Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Monday of this week was the day I have been waiting for all this time. I am finally sick enough to be a patient at the U of W Transplant hospital aka Virginia Mason transplant center. At the same time, the many, MANY tests they ran on me over and had other providers run on me over the past couple of weeks indicate that while my kidneys are shot, my heart function, vascular health otherwise, lifestyle, diet, caregiver team and all other factors are just fine and so I am now officially their patient.

I have so far two people going through the steps to see if they are a match for me to donate a kidney. Statistically I am told that it takes on average 10 potential donors to be tested before a good match is found, but this is obviously not always the case. I am a blood type "O" so can accept a kidney from more other blood types than some other more limited or specific blood types. This works much in my favor.

However many potential donors I have to get through to find a match, I am very hopeful that one will be found for me soon and I can become again the hard working productive citizen I once was. Again able to take better care of my family and enjoy life without so many pills and drugs. Those who have not been through it cannot know how hard it is to not be able to do this and I think especially hard for a man.

It will take a while, (about two years or more all told and together) but we have begun and I am excited and hopefull.

The surgery for me will be a bit risky because both of my old kidneys need to come out, being very enlarged and being the source of much pain. But, I know the healer and builder of my body and so I know that I am in GREAT hands.

To those who have been holding me up in prayer and offering support, many thanks. There is at last a light seen at the end of this long dark tunnel. And it is NOT a train coming the other way! wink grin

Exciting times and news that I had to share.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Prayer sent. Best of luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to hear. Best of luck to you.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
good luck, hope you find a match soon.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm glad to hear that Mark...I'm getting kind of old,(63) & ain't sure I'd be a good candidate (smoke, sometimes drink) but my offer still stands...pm me if you'd like me to get tested.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are they convinced both have to be removed?

Will there be a lag time of the renalectomy, then a window of dialysis...then the transplant

or will it be a 2 out, 1 in same day operation?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wonderful news!!! Prayers for your recovery and health to improve!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Are they convinced both have to be removed?

Will there be a lag time of the renalectomy, then a window of dialysis...then the transplant

or will it be a 2 out, 1 in same day operation?

Not 100% sure that both have to come out, but they cause me a lot of back pain, digestive issues, stomach distension, and are now throwing off cysts to my liver so I want them both out if possible. That decision will come later, after we find me a match /donor.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I'm glad to hear that Mark...I'm getting kind of old,(63) & ain't sure I'd be a good candidate (smoke, sometimes drink) but my offer still stands...pm me if you'd like me to get tested.

If you PM me your address, a donor info card with where to call and how to take the first steps toward being a possible donor will be on its way to you my friend. I am not being picky right now! Thank you SO much!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good to hear! I ain't doing to good and might be checking out soon. Send me your name, address and number and when I go you can have mine (if their any good)! I already know they won't let me be a living donor from that liver thing a short while back.

Hope things go well for ya and you can get this over soon. I hate having to live as a cripple and often think I'd rather be a memory!
If there's any cost for the testing I won't be able to pay it but if it's not to much maybe my doc can slip it in in my next visit.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark,

That's FANTASTIC news, prayers going up for you my friend.

Kevin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Good to hear! I ain't doing to good and might be checking out soon. Send me your name, address and number and when I go you can have mine (if their any good)! I already know they won't let me be a living donor from that liver thing a short while back.

Hope things go well for ya and you can get this over soon. I hate having to live as a cripple and often think I'd rather be a memory!
If there's any cost for the testing I won't be able to pay it but if it's not to much maybe my doc can slip it in in my next visit.

Right now I am 'healthy enough' (???) to keeping a search only for a living donor. A kidney from a still living donor can last 10-12 years and sometimes longer. A kidney from a deceased donor lasts only about 5-7 years. Or so I am told at the transplant hospital. I will be very fragile and sick for a month or more after a transplant, so if at all possible I am working and hoping toward that living donor with them.

THANK YOU, however, very much for the offer.

I am going to let the cat out of the bad so to speak and let everyone here know that it was Ghetto Sportsman here who was offering Sandits wife, Char, a liver transplant right before she died. Sandpit (John) was just over at my home here last week and he seems to be doing OK, all things considered.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acooper1983
[Linked Image]

HOW TOUCHING! And funny!

Unfortunately, there probably are a few here who really would prefer to see me kick off, and this is just an internet site where they have never even met me or know me in any real sense. Sad, mostly for them. Oh well, hateful people are gonna hate. I am thankful for my many, many friends and will focus on them and the good things in my life.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Geez! How useless can one person be! I can't even give away organs! I sure understand though! Sounds like you'll have more time with the family from a living donor.

You promised you'd keep quiet and ya didn't! If I ever get to meet ya (Not likely), I'm gonna slap ya! (if i can)

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is an amazing site with an even more amazing group of folks. The goodness and altruism of most never ceases to amaze me.

Godspeed Mark!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Best, Mark.

Yours is a living testimony for folks signing up as full tissue and organ donors upon their death. It is probably the very last thing we can do for our fellow man and do it anon if we wish.

Don't forget to sign up and support your State Organ Procurement org.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Geez! How useless can one person be! I can't even give away organs!

Only completely useless ones are liberals that want to destroy this country, you GS are not one of them.

Good luck Mark, I'm praying for you.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I knew my gut feeling about you was correct.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 54 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.