Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Helluva post!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by 4ager
The gun business stopped, finally, because he was told openly that what he was doing was quite likely not legal and could easily land the two of you in very hot water. It would still be going on if several people hadn't laid out to him that if he continued that it was extremely likely that someone was going to call ATF on him and you two would be receiving a knock on the door from some rather unfriendly people who would want to see a lot of things and wouldn't take "no" or any excuse for an answer.

The issue in Oregon may have been in the past, but it's very unlikely that those specific cases were the only time he made unsuitable recommendations or dealt with investments that he did not have an appropriate license to be reviewing or recommending their replacement. A very quick search shows that he never held any securities license. Therefore, every time he reviewed any financial documents with a prospective client that contained stocks, bonds, or mutual funds - including IRAs, 401ks, or 403bs - he was breaking the law. He didn't have the credentials or licenses to review those documents or to make any recommendations about changes in or replacements to those investments. Ask yourself how many times he did this, or ask him. The rules are out there for viewing and they are very clear. I'd suspect that those cases in Oregon were just the ones that had someone file a complaint, and not the only ones in which he broke the rules, knowingly, in order to receive a healthy commission check.

The constant presentation of himself as an "estate planner" (which is a very specific license and qualification, generally requiring an accounting or law background) is yet another example of misrepresentation. He was an insurance agent and worked for one of the worst insurance companies in the nation, one that has a long history of having and training agents that intentionally break insurance regulations and state and federal laws (and rewarding them for those transgressions, until they are caught). He broke those rules and was rewarded for them, and then in Oregon tried to come up with a very poor excuse and defense as to why he did it, or why he shouldn't be punished (it wasn't his fault, the other person wanted to do it, he's sick, he's had a change of heart, wanting to move, he's a good Christian, he's broke, etc.; the same excuses he's used here every time he gets caught ripping someone off).

The ethics involved are the same as when you try to justify taking a shot you shouldn't, ass-shoot a bear, then leave it to suffer all night and finally convince a friend to come out and finish it off (a possible game law violation in Washington). You do all this, and they you brag about it as some kind of Herculean feat, saying that only you and only your oddball wildcat magnum would have been capable of creating that kind of fiasco (which, perhaps, is true). Then, when called on those things, you revert right back to the same excuses (sick, broke, good Christian, etc.) as a rationale.

The drama is what your husband brings on himself and what he seems to live for. The drama is a sickness and chronic case of breaking rules whenever you can see a benefit for yourself, regardless of who or what gets hurt along the way because only you (meaning him) matter and the ends (getting what he wants) always justify any means. When caught, revert back to the "I'm sick; I'm broke; I'm just a poor, good Christian" line of defense. I'd suspect this has been the case for him for many years.

There's no drama here in my post. Those things are fact. You may not like them, but facts they are.

This thread and many others are simply attention whoring by him. Ironbender gave sound advice: he needs to get off the computer, read a book, go fishing, watch TV, do SOMETHING else rather than continue to draw attention to himself. The more attention he draws, the more likely it is that someone will call some very unwanted attention to his dealings (especially regarding the gun business he was running as the statute of limitations on that is quite long).

Sometimes, you just have to know when to put the shovel down and stop digging.

Well said.

+1. But nothing will change.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The world is full of gold diggers, that upon reaching bottom, start digging sideways.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE
The world is full of gold diggers, that upon reaching bottom, start digging sideways.

Ironically, that's called a 'shaft'. smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Like anyone else, in any profession you have A players and C players. Law Enforcement is no different. But..... it is a tough, complex job. Add in adrenlin, stress and healthy dose of fear, coupled with agency regs/policies. Then apply state,county law. Then drive 100MPH to get there, Look out for public, oh and your fellow brothers and sisters, Don't forget to be nice and professional too! Very complex, and why the job is way above many peoples skill set!

Real drama here! Been watching lots of COPS reruns, evidently.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Northcountry. I can't say whether it was broken or not. I have my doubts, simply because most of the noses ive seen broken bled heavily, and even the photos snapped by press very soon after arrest show no signs of a bloody nose. To me it looks like a big nasty rugburn.

To Mirage243

I've seen more than a couple homicide cases that brought numerous agencies out. The most recent Was a husband and wife killed in their own home. It brought not only the majority of depts from our County, but also from across the State border. NYSP brought in tracking dogs to try and pick up a scent. They also sent forensic teams to assist with our SP forensic team to help process the scene. Hell, we even had academy cadets helping to grid search the woods around the home.

Ed is spot on with what he said, but i'll also add that manhunts for cop killers get better ratings so the media covers them more especially in a relatively small town like this one was. So, you see. It isn't that "normal" citizen murders don't draw multiple agencies, they do it's that folks like you just don't see it because it isn't as sensationalized

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gitem,they just had a good cut man waiting in the wings.
That's why not much blood on nose or face. grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
[Linked Image]

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outstanding post.

Yet I fear Ironbender is correct.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hangunnr
[Linked Image]

laugh

For the record, it was only 743 words.

Not 1000.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The reason thoughtful and circumspect people oppose this sort of conduct by the police

I'm thoughtful, and circumspect, but have no problem whatsoever with the way Frein was treated.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just as You expect poloticians to follow the Constitution regarding the 2nd Amendment(Me Too), I expect the police to follow the Constitution no matter the criminal.

Too many folks on the "fire" are too willing to suspend the Constitution when it fits there agenda.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
The situation with the state of Oregon is in the distant past.

The "situation" culminated in action against your husband in 2011, did it not?

"Distant past," indeed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The reason thoughtful and circumspect people oppose this sort of conduct by the police

I'm thoughtful, and circumspect, but have no problem whatsoever with the way Frein was treated.
Then, as far as I'm concerned, you're not.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 9point3
Just as You expect poloticians to follow the Constitution regarding the 2nd Amendment(Me Too), I expect the police to follow the Constitution no matter the criminal.

Too many folks on the "fire" are too willing to suspend the Constitution when it fits there agenda.
You noticed that, did you?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, all I can say is that the opinions you derive about members here is based only on what you read here.

Not reality.

My guess is that the majority of things people post have no more bearing in reality than the veracity of someone who hates the government, but works as a public school teacher.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The pic of Frein that was posted post-arrest, appears to me to be consistent with his head being held down as he was cuffed, or turned away from the Marshal as was stated in TRH's link.

If Frein took a beating, he'd look like it - this ain't it.

I'm sure the Marshals were well aware of what a beating would do to this case. Frein was restrained and got some minor abrasions during the arrest. That's it.

Now, try him and fry him.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The scum bag will have probably 200 Women writing to him in prison wanting to marry him. crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Well, all I can say is that the opinions you derive about members here is based only on what you read here.

Not reality.

My guess is that the majority of things people post have no more bearing in reality than the veracity of someone who hates the government, but works as a public school teacher.
I don't hate the government. I hate tyranny.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.