Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
It wasn't exactly a meeting, but I knocked a lady down at a place called Roppongi Crossing (extremely busy Tokyo intersection) while in a foot chase with two of Tokyo's finest in the early 80s. I was in a terrible hurry, but tried very briefly to apologize to the woman as I kept a-running, and did a double take when I realized I'd just decked Farrah Fawcett. Since I had other fish to fry at the time, I wasn't able to assist in getting her back to her feet or brushing her backside off. I think now I may have made a hasty decision, but fear will do funny things to people.

Did you cop a feel wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I met Sean Connery and Chuck Yeager at the Safari club convention in Reno a few years back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't meet him, but when I was in New Orleans last time I saw James Carville walking down Bourbon St. That guy looks just as creepy in person as he does on TV. Didn't want to meet him. Not surprise to see him as he is from there.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You should have ran over there and sucker punched that AssWipe.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chuck Grassley was at the Court House yesterday. While he was waiting for his ride he was talking and joking with us about the weather and how it was too cold too early. A genuinely decent guy. I have no doubt he will find the strength to rip into the deceitful people who haunt D.C. He is a spry fellow for being 80 years old. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
To enlarge the field a bit.

Which tv personalities would you like to meet? To pop a beer with or share a campfire? Living or dead?

If I can only pick one, I will have to think about that. Maybe Gary Sinise.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My fantasy would be to go on a hog hunt with Bocephus & Kid Rock. I'd even invite them to my Ranch & guide em for free! Don't really care for Kid Rock, but he and Hank jr or big buds and you just KNOW you would here some damn good drunk stories!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The only TV personality I'd really like to meet - and eat with - would be Andrew Zimmern.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have shot rifles with John Burns. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had to go into Gary Moore's house on Hilton Head to check what phase his house was on. Very nice and hospitable. I was putting the tester into an outlet in his kitchen and "felt" a presence, turned around, and about five feet from me were 5 timber wolves staring at me thru the sliding glass doors. They were his pets and he had a 18' solid wall around his back property.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I met Tony Gwynn when i was younger. He was happy to see the stars in my eyes as i stared at my baseball hero. Since nobody else was in line, we talked hitting for a bit, and he even gave me a short lesson. It was AWESOME!

I also got to meet Scott Haugen. Some people here dont seem to like him, but he has a real passion for hunting Blacktail deer in Oregon. It was cool to sit there and talk tactics and rifles with him for a while.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Prez Clinton, Bob Hope!, Michael Jordan, Ahhhnold, Steve Canaly from Dallas, The Silence of the Lambs guy who got his face eaten off by Hanibal (took him quail hunting), Nugent (very very nice guy, not at all like his TV persona), Hank Williams Jr, buncha pro baseball players (Family friend that grew up across the street and goes to our church just got his 3rd WS ring), Luke Bryan is a good friend, buncha hunting show personalities (most very nice, a few think they give advice to Jesus).

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've met a few Tom Selleck is a very nice guy. Met Rosie Grier when I was a kid.

Made a traffic stop on Ernie Irvin for running a stop sign in a shopping mall while he was in the area for race weekend. He was a nice guy apologized for running the stop sign and said his wife was in shopping and he wanted nothing to do with the inside of the mall. I've known Bob Foulkrod all of my life. i can take him or leave him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive met a bunch of them over the years...the biggest dick by far was Arnold Scwarzanegger ( sp?) the nicest by far was someone who didn't have to be( as mentioned by previous poster)....Red Skelton.

Tom, how did you meet Red? I've read he was great guy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

a few think they give advice to Jesus, quote

Got several on this site that think the same.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
only ones i can think of are Maury Povich and Connie Chung cause they own a paper here in Montana and came to a night of Press Convention one year.....was not to terribly impressed....they werent arseholes but not hard to tell they were forcing themselves to be there....

Last edited by rattler; 11/16/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Prez Clinton, Bob Hope!, Michael Jordan, Ahhhnold, Steve Canaly from Dallas, The Silence of the Lambs guy who got his face eaten off by Hanibal (took him quail hunting), Nugent (very very nice guy, not at all like his TV persona), Hank Williams Jr, buncha pro baseball players (Family friend that grew up across the street and goes to our church just got his 3rd WS ring), Luke Bryan is a good friend, buncha hunting show personalities (most very nice, a few think they give advice to Jesus).

Just have to save that last line.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
It wasn't exactly a meeting, but I knocked a lady down at a place called Roppongi Crossing (extremely busy Tokyo intersection) while in a foot chase with two of Tokyo's finest in the early 80s. I was in a terrible hurry, but tried very briefly to apologize to the woman as I kept a-running, and did a double take when I realized I'd just decked Farrah Fawcett. Since I had other fish to fry at the time, I wasn't able to assist in getting her back to her feet or brushing her backside off. I think now I may have made a hasty decision, but fear will do funny things to people.

The foolishness of youth - not weighing "the bird in the hand" against an oncoming slight inconvenience.. grin

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive met a bunch of them over the years...the biggest dick by far was Arnold Scwarzanegger ( sp?) the nicest by far was someone who didn't have to be( as mentioned by previous poster)....Red Skelton.

Tom, how did you meet Red? I've read he was great guy!

I was working in a sports store back in the day and he came in to buy a jogging suit. ( remember those?) grin
A real gentleman. No one knew he was there for quite some time and we talked a bit...then somebody found out and he got mobbed. He was as gracious with the mob as he was with an individual.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jackie Gleason, Lee Marvin, Farrah Fawcett and even Jay Silverheels (Tonto from the Lone Ranger TV series) have all met me.

Each one considered it one of the highlights of their lives.... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,147 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,721
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.