, I would appreciate it if we could drop the childish tone about "hassles" . As far as the "members" of this fine association go....I buy a lot of toys, and the three times that I have been burned were on here. Trust me, I have much more important things to do than to try to bone you out of a 60$ compass for [bleep] sake."
(P) "You have cost me an hour of my life by misrepresenting this compass. So please drop the name calling and vulgarity. It has been returned to the address you provided by USPS, tracking #
9534 6110 6554 4284 4207 39 at a cost to me of $13.38. Attached is a photo which shows the bubble. Below it can be seen two of the worst scuffs in the plastic dome.
[Linked Image]
(M) "I can 100% assure you that that was not there when it was shipped,so if it was damaged in shipping, the packaging will reflect as such. Thanks for a pleasant transaction, have a wonderful day!"
(M) "I can 100% assure you that that was not there when it was shipped,so if it was damaged in shipping, the packaging will reflect as such. Thanks for a pleasant transaction, have a wonderful day!"
(note: duplicate post just as it appeared.)
(P) "USPS tracking shows that you received this yesterday."
(M) "I'm out of town till monday"
(M) "Wife just opened it up and sent photos. It was absolutely not in that condition when it was shipped. I have spoken with PayPal again this morning to try to file a case, but they advise that only a buyer can do so. You should call PayPal and open a claim so that this can be taken care of"
(P) "Hard for me to believe that a fellow member would be so unscrupulous as to cheat me over a $60 purchase. I will take this up with PayPal. And I intend to expose you for the fraud you are, here, on the 'fire."
(M) "I tried to resolve this in a friendly way with you. Even your handwriting suggests an unsteady hand. Do as you wish, im not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers. I do have to believe that you are the cheat on this one."

Original ad.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9201062/Ritchie_HB71_Compass

Beware doing business with this unscrupulous seller.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This should be posted in the Free Classifieds.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Where he will promptly be vilified for taking it public and excoriated for making such a fuss over an amount of money that is considered inconsequential by the righteous mob.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a Compass,...where is the ass-shot bear..?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bring on the girls.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Where he will promptly be vilified for taking it public and excoriated for making such a fuss over an amount of money that is considered inconsequential by the righteous mob.

True enough, sir.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
might as well do it here in the campfire forum. We could use a shot of raw, unmitigated drama.

Sam......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You are not the only one who has had issues with Mac1978. I have had him on ignore because of another member here who was burned by him. I only put people on ignore when someone has been burned, i think it's a good way to keep me from making a mistake.

Last edited by Jahrs; 10/20/14.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ahhhhhhh, the plot thickens. smirk

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pretty simple concept here, customer isn't happy, item arrived damaged. Customer sends item back and seller refunds the money, should be the end of the story.

Involving a third party like paypal and using them as a reason to be a schithead pure bullschit.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
mac1978's wife should have something for sale soon...

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And don't forget, he's also " not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers."

Doesn't sound like a very good seller to me, if that's what he thinks of the membership here.

As Flave would say......Mac1978 can GFY. grin

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Ahhhhhhh, the plot thickens. smirk

What would you expect being were all a Bunch of "losers"?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
mac1978's wife should have something for sale soon...

smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Jahrs
You are not the only one who has had issues with Mac1978. I have had him on ignore because of another member here who was burned by him. I only put people on ignore when someone has been burned, i think it's a good way to keep me from making a mistake.

That's and excellent idea.

Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the way internet cons do their business. When caught, they say "the wife shipped it"...always. They're never available to ship/receive items. They start to deflect from their con and blame shippers/wives.

This guy is Classic of the several who have burned me over the years and of cons in general. They'll stall as long as they can, then resort to getting pushy and belittling.

Don't feel too bad. I was victim of the same scenario, only that thief took me for $600.00.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
And don't forget, he's also " not too concerned with my image on an internet forum full of losers."

Doesn't sound like a very good seller to me, if that's what he thinks of the membership here.

As Flave would say......Mac1978 can GFY. grin

Sounds like a TOOL to me.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it doesn't even look like the compass picture in the original ad photo,does it?

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
pal has always been a class act; got to think this mac guy is the shet. Mac on ignore just so I don't do business with him by mistake.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
pointing out facts, draw your own conclusions...

Mac1978 has posted strictly in the Classifieds except 5 posts on one topic at Classifieds Etiquette... he had the last post on that 5 page thread, and here is what he had to say:

People suck. However, it is awesome that there are public forums to prove your stupidity without doubt.

Draw your conclusions about his character....I have..

PAL is well known enough, I have no question about his character.. and it certainly isn't negative...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.