Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
EXCELLENT! laugh

Yeah, your daughter's deer is too big, but she's too young to buy Blantons and bribe the judge, so we can give her some deduct points! grin

Son's deer is a contender wink

Yours doesn't stand a chance....cause the judge will pick either one of theirs first! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But Daddy can bribe in her name...I mean, that is an option, isn't it?

A bribe be a bribe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's all talk, Vic.

Last year I thought I'd made the ultimate bribe offer, to get my son's dink past your white goat.

Bribes don't work.

I offered to let my Son date Ingwe's stepdaughter & was bombarded with a pile of expletives !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Well...the white dink was such a shoe in that anyone would have been able to see through my chicanery had anyone else won.

I don't remember the step daughter thing...I should have just referred your son to the mean one.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by RWE
Short of being all white, that'll be tough to beat.

Love seeing the hard-fought competition unfold.......

IC B2

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
But Daddy can bribe in her name...I mean, that is an option, isn't it?

A bribe be a bribe.

I agree.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
EXCELLENT! laugh

Yeah, your daughter's deer is too big, but she's too young to buy Blantons and bribe the judge, so we can give her some deduct points! grin

Yours doesn't stand a chance....cause the judge will pick either one of theirs first! laugh
Originally Posted by ingwe
EXCELLENT! laugh

ingwe - I don't have a son. Both of those kids are my daughters. smile. The one in the snow is the same deer as my pic with the pistol. The younger daughter can't hunt until next year, she just wanted to help me get him. smile

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Okay...your daughter gets extra points deducted from the score of her giant because the judge made an error in....judgement. blush

This puts her soooo much closer to a win...you are still out in the cold though!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Darn! My butchering process is MUCH slower this year! Both girls want to help, so we started with quartering out last night and taking the heads off. We discovered that the bigger of the two bucks is actually a 5x4 - it has a weird little point coming out of each base, straight forward. Almost buried in fur, but still an inch long. Now I have to wait for them to get home from school to get them started on boning out shoulders... I know this will eventually speed the butchering in future years, but I have to make the time investment now, which is driving me nuts... smile

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
It will pay off in big dividends...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ingwe - I don't have a son. Both of those kids are my daughters.

His judgement may have been temporarily off due to......imbribing...

As long as he doesn't think I'm pretty......that will key us in on the fact that the bribing has gone too far...or he needs a later cut from the still, let the methanol run off first.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can we get a picture of the uber-dink, the epitome of the competition, the never-will-be-topped piebald dinkystein from last year? Or would that depress the Poobah?

Selmer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure.

As it came in. I watched it for quite a while, thinking it was a doe. After I looked with the binocs, I saw it it was a button buck. Actually, I saw it as a smaller bottle of Blanton's, thinking the bribe factor in this one wasn't so important. To save money, I just poured some out of the big bottle I had bought. (hiccup)

[Linked Image]

After quick application of 300 grain WFN via .44 Mag.

[Linked Image]

I did shoot another dink to bring myself back to reality, and to keep my humility and humbleness, well, at least until Saturday, when the season opens again.

[Linked Image]

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is that a piebald or an albino? Against the law to kill an albino here.

No flame on you, just wondering. I have seen exactly 1 piebald deer. It was a doe standing on side of the road 1/4 mile from the camp. Never saw that deer during hunting season.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Against the law?
Don't your coon-azz legislators have any better way to spend tax dollars...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to see that y'all are putting some dinks in the freezer!

Grim season here so far. I've watched deer every evening all year including the day before the season opened.

Haven't seen a bit of deer hair since. Fargin' Bastages.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by selmer

[Linked Image]

Look at the mass on that dink! THAT is a CLEAR violation of dinkcode 27-14, subsection 14-3, paragraph dd 17.

"No dink shall be entered as to resemble a dink at first glance, but when further scrutiny reveals a monster dink, applicant shall be immediately and unequivocally disqualified from said competition forthwith and post haste".

I think the offender should be made to drink Hamms beer until next season as well.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/13/14.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't drink real beer any more. I'm already sentenced to drinking NA beer for the rest of my life... Neurological disease that manifests as ataxia, aka, drunk. Confusing if I'm inebriated or having a myasthenic attack could result in not living until next season. It's not worth it. So be happy that I'm being punished adequately for my iniquities...

Selmer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was told I should enter my hunting buddy's daughter's first deer that she got last weekend. It isn't the smallest deer around, but the antlers are, well, diminutive...

[Linked Image]

Here is her with the deer. She is 13 years old and 5'10":

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy cats! I think that's the biggest button buck I've ever seen! My congratulations to the huntress.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (1minute, 264mag, 204guy, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 222ND, 30 invisible), 14,539 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,955
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.