Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A Mexican judge has ordered the immediate release of a jailed U.S. Marine veteran who spent eight months behind bars for crossing the border with loaded guns.

Family spokesman Jonathan Franks told The Associated Press on Friday that the judge decided to release retired Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi (Tah-mor-EE-si).

Franks said the judge released him without making a determination on the charge against him.

The family issued the following statement: "It is with an overwhelming and humbling feeling of relief that we confirm that Andrew was released today after spending 214 days in Mexican Jail."

The 26-year-old Florida man said he got lost on a California freeway ramp that sent him across the border with no way to turn back. His long detention brought calls for his freedom from U.S. politicians, veterans groups and social media campaigns.

In Mexico, possession of weapons restricted for use by the Army is a federal crime, and the country has been tightening up its border checks to stop the flow of US weapons that have been used by drug cartels.

His attorney, Fernando Benitez, says Tahmooressi carries loaded guns with him because his weapons, which were bought legally in the U.S., make him feel safer. He is often distracted, which could have contributed to him becoming lost, Benitez said.

Still, Mexican prosecutors say Tahmooressi broke the law, and they have denied claims by his attorney that he was held for about eight hours without a translator before authorities notified the U.S. Consulate.

But a psychiatrist hired by Mexican prosecutors to examine the Afghanistan veteran agreed with the defense that he should get PTSD treatment in the United States, noting in a Sept. 30 report that Tahmooressi, who now serves in the Marine reserve, feels like he is constantly in danger.

Tahmooressi did not admit wrongdoing, and he still maintains his innocence, his attorney said.

His mother, Jill Tahmooressi, has said her son's time in a Mexican jail has been worse than his two tours in Afghanistan.

Tahmooressi left Florida for San Diego in January to get help after dropping out of college, unable to concentrate or sleep, his mother said.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Without the help of our president he would still be locked up. Sarcasm mode off.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Meskins trying to make 0 look good before the upcoming ejections.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Couldn't help noticing it's just before the election. Wonder if Dems will brag it up in coming days.

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I am all about freedom to own firearms and veterans rights, but if Tahmooressi has trouble concentrating and loses focus enough that he crosses into Mexico by accident and is paranoid then he should absolutely seek out some counseling for PTSD.
I am all for rights and veterans benefits , our government has let these boys down on the backside when they return.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That is great news! I'm sure Zero was working behind the scenes on this one.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They got nothing to brag about & Zero did exactly zero, same for schitthead Kerry.

MM

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I am all about freedom to own firearms and veterans rights, but if Tahmooressi has trouble concentrating and loses focus enough that he crosses into Mexico by accident and is paranoid then he should absolutely seek out some counseling for PTSD.
I am all for rights and veterans benefits , our government has let these boys down on the backside when they return.

That's why he was in SD in the first place, seeking help at the VA for PTSD.

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
About time.
The wasser woman in FL.has already started talking about it.

The bish.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And with no help from the Traitor In Chief!

I'm glad he is finally free.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A Mexican judge has ordered the immediate release of a jailed U.S. Marine veteran who spent eight months behind bars for crossing the border with loaded guns.

"Loaded guns"? This is the first I've heard that they were loaded. Could the AP be trying to hint at something?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree that the timing of this release is very suspicious with election day looming.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well,

You gotta figure that maybe with a Publican dominated Congress, they'd have gotten him released very soon with even more pressure on the Oplumber,

And the Dems weren't going to allow the coup to take place, so they took away the compassionate victory.

I don't see it helping them in the elections in any way. Its more of a "what took you so long, goofs" and an example of their political chicanery.

Welcome home, Sgt. Get yourself healed and readjusted as best as can be.

Last edited by WillARights; 11/01/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see a photo-op for the WH on this one. Hopefully, the old Devil Dog will tell O and Kerry to GFY.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, the last thing I would want if I were trying to get out of a mexican jail would be politicians getting involved.

That would just screw things up.

Money going into the proper pockets is what gets things done.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I see a photo-op for the WH on this one. Hopefully, the old Devil Dog will tell O and Kerry to GFY.

I hope he does too!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"......the country (Mexico) has been tightening up its border checks to stop the flow of US weapons that have been used by drug cartels."

Who wrote this BS? NBC? This perpetuates the bogus claim that 90% of illegal firearms passing into Mexico come from US border gunshops.
The media keeping the lies and distortions alive.

WELCOME HOME,TAHMOORESSI

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jnyork
SAN DIEGO (AP)

Still, Mexican prosecutors say Tahmooressi broke the law, and they have denied claims by his attorney

I wonder how that would fly in Mexico if we enforced our laws the same way they enforce their laws.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not A problem, If a Mexican sneaks across the border our government just exempts then from our laws.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I was kinda hoping that the U.S. would be desperate enough to get Tahmooressi back that we would trade about 11 million of their people in return for him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 1,929 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,459
Posts18,508,193
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.