Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmiller
RWE,

I'm realizing you and I have a lot in common. Im in NC, my wifes birthday is Saturday, I'm a surveyor, and I am way to busy to get ready to hunt this weekend. I checked out your underhammer build on NCHF. That's pretty cool.

I fully intend on drilling the first thing I see with it, and whatever 3 or 4 critters are behind it.

The barrel manufacturer was kind enough to send me a rifled stub I am using to "form" some of the patched round balls ahead of time, as starting them from scratch in that freakishly long barrel (something Bob will never come to grip with) is kind of awkward.

I'm noticing that survey work in Carolina picks up this time of year, either closing before the end of the year, or building before the asphalt plants close for winter.

It's nuts...

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
You guys should really give Bob a break, I mean I don't know him personally but he seems like a good guy.

You should know him personally.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Would I feel differently then?

FJB & FJT
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

quite possibly felt different as well.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Only if you let him behind you.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Dude..

It was a bigger bore than what I had too! cry

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Would walk a little funny...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by RWE

Would walk a little funny...

So that's why he is the proud owner of Yorkies.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listen..I'm an expert on women...I've been married three times and....well,got to go,Warden making rounds...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

The barrel manufacturer was kind enough to send me a rifled stub I am using to "form" some of the patched round balls ahead of time, as starting them from scratch in that freakishly long barrel (something Bob will never come to grip with) is kind of awkward.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like brass and amaranth.

I made one out of walnut and brass.

Only holds three though.

If I work it out right, by using the barrel stub, the rifling will be started some in the thick waxed denim patches.

Probably overkill for a PRB, but then again, anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
take a mattress to the deer blind?

smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Randy...your wife is scheduled for Tuesday!

She's ecstatic, ain't often you get to screw a lawyer grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And hey guys, I'm not plowed on booze!

It's morning here.

I'm on drugs, booze is for afternoon. Sheesh

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
And hey guys, I'm not plowed on booze!

It's morning here.

I'm on drugs, booze is for afternoon. Sheesh

"I get stoned in the morning, I get drunk in the afternoon."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
true dat, but as I get older

I find that I'm becoming more of a long eared country boy, rather than the long haired country boy of my youth!

oh well guess a guy can't have too many love handles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
are you saying that you've got long hairy ears!? shocked

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 4ager

Yep, I remember that. All the deer were on "high ground", as the creek bottom thickets were flooded.

I remember the floods of 85 in SWVA.

You're right, it was 85 I was remembering.

Don't recall the exact year, but do recall the water and how concentrated the deer were. Back then, it was like we'd gone to Heaven.

For us, it was more like hell. We had a place in the GW NF all scoped out, a 2 1/2 mile hike up a roadless hollow in the mtns. The place was hit pretty hard, huge trees and rocks piled up like an obstacle course. The water had receded by the opener, so we hiked in anyway, over the obstacle course and I shot a decent 8-point buck.

In those days we checked the deer whole so the three of us cut a pole, lashed the gutted buck to it, and took turns carrying it out on our shoulders. Climbing over all the flood mess just about did us in. I still remember what my buddy Dave said when we got out to the trailhead:

"You can whip me, beat me, or f*** me in the a**, but don't ever let me do that again." It was a classic, and I still remind him of that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With the daughter now having a sleepover, would it not be best for RWE to stay home with his wife and daughter; bonding time with the young one and celebrating his bride's 29th (again)? Invite all the kids to stay the weekend and cook them breakfast tomorrow morning, and then his wife breakfast on Sunday?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds like a great idea.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.