Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
HAJ
Anyone can do it with some practice and instruction. My first attempts were quite childish but they did return the fun I had as a child to archery.

BigBuck
Many indian bows were styled differently. Some were short, heavy sinew backed bows ,shot from horseback. Some were longer wide flat bows.

Most of my bows are a combination of flatbow and English longbow.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is woodworking a primitive skill? Here is a table top I made of teak, with an inlaid starfish of birdseye maple. Dimensions are ~24" x 48". Shown in raw state prior to varnishing.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anyone who has tried to read what it type know almost everything I do is primitive.

But besides trying to type I do other less modern things. I have not used big bundles of newspaper, gas or much of anything else modern for fire starting for a long time. It is just more fun to start with feather sticks and some sort of a spark.

I like to find and restore axe heads then hang with a handle made from scratch. I have made rope from cordage, and camp with a bedroll rather that a sleeping bag. I have played with arrowheads using obsidian found in Oregon and deer antler tools but an mot good at it and shoulders do not like pulling bows at all in my senior years.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Scott,

Just thinking out loud here but if you can't do the bow thing can you do something like an atlatl?

That should give your arrowheads something to do. smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
Is woodworking a primitive skill? Here is a table top I made of teak, with an inlaid starfish of birdseye maple. Dimensions are ~24" x 48". Shown in raw state prior to varnishing.

[Linked Image]

Not only is woodworking a primitive skill, but I can think of a ton of things to do with that beautiful piece of work you have there. That would be handy on so many levels.

I'm impressed with your work!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by lvmiker
MS,the trip was a ball but I don't think I could find a wolf if we were in the same room. We saw Elk, pronghorns, muledeer, a badger and lots of Grouse but I am sure they knew I didn't have a tag.

I owe all the guys on here that helped w/advice a good trip report. I will try to get that done today.

mike r

The wolves travel in a big circuit basically. A pack may run through an area and not be back for weeks. I've seen a fair amount while in that region, but they are getting pretty wary of dudes in the mountains.

Glad you had fun though.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you Hug.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 35 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,052
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.