-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Met Jim Neighbors in the early 1960s at a Holiday Inn breakfast shop on I-35 some where in Oklahoma. Met the Happy Days crew in Italy in the 1980s (Marion Ross, Erin Moran, Anson Williams.) Sat next to Marion Ross on a C-130 and she verbally raped me, whispering in my ear the entire flight. (she would have been around 55 at the time.)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 10 years ago I sold Cliff Claven two ribeye steaks...

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I met Travis Deflave a few years back, but failed to get an autograph.

It was exciting.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Now that you mention it, I got drunk with Cale Yarborough one night....

In college, I got drunk with Jack Daniels one night...

and then Johnnie Walker another time...

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Iv Met most of the Big time wrestlers, from the 80s-90s sports players as I worked for a Airline then! In a dive bar hit Leon Spinks the boxer with a bathroom door! said I was sorry, he said hed been hit alot harder and bought me a beer! Best was Meeting Fred Bear at the 1987 shot show! got to talk to him in his office inside the Bear Archery display for about 45 mins he wanted to hear about the deer and turkeys in Michigan, A group came in and took photos, had me sign a release, was told they send me pics of mr. Bear and I, never got them sure wich I had them today!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I met a unknown hot young woman in a strip club one night.

P.S. She was very touchy, feely but a horrible tipper. I felt used.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wageslave

I met a unknown hot young woman in a strip club one night.

P.S. She was very touchy, feely but a horrible tipper. I felt used.

Don't forget The Bridge phoucer.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was used at the Bridge.

I loved it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two more I can recall - and they were very different people.

One was Latrelle Sprewell, the NBA star. For some odd reason he learned that a piece of furniture he had was partly made at our plant in the Bay Area. He was playing at Golden State at the time, and dropped by for a visit, along with his business advisor, a short Asian guy. I guess they were looking for investments for him. He had little comprehension of what he was seeing, but I did give him a plant tour, and he met the office staff and some of the guys in the plant. One of our guys in the shop walked up to him, and asked "do you play basketball?" which had the other guys trying not to laugh. He was a fairly quiet guy, and seemed nice enough.

A couple weeks later, he became notorious for choking his coach, and getting kicked off the team. I searched his bio to see where he ended up, and it looks like he burned through all his money and went penniless. Guess he was just an idiot.

A few years later I rode on a plane into Nashville sitting next to Rebecca - no, not Becky Creek - Rebecca St. James, the Christan Rock singer, winner of a Grammy award. I had no clue who she was, other than I could tell she was with her band. I chatted a little with her, and she was polite, though annoyed I didn't know her grin One of my coworkers was also on the plane, knew who she was, and was really bummed he didn't get to sit next to her. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I have met Sandra Bullock, Matthew Mcounagay, the guy that had the lead role in MASH, Thomas Church, Cindy Crawford, and some athletes.

Every one of them seemed excited to meet me.

Travis

Don't you mean agitated?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I met Travis Deflave a few years back, but failed to get an autograph.

It was exciting.

For you or Travis? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I watched SportsCenter kicked back in a couple of lay-z-boys with Ed King of Lynyrd Skynryd in a cigar shop in Nashville. grin

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I met Motley Crue about 7 years ago, didnt know who they were until one of my co-workers recognized them. Tommy Lee looked like someone you wouldnt want to mess with. Also dated a girl who was in a Jim Carrey movie, she filmed for weeks and was only in the movie for about 5 seconds. A friend of mine's sister dated Rod Carew for a short time when she lived in Panama.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that you mention it, I got drunk with Cale Yarborough one night....

While he was racing and you were on the couch watching, doesn't qualify...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sold a snare drum to Bun E Carlos from Cheap Trick.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm ashamed to post this, but today I had dilemma of epic proportions.

I've been a butcher all of my adult life.
I've held conservative values all of that time as well, being an avid hunter, shooter and gun owner.

Among the strongest of my beliefs is my work ethic, my job has always been a priority in my life, my job keeps a roof over my head and food on my table, it allows me to hunt, fish and for my family to prosper.
Today at about 1:30 pm pacific time, I was tested.

Being close to Thanksgiving, those of us in the meat industry are overwhelmed, turkeys, hams, prime ribs and crabs, we have our hands full.

Well, I'm bent over on the sales floor today looking into my meat counter, when over my shoulder I hear a scratchy woman's voice asking for help.

I spin around and I'm literally in shock.
Standing right there in front of me, looking me in the eye is Nancy _ F * c k i n g_ Pelosi, yeah that one. shocked

I feel the blood pressure rising and a million thoughts run through my head.....

I took a big swallow, realized how much depends on my job and directed her to another employee that might be able to help her.

I would have certainly been fired by the politically correct company that I work for had I spoke my mind and feel a bit neutered right now.

Have mercy on my soul.... blush

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Please tell me you stuck your pecker in her thanksgiving turkey when you took it back to wrap it for her. If you didn't you aren't my hero.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I would sorta hope it was full of stuffing out of the backed up toilet....

but then on the other side, I could believe she'd never notice...

my condolences Salmonella...

Waited on Tip O'Neill back in college, tending bar for my GF's Dad, at his family Christmas Party... he was Superintendent of Public Schools in Cambridge Mass...John Caulfield.. there was a chapter about him in Tom Brokaw's Book "The Greatest Generation"...

I looked at him and stuttered " You're Tip O'Neill...."

He stuck out his hand to shake mine and said " I know who I am, who are you? By the Way, May I have a Gin and Tonic?"

My GF cuddles up next to him and hugs him and says " Hi Uncle Tip.. oh this is my BF..."

Tip O'Neill was a much nicer person than Nancy Pelosi I'd bet..

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Tom Selleck.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ted Nugent. Jerry Blair. Monte Dodson.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 58 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,149
Posts18,502,810
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.