Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by isaac
During the first week of November, 2016, there will be a GOP candidate and a DNC candidate.

The winner will need 105 million plus votes to be president.

Can we please stop talking about those in the thousands vote range?

Holy chit! that'd be a hell of an illegal/dead people turnout... over 70 million.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing wrong with Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole, Bush, Reagan and so on. Most everyone on this forum supported all of them I would assume.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
Why don't we all just stay home and not vote, that'll show 'em. eek

Oh don't do that! The Republican Party is no different than any other business. If you keep buying their product they will continue to keep changing, but the second you stop buying it they will keep on doing the same thing over and over.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Principle wins no elections. The arrogance of one's principle, while noble, wins no elections either. It could affect them to some extent, admittedly.

The candidate capable of garnering over 100 million votes wins elections.

In our lifetime, principled voters will not affect that reality.

Right there with you Ike. We need someone just like you and me, willing to do anything to get rewarded.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yawn.

Did you respond to my post because everyone else simply ignores you?

Who did you post as on the 24H before this silly sherp charade?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Principle wins no elections. The arrogance of one's principle, while noble, wins no elections either. It could affect them to some extent, admittedly.

I disagree counselor the principled voter who stayed home in
2010 did influence the out come , very much so, just not the out come they wanted. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Why would any principled voter stay home?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
because, unfortunately, kool-aid comes in multiple flavors.

While I admire the stance, I find it odd that this whole "stay home" motif plays out the most during election time.

It's apparent, however, if the other 729 days between elections that people would get their asses out of the home and contribute to their governance, maybe they wouldn't have to demonstrate their frustration with the ultimate in dumbphuckitude aka "staying home on election day"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is it the desperation your home state breeds or do you really believe the people would not back a true conservative?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northcountry

2010 did influence the out come , very much so, just not the out come they wanted. Cheers NC

Both you guys need to get your dates and numbers right.

In the 2012 election Obama got just under 66 million votes and Romney just under 61 million.

That is where the 5 million conservative votes that Romney needed in the closest swing states number comes from.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/01/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Hope those 5+ million "voters" are happy with their decision to stay home.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 11/01/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Counselor I am basically agreeing with you by them staying home they are in fact voting but for the other side.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Is it the desperation your home state breeds or do you really believe the people would not back a true conservative?

I don't believe a majority of American voters would back anybody you would accept as a true conservative.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by northcountry

Both you guys need to get your dates and numbers right.

In the 2012 election Obama got just under 66 million votes and Romney just under 61 million.

That is where the 5 million conservative votes that Romney needed in the closest swing states number comes from.

That and MSM including conservative pundits still use the election day numbers of 57 million for Romney vs 62 million for Bush in 2004.

The reality is Bush got 62 mil, McCain 60 mil and Romney 61 mil. Kerry 59 mil, Obama 70 and 66 mil.

5 or even 3 million republicans didn't stay home. Older folks that are predominately GOP are dying, young folk are predominately liberal, minorities are out breeding us. Overall voting numbers are rising well above pre 2004 numbers and republicans are stagnant.

GOP is shrinking by attrition.

2012... 72% of voters are white nonhispanic... minorities are at 28% with blacks leading with 13, hispanics undervote their demographic.

It's still a white country and the blame goes squarely on that demographic... casting blame elsewhere is drinking from MSM propaganda.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've never stayed home, and I've never voted anything but "R". But I don't know WTF I'd do if 2016 pres nominees were hillary vs cristie. She's more of a conservative republican than he is. Vote for her? Vote for the flaming liberal with the "R" beside his name? Stay home? What would you do?

Last edited by mog75; 11/01/14.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mog75

I've never stayed home, and I've never voted anything but "R". But I don't know WTF I'd do if 2016 pres nominees were hillary vs cristie. She's more of a conservative republican than he is. Vote for her? Vote for the flaming liberal with the "R" beside his name? Stay home? What would you do?

I really don't think we will be faced with that choice. That would one of the worse of the worse scenarios.
But if...

As Governor of a deep blue state, Christie delivered his required balanced budgets and a very mixed bag of tax cuts and state pension reform bills, cutting some government programs;a very mixed message on gun control, illegal immigration and so on...he is now pro-life.

Hillary has never been a Governor.
She would run the government about as well as she did the State Dept...she has always been pro-choice and pro-gun control.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think cristie would make us wish we had obama back in the whitehouse.

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm not here to defend Christie. Don't see how he would win very many Red states.
But I like the idea that he has a set. Not afraid to tell someone to set down and shut up.

We need a Conservative that will do the same.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not gonna drag this thread off topic any further. We've got two years to talk about cristy. He's got a bunch of supporters here on the fire so it WILL come up again. All I'm going to say now is they loved him over on DU until he yelled at that teacher.

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
You are right about Christie. Never saw him as much more that a stalking horse for Jeb.
Same for those who are trying to drag Romney back.

Rand Paul has sort of a set of balls when he is not flip-flopping back and forth.
Ted Cruz has a set and he don't flip for nobody.
Neither does Palin. If any lady can have a set...it is Sarah.

I hope to see them all in the primaries.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1941USMC, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,379
Posts18,506,668
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.