Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Seems like this forum used to set a new "Max on Line" record at least once a year. It's been over four years now since the last "Max on line" record for the number of members logged on to the 24 Hour Campfire at the same time was set.
At that time (10-5-10) there were about 31,700 (+/-) registered members.
You'd think with gaining another almost 20,000 additional members over the past four years there would've been at least one more recent "Max on Line" record set, especially when you take into account all the new high tech wireless gizmos in use nowadays that allow for internet access from almost anywhere at anytime.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I've quit even attempting to use this site on my phone. I can't open a page without getting redirected.

And please do tell me all about how it's my fault that only one site in the whole interwebs is a problem.

yes cause im sure you hit every website out there...quite likely its your ISP causing the problems and if thats the case your pretty well SOL cause getting them off their arse and change settings on their end is a hell of alot more difficult than switching browsers.....had problems with a buddy's forum like i said for the better part of 6 months before my local provider started doing what they were supposed to...

This is the same problem I have. For the several sites I browse, only this onue gives me issues with redirects to the app store.

I have a Iphone 6 with Ios 8, both Safari and Chrome have this issue.

Ad block for iOS 3.99 on the apple store. It works, no more redirects.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

great someone bought a new computer and its not working, half the chit loaded on machines running Windows is chit, IE hasnt been a good internet browser for over a decade, McAfee(which always comes with the Dell's i buy) has been bloated and near worthless for even longer than IE has been out of whack....and just cause you buy a Mac doesnt mean your our of the woods cause you still have to deal with surfing through over a dozen other languages in common use on the internet that they have no control over......

What are you, stuck in your mother's basement with a toy box full of Power Rangers and a half a can of Vienna Sausages? In the real world, when you buy a new computer with no viruses or problems and you turn on the Campfire and within 10 minutes it is slowing down and the arrow keeps spinning, there is something wrong with the site. I can open a tab on another site and it is slowed down as well. Close the campfire and problem solved.

This site has problems and I don't care how many others do, this one needs fixed...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
Just downloaded Mercury with Ad Block for free from the app store. Iphone is running fine now.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the real world, when you buy a new computer with no viruses or problems and you turn on the Campfire and within 10 minutes it is slowing down and the arrow keeps spinning, there is something wrong with the site.

Or maybe some settings on the computer. I know little about computers, but seem to get along fine here. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

What are you, stuck in your mother's basement with a toy box full of Power Rangers and a half a can of Vienna Sausages? In the real world, when you buy a new computer with no viruses or problems and you turn on the Campfire and within 10 minutes it is slowing down and the arrow keeps spinning, there is something wrong with the site. I can open a tab on another site and it is slowed down as well. Close the campfire and problem solved.

This site has problems and I don't care how many others do, this one needs fixed...

I took this computer out of the box on Wednesday with Windows 7 installed. I installed Ubuntu in a duel boot configuration. I can start in windows or in Ubuntu. I have tried everything I cn to get the Campfire to mess up but cannot get it do do anything to run smoothly.

I use Firefox two two addons, Adblock Edge and Ghostery. I cannot fins a problem. I would think if it was the Campfire then we all would have the problem. I would like to know why some do and some do not.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

great someone bought a new computer and its not working, half the chit loaded on machines running Windows is chit, IE hasnt been a good internet browser for over a decade, McAfee(which always comes with the Dell's i buy) has been bloated and near worthless for even longer than IE has been out of whack....and just cause you buy a Mac doesnt mean your our of the woods cause you still have to deal with surfing through over a dozen other languages in common use on the internet that they have no control over......

Welcome to the fire!!!!! laugh

Swifty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This is the slowest site I log onto and get kicked out of. There is something wrong of late and hope Rick is looking into it.
Maybe the NSA is downloading all the ISP locations pre-Fergtown debacle.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I've quit even attempting to use this site on my phone. I can't open a page without getting redirected.

And please do tell me all about how it's my fault that only one site in the whole interwebs is a problem.

That's the whole point about how screwed up this site is. Nobody has an answer that this is the ONLY site that is giving us a lot of problems.No need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this site is the problem. .02

On the work computer I am on now, this is the only site I have any problems with.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the work computer I am on now, this is the only site I have any problems with.

I can't speak to your work computer, but before I retired, my work computer had been changed up until nothing worked correctly. They were so afraid that a person would play a game on it that they deleted a lot of stuff, some of which the computer really needed. I was on the road and had a laptop and if I did not hook up to the main office computer to get updates monthly, it would crash. That meant a special trip to the office just to keep my computer running, every month. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had the problems with this site others report I would have been long gone. It is a testament to the value of the content here that they continue to log on here.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only have problems, with this site on this computer.

At home, I am running mozilla or whatever it is called. NO problems there.

This site, and only this site, constantly gives problems on this computer. I was just on traditional muzzleloader, GB, Ebay, a car forum and this is the only one here that causes problems. I only tolerate it because I like this site and I am on duty for 12 hours waiting on a radio call, so I need something to occupy my time. It does wear on my patience tho.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Have had continual problems with this site to the point I only log on using my IPad. I won't infect my own or my work computer. Only recently bought AdBlock which seems to help, but until that time, it was slow, would log me off, and was a total PIA.

As someone said, if not for the content and great members, I would have moved on a long time ago.

Last edited by Akbob5; 11/18/14.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Adblock is free. Where did you buy it?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had the problems with this site others report I would have been long gone. It is a testament to the value of the content here that they continue to log on here.

LOL

It's more like a train wreck where you just have to keep looking.

As to "content" that's gone downhill over the last few years too, although it's bearable if you put enough folks on ignore

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Adblock is free. Where did you buy it?
Scott,

I got it off the Apple a App Store. Trial version was free, but it quickly ran out and I had to buy the "Pro" version. Bastards!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a script running here I assume on an ad. If you leave the browser open even after you load the page it will continue to run and you are downloading something from this site. I can see the data on my monitor when open only on this site. You continue to download data forever till you load a new page or close the broswer.

That's why it's slow for a lot of people. I assume if you adblock it then solves the problem.

I run a continuous ping monitor which pings a known site to give my ping. Normally I run in the low 60s for ping which is a measure of the latency from your computer to the site it's pinging. If I leave the campfire open after it loads a page my ping goes to 700ms to 999ms because of whatever is downloading in the background. Maybe it's just resending the same ad over and over. I dunno.

However people shouldn't have to use adblock to use the site. Also since Rick makes his money here via ads it seems counterproductive.

If you let the script run long enough like having the page opened forever you will eventually get an unresponsive script error depending on your browser.

Last edited by NathanL; 11/19/14.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have to have a bunch of computer voodoo programs running and installed to get ANY other website to work properly.

Obviously there is a problem HERE.

And no, I'm not gonna fiddle fuuck around and add/use the latest and greatest program every other week just to get access this place.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Over here this site hiccups frequently. To the point I'm surprised when it doesn't. Others rarely.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,556
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.