Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fluffy
it doesn't even look like the compass picture in the original ad photo,does it?

Wondering about that myself.

Pal, is there a removable "Binnacle" type shroud that you left off in your photo ?

The one in the original add damn sure has one.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The first warning should have been him asking for send it Pay Pal "gift" If he's willing to cheat Pay Pal what's to say he won't cheat you? I was going to buy something from someone on her and when he requested it be sent as a "gift" I refused to buy from him and told him why. He got all upset but I refuse to buy from someone who want's payment sent as a gift.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Funny, I went to the link, and lo and behold I already had Mac1978 on ignore.
My way of reminding myself who not to buy from. Guess it works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
The first warning should have been him asking for send it Pay Pal "gift" If he's willing to cheat Pay Pal what's to say he won't cheat you? I was going to buy something from someone on her and when he requested it be sent as a "gift" I refused to buy from him and told him why. He got all upset but I refuse to buy from someone who want's payment sent as a gift.

I thought it was customary to send it as a gift so as not to pay fees. I generally request it that way and it's generally requested of me. I've never viewed it as a sign of trying to screw someone.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mac1978; 10/21/14.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink. You guys want to see his handwriting? He's as shaky as a [bleep] eating a hot dog. I tried to be civil about it, but he wanted to insist I screwed him. It is what it is

pal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In the original ad the binnacle light shroud has been pivoted up from its normal position, perhaps covering the bubble. In my photo the shroud is, down, in its normal position.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink. You guys want to see his handwriting? He's as shaky as a [bleep] eating a hot dog. I tried to be civil about it, but he wanted to insist I screwed him. It is what it is

Why are you calling us all losers? Two or maybe three of us aren't.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz

I thought it was customary to send it as a gift so as not to pay fees. I generally request it that way and it's generally requested of me. I've never viewed it as a sign of trying to screw someone.

i see that end of this the same way....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

so most doctors aint worth chit then? aint for paypal to refund its on you, you got the money.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink.

Can you prove that?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Why are you calling us all losers?

Because you are a loser. And I think you are a bi-polar loser as well.
It's funny how you chime in here like you are an actual stand up member of the Campfire.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
In the original ad the binnacle light shroud has been pivoted up from its normal position, perhaps covering the bubble. In my photo the shroud is, down, in its normal position.

Got it, thanks, Se�or.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

The idea is that if someone is willing to lie to PayPal and steal from them, then they probably should not be trusted. PayPal's terms of use include higher fees to transfer money for commerce than to transfer money as a gift. No one can use PayPal without agreeing to those terms so to violate them reveals that a person is both a liar and a thief.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
pointing out facts, draw your own conclusions...

Mac1978 has posted strictly in the Classifieds except 5 posts on one topic at Classifieds Etiquette... he had the last post on that 5 page thread, and here is what he had to say:

People suck. However, it is awesome that there are public forums to prove your stupidity without doubt.

Draw your conclusions about his character....I have..

PAL is well known enough, I have no question about his character.. and it certainly isn't negative...

pal has always been a class act stand up guy here.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Me either. Paypal is the one screwing us over. God knows they have taken way more than their share from me over the years when buying/selling on ebay. Since we should be friends here (classifieds rather), that's how I pay and expect to be paid..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick

The idea is that if someone is willing to lie to PayPal and steal from them, then they probably should not be trusted. PayPal's terms of use include higher fees to transfer money for commerce than to transfer money as a gift. No one can use PayPal without agreeing to those terms so to violate them reveals that a person is both a liar and a thief.

paypal also wont let yah use them for much related to guns and have been known to delete an account and steal a persons funds for no reason, happened to a good friend of mine who isnt a gun guy and never violated their rules....dont have much heartburn over people going around their rules like the above....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by achadwick

paypal bends us over. Think what you will, but amongst friends here. We should pay and get paid as friends..

BSA MAGA
pal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
...Why are you calling us all losers? Two or maybe three of us aren't.

smile

Who are you calling "us"?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pal dropped it,and tried to cause a stink.

No he didn't. I've been a member of this board for 12 years and I know who the schitt heads are, you know, schittheads like you. Pal is an honest guy and easy to get along with. I've never heard anyone criticize him until...now.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.