Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
�create more or fewer regulations?

I am reminded, when I listen to the law enforcement and justice system proponents in Alaska, (they suggest legalization will lift the need for enforcement related to marijuana) that perhaps more laws and regulations will replace the more basic, straightforward prohibitions currently in place. Alcohol enforcement certainly seems to be an issue. I just don't see the logic in the arguments that some of the proponents put forward. What am I missing?

(BTW, I suppose it's no surprise that many teenagers seem to be very supportive of legalization. I would think that they might find themselves disappointed by the fact that it probably won't change much as far as they are concerned, if it passes.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
more problems...just at look Colorado

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anytime you give government more money, they will create more regulations, and more jobs to enforce them.

Big marijuana, big taxes, bigger government.

I don't like any of those three, and certainly not all three of them together.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is there a Legal definition of "Under the Influence" of THC as there is with Alcohol?

Is there an accurate Road-Side test to indicate that Legal threshold of THC intoxication? Beside odor and several empty bags of Cheetos?

If Marijuana is decriminalized on the State level, are local LEO still required to arrest marijuana users under the Federal Firearms laws that make any and all users of marijuana "prohibited person"?

Can a user of marijuana purchase a Hunting license as they are NOT allowed under federal law to possess a firearm?

Last edited by steve4102; 10/29/14.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it moves money and power away from the cops, the DA's and the prison system, and moves it to a new group of bureaucrats to create a new fiefdom.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
More regulations, more problems of all kinds.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Personally I've found benefits from the product in question....I find the larger question is: why does legalization require regulation?

Just a thunk

Charlie

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If government just completely ignores it and acts like it doesn't exist (which I support) then it'll be less government regulations.

But doing like Colorado did and trying to semi-legalize it and tax it is stupid. All they're doing is creating more government employees and more government regulations and more marijuana laws than they had before. And it's not even actually benefitting the citizens. The money is going to be poured into enforcement and regulating and rehabilitation and advertising.

Ask our Colorado residents about the refund they got on their state income tax this year because of all that new tax money coming in......

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
What am I missing?

Marijuana really hasn't been legalized in the U.S. - rather, certain people are being permitted to violate federal law. Follow the money.

abusus non tollit usum
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks that clears things up

Charlie

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how long it will take the fed govt to connect firearm ownership to alcohol, like they do with pot and firearms. I have to think govt will always attempt to limit/eliminate gun ownership.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Complete decimalization, taxed like cigarettes.

Remove the money incentive, remove most of the problems.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chas05
Personally I've found benefits from the product in question....I find the larger question is: why does legalization require regulation?

Just a thunk

Charlie

Do licensed drivers require regulation? (Why not just drive like they do in Tibet or Uzbekistan or someplace like that�driver beware, and at your own risk -soley- and all that?)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I wonder how long it will take the fed govt to connect firearm ownership to alcohol, like they do with pot and firearms. I have to think govt will always attempt to limit/eliminate gun ownership.

You get's it

Charlie

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by chas05

Just a thunk

Charlie

Do licensed drivers require regulation? (Why not just drive like they do in Tibet or Uzbekistan or someplace like that�driver beware, and at your own risk -soley- and all that?)

Respectfully, I didn't take a test to drink and get licensed to drink...did you? Crazy place you live in...

Charlie

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Never. According to the federal Government and the Gun Control Act of 1968 Alcohol is NOT considered a controlled substance. It would take Congress to change that.

Oh wait, I should change that "never" to pretty soon, cuz when you guys that vote Democrat funded Libertarian and you Stay-at-Home in protest Republicans get through handing these election to the Democrats on a Silver Platter, all bets are off.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Didn't take a test or get licensed to procreate, nonetheless I became a unlicensed dad, 7 years ago I beame an unlicensed "Papa Charlie".

Hope this finds all well

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102

Never. According to the federal Government and the Gun Control Act of 1968 Alcohol is NOT considered a controlled substance. It would take Congress to change that.

Oh wait, I should change that "never" to pretty soon, cuz when you guys that vote Democrat funded Libertarian and you Stay-at-Home in protest Republicans get through handing these election to the Democrats on a Silver Platter, all bets are off.

I don't know about "you guys that vote Democrat funded Libertarian and you Stay-at-Home in protest Republicans get through handing these election to the Democrats", but I can say for certain that I will vote my conscious and not a McCain or Romney (two of my favorite democrats) again; the party better run a true conservative if they want my vote in the future.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102

I don't know about "you guys that vote Democrat funded Libertarian and you Stay-at-Home in protest Republicans get through handing these election to the Democrats", but I can say for certain that I will vote my conscious and not a McCain or Romney (two of my favorite democrats) again; the party better run a true conservative if they want my vote in the future.

I rest my case!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Legal dope=EBT card that my taxers pay for....WTF

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,932
Posts18,479,955
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.