Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We understand your LE agenda.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by antlers
Steve, just because the government turns around and spends the $$ like they do doesn't make the war on drugs any less of a "big plucking joke" than it is. The government has spent over a trillion dollars of taxpayers money so far on the war on drugs, and it hasn't done a bit of good. Drugs and drug use are still rampant in our country. You simply can't stop people from using the stuff...plain and simple.

Where did all that money go? Out the window? What was all this Money spent on?

Lets see, I can think of a very things.

LEO salaries,
DA Salaries,
Judges Salaries,
Court reporters Salaries,
Administrative Salaries,
Equipment and the jobs created to manufacture, sell and maintain this equipment.
Education programs (Salaries)
Rehab programs (Salaries)
Office supplies and the jobs created to manufacture and sell these supplies.
Training for LEO (salaries)

Tell me again how this "Trillion" dollars was wasted?

Based on that observation, do you drive around the neighborhood shooting out windows with a slingshot in order to spur economic "growth" for the glass industry?

Services are expenditures; of course they are needed, but they have become more of a want when the purse is full of fiat and levied paper.

This is exactly why we have a 20 Trillion dollar deficit and spending in excess of GDP.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by NeBassman
IMHO the "failed war on drugs" has created more problems than it has solved.

The only reason it fails is because the taxpayer funds the criminal....

Restitution and labor, folks.

Right now, we fund recidivism, rehab programs, education, welfare, medical, legal and support addicts and law breakers. Jail time IS NOT making anyone money because law breakers ARE NOT "paying" for anything.
Getting a Fed. grant for building a jail sure looks like a windfall, but it isn't.

Make THEM pay or work.....or die in the streets.

Its not complicated, why do people think we always need to spend more money, then cry out to legalize stuff because the law is "failing"?

Last edited by HawkI; 10/31/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://regulatemarijuanainalaska.org/law-enforcement-speaks-out/

Paid for by the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, Anchorage, AK 99524. Tim Hinterberger, Chair, approved this message. Top contributors are Marijuana Policy Project, Washington, DC; Drug Policy Alliance, New York, NY; and Thomas Cody Swift, Bellingham, WA. - See more at: http://regulatemarijuanainalaska.org/law-enforcement-speaks-out/#sthash.9bHk42iP.dpuf

Who the hell is Thomas Cody Swift? (BTW, thanks for all the outsider influence.)

Last edited by Klikitarik; 10/31/14. Reason: stoned shpeller

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
[quote=NeBassman]...The only reason it fails is because the taxpayer funds the criminal...

Wrong.

The reason the War on Drugs failed is that one cannot eliminate something one does not like simply by making a bunch of laws and then throwing a fortune into enforcing them.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by pal
[quote=NeBassman]...The only reason it fails is because the taxpayer funds the criminal...

Wrong.

The reason the War on Motor Vehicle Speeding failed is that one cannot eliminate something one does not like simply by making a bunch of laws and then throwing a fortune into enforcing them.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You bring up a very good point.

Driving is not illegal. Speeding is. But since some people speed, should no one be allowed to drive?

Drinking is not illegal. Drinking and driving is. But since some people drink and drive, should no one be allowed to drink at all?

Owning a gun is not illegal (okay, we can quibble about that in some states). Shooting people without provocation is illegal. Since some people shoot others without provocation should no one be allowed to own a gun?

Don't withhold whatever it may be from the vast majority of people who do not abuse whatever it may be. Concentrate the legal penalties on those whose irresponsibility creates a danger to society at large.

There is a place for laws and law enforcement, punishing everyone for the irresponsible acts of a few is not that place.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its not about the elimination of anything, its about breaking the law and meting out the punishment for breaking the law.
When applied with restitution, it has a tendency to minimize the individuals desires to continue.

Going to jail for free hots and a cot isn't even close to restitution based and pretty much puts the financial penalty at the taxpayer's feet. ALL of it. So yeah, "enforcement" isn't really anything close to it.

Its like feeding and medicating a bunch of illegals who show up breaking the law.....same failure, same idea.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

When (not "if") it becomes legal I'll plant it, grow it, and sell it legally.

I'll leave the leave the arguing to you boys while I drive truckloads of money to the bank.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it becomes legal, the huge agribusiness outfits will be all over it and you can just buy stock. Shortly thereafter, people will be on the Campfire griping about genetically modified weed.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
MJ likely has more value as a non-drug agricultural crop than as a drug.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pal

Wrong.

The reason the War on Drugs failed is that one cannot eliminate something one does not like simply by making a bunch of laws and then throwing a fortune into enforcing them.

I knew a Californian would be along to set us straight.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I am for COMPLETE legalization, by the way.

So am I.
Same.
Pat is the only one who makes sense, nothing is illegal as long as it is regulated.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If it becomes legal, the huge agribusiness outfits will be all over it and you can just buy stock. Shortly thereafter, people will be on the Campfire griping about genetically modified weed.

Probably right, but I might be able to carve out a niche market.

Anyway, unlike grapes, it is easy and quick to grow. I have the perfect climate and soil conditions so why not give it a try?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Of course we don't eliminate all trophy poaching, either, but every poacher pretty much knows the guns and vehicles and any rights to hunting will be part of the bill; every hunter that buys a license or tag isn't footing the bill, the poacher is.

How frigging novel....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[bleep], is it Friday again...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I can't believe anybody would thing that any "good" would come from legalization.

It's not about the good coming from marijuana by legalizing it. It's about stopping the harm being caused by prohibition.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
yep...its friday again

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I can't believe anybody would thing that any "good" would come from legalization.

It's not about the good coming from marijuana by legalizing it. It's about stopping the harm being caused by prohibition.

One would assume there must be more good - or at least less bad- if legalizing makes the logical sense that some would suggest. And that's the crux of the ballot measure in Alaska. They're suggesting that there will be less resources needed to enforce less laws and regs if it is legalized. Yet many people seem to agree that it would do away with the actual number; in fact add even more.

If you try to use the "doing away with harm" argument, we could suggest legalizing meth (so that real Suda-fed will again be available OTC), outlawing sex (since some people cause great harm by it), outlaw guns (since they are used by some to cause harm, etc.)

I have absolutely no use for the stuff and wouldn't do anything to promote it whether it were legal or not. (Nor do I encourage the use of alcohol, though I do enjoy a decent beer from time to time.) But I certainly don't buy the Alaska pot promotions which suggest that legalizing will save money or resources. Quite the contrary. (And when they (Alaska) taxes it hard enough - and you know they will if you pay attention to the tobacco and alcohol taxes we have- the black market will thrive again, just as it is now. The resources that will consume will be much greater than what they are now - by far.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Precisely.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 52 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.