Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Of getting out of here (Ca.)....gonna be a bunch of yard sales & craigslist postings in the near future, as well as numerous dump runs. It's truly amazing the amount of even little schitt that can accumulate over the years. Anything I haven't used in the past year is heading down the road...

I posted the house for sale yesterday...I think the elections on Tuesday finally inspired me to get off my ass & hit the road...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are you headed MfM?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good decision and best of luck!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Of getting out of here (Ca.)....gonna be a bunch of yard sales & craigslist postings in the near future, as well as numerous dump runs. It's truly amazing the amount of even little schitt that can accumulate over the years. Anything I haven't used in the past year is heading down the road...
I posted the house for sale yesterday...I think the elections on Tuesday finally inspired me to get off my ass & hit the road...

Good for you! When we left Alaska, our policy about what to take was simple; If it didn't feel like Christmas morning when we opened a box at the other end, it wasn't coming with us. Decades of living in one town will mean there's a lot of stuff you don't really need hanging around.

Best wishes for your move! BTW, have you thought about East Texas? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I must have missed a post somewhere. Where are you moving to? and Congrats on getting out of CA.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm going nomadic/gypsy...most of the fall, winter, spring down in Az. scratching around for bits & pieces of gold. (When I feel like it) I'm also interested in looking around in Nevada for opal. I'm not looking at making a living at it, but it's something I enjoy doing. The main reason for getting rid of the house is to lower my cost of living so I can afford to do what I want, when I want & when I get tired/upset of my surroundings, pack up on short notice & head elsewhere. I figure to buy a nice little travel trailer & join the LDMA for free camp spots & a sometimes base camp for when it's needed. I may have to find a spot in a mobile park for a while to establish residency & am still not sure on which state, but Wa. Nv. Az. are all on the probable list. My old mining partner has been doing this for years (14 that I know of) with his wife & wouldn't live any other way.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You know anything about pulling a trailer? It's not like driving a VW. wink grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Congratulations, good for you!
Keepng your Jeep?
Gonna cut loose of any jeep parts? You might have something I can use. smile
Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck brother. I'm sure you'll keep us posted

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
You know anything about pulling a trailer? It's not like driving a VW. wink grin

14 years class A...Sandman...Jeep is already gone & so are all the parts...sorry. I'm gonna rid the house of all furniture, lamps, dishes, pots & pans, clothing, tools etc. etc. gonna just keep the new tv I bought, a bare minimum of kitchen ware, tools, clothes & mining gear. Bare essentials, so when the time comes I can just load & go.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pira114
Good luck brother. I'm sure you'll keep us posted

Yeah, I'll come & go...from what I understand, I can pretty much use a smart phone for the internet instead of lugging around a full size computer...I'm still looking at & thinking about satellite communications...internet & TV...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you should go with a covered wagon. laugh

Sure would like to have seen and lived through some of those days!!

Frankly, I am envious!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you are looking for a middle aged son to adopt let me know.

Good luck!

- Rogue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going nomadic/gypsy...most of the fall, winter, spring down in Az. scratching around for bits & pieces of gold. (When I feel like it) I'm also interested in looking around in Nevada for opal. I'm not looking at making a living at it, but it's something I enjoy doing. The main reason for getting rid of the house is to lower my cost of living so I can afford to do what I want, when I want & when I get tired/upset of my surroundings, pack up on short notice & head elsewhere. I figure to buy a nice little travel trailer & join the LDMA for free camp spots & a sometimes base camp for when it's needed. I may have to find a spot in a mobile park for a while to establish residency & am still not sure on which state, but Wa. Nv. Az. are all on the probable list. My old mining partner has been doing this for years (14 that I know of) with his wife & wouldn't live any other way.

What a fun way to live....quite an adventure! Since you will have cash from the sale of your home, you will be able to get a great deal on travel trailers. I've seen some very nice smaller travel trailers out there. I wonder if you could establish residency with a post office box. It's probably different from state to state. I hope you can get a decent camera for all the places you will see and for the mining activities, etc. If it gets too hot for you in AZ and NV, please come up to WA and hang out for a bit with us! ~Sherri

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

If you are looking for a middle aged son to adopt let me know.

Good luck!

Ha!!! One is enough. I'll be packin my stroked out little brother with me. wink

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eh76
Good decision and best of luck!
Beat me to it..
Sounds like you found Eden...

smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Good Luck I will be on the road come July. Retirement and not have to watch my fellow workers a$$ kiss.

Light will destroy the lies
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

What a fun way to live....quite an adventure! Since you will have cash from the sale of your home, you will be able to get a great deal on travel trailers. I've seen some very nice smaller travel trailers out there. I wonder if you could establish residency with a post office box. It's probably different from state to state. I hope you can get a decent camera for all the places you will see and for the mining activities, etc. If it gets too hot for you in AZ and NV, please come up to WA and hang out for a bit with us! ~Sherri

Lube up!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Swing through Oklahoma. You'll like the people here and the politics are pretty red.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Okies are a good bunch for the most part. My dad was from Bokoshe & I have a few relatives & half sister still in the state. I may go cross country in a couple of years...stop & visit...go check grave sites & pay my respects...no specific plans as of yet & probably won't make any definitive plans on where I'll head until the house is sold. Depending on time of year, it could be anywhere from Washington to Arizona as far east as the Rockies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.