Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Rolling Stones has a good story on the Brownback experiment in Kanas that has gone so terribly wrong. It is worth a read if you have the ability to look at the underbelly of the GOP and how bad it can get when the money brokers of the world run a muck.

Will Kanas turn blue? don't know but Brownback has shown us the future of extreme Supply Side=Trickle Down economics and it does not look good. You have been sold a lemon if you buy this ideology guys!

When the instinct to insult my mother and threaten my daughter kicks in just restrain yourself and engage in a conversation just once!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-kansas-tea-party-disaster-20141023

Extremist Republicans turned their government into a lab experiment of tax cuts and privatization. And now they may be losing control of one of the reddest states in the nation

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-kansas-tea-party-disaster-20141023#ixzz3Gzc4jzFf
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

That word, "experiment," has come to haunt Brownback as the data rolls in. The governor promised his "pro-growth tax policy" would act "like a shot of adrenaline in the heart of the Kansas economy," but, instead, state revenues plummeted by nearly $700 million in a single fiscal year, both Moody's and Standard & Poor's downgraded the state's credit rating, and job growth sagged behind all four of Kansas' neighbors. Brownback wound up nixing a planned sales-tax cut to make up for some of the shortfall, but not before he'd enacted what his opponents call the largest cuts in education spending in the history of Kansas.

Brownback's policies have been so unpopular, in fact, that a group of more than 100 moderate Republicans, nearly all of them former or current state officeholders, have publicly backed his Democratic opponent, state Rep. Paul Davis, who, until the race's recent tightening, had been leading consistently in polls. Calling themselves Republicans for Kansas Values, the moderates released a manifesto of sorts, which reads in part.

Very long read but worth the time boys!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
HAHA nice try but you really have no idea what is going on here.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm not defending NWA (I think he's a bit of an a-hole...but so am I), but I will say there are very few credible economists who support The Laffer Curve, and Supply Side Economics. SSE is a failure that sounded really good on paper, but just didn't work.

The most realistic models are modified versions of Keynes, and of course that's blasphemy around here because 99% of those who bash Keynes here actually know next to nothing about Keynesian Economics. They think Keynes is prosperity through government spending, and that is NOT Keynesian economics; not even close.

The problem is, Republicans thing SSE still works; they don't have a clue.

Democrats think Keynes is massive pork barrel spending; they don't have a clue.

That is why I can't vote for either, because either side will get us deeper into trouble.

The problem is the voters, they're just not educated on economics.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Everyone has some A-hole in them or they are full of chitt. That excuses no one from supporting a commie agenda.

So Rs and Ds are bad. Well, which one is more likely to vote to turn over the 2nd A to the UN or Which is more likely to install a SCJustice who hates the 2nd A, or which is more likely to emulate Cuomo or ze row?

That's like requiring everything about a meal to be perfect or refusing to eat.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

I'll vote for whoever is less likely to print 34 million green cards.

BTW, who did you ever vote for who you considered the perfect candidate, IIMA?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.