Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How many on this forum have lost or had their Health Insurance double because of the Affordable Health Care Act known as Obama Care?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
double? no.

>15% though. (with higher co pay and deductibles)

My prozac cost 20% more.

Last edited by RWE; 11/19/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My premium hasn't doubled, but my deductibles have gone up 1000%.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bea175
How many on this forum have lost or had their Health Insurance or had it double because of the Affordable Health Care Act known as Obama Care?

My wife will lose her company provided insurance next year, her premiums have doubled this year. My premiums have gone up 30% this year.

No insurance company wants to get rid of Obamacare at the moment. They are making record profits .

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
One here.

We were able to find a reasonable monthly premium plan with a $10K deductible, but that premium will almost triple after Jan 1.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Premium slightly more than doubled, deductible is the same.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Deductibles tripling is where they are now robbing people under this health care law.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Premium tripled- deductible doubled!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did not lose insurance nor did premium double, however all insurance benefits have increased by varying percentages.

Second whammy is the actual cost of healthcare. Office visits, lab work, etc. has increased.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine hasn't changed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't know yet.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Mine has not went up since O'care went into effect, but our plan had to be REDUCED and we receive less benefits in order to comply with O'care.

Prior to the implementation of the law however my premiums went up by 15% for four years straight in anticipation of the law. I now pay $522 per month and my company picks up 2/3rds of the cost of the plan.

IOW I am still waiting on my $2,500 per year savings.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm 58 and live in wisconsin. Some of my inherited genetics from my dad are kicking in giving me some pre existing conditions that would make it almost impossible to shop for insurance. 2 years ago before obamacare kicked in my existing insurance had a flat $3000 deductable with no copays. But I could contribute $4000 yearly to a tax deductable hsa.
This cost me $535/year.
Last year I went through the exchange. I was able to pick from 73 plans that had varying dedcutables and copays. Theres a ton of flexibility there depending on what you think your health will dictate for doctoring needs.
Bottom line is last year the exact same plan I had was available but it now cost $675.
I see now it will be $795 for 2015 but I will be going with it again.
I'm sure having to insure everyone drove things up. But I will also add that hospitals around here are still spending money like water. This spring my wife had a 3 day stay at the hospital. Hardly any rooms were being used. Yet the big network they belong too decided we needed a multi million dollar expansion for a "birthing center". Along with it is a fancy coffe shop and all kinds of "non efficent" image crap. They make these places into 5 star hotels nowadays. I mean...how about having your baby in hospital room....people still have em in taxi cabs for crying out loud.
All around us hospital construction is flying like crazy....billboards advertising this hospital and that as you go into the bigger towns. People seem to be buying ea other out and charging what they want. A good start might be getting big drug and hospital lobby money out of washington and having congress start looking at "uniforming" rates in a fair/balanced way. Good luck with that though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My wife's the major insurance carrier in this household. So far, premium only jumped a few % points.. ONLY because she works for a very, very large consortium of health care providers..

So far..

Originally Posted by kraky111
I'm 58 and live in wisconsin.
Oh swell - hopefully in the extreme SE corner with the rest of the libbies.. smile
Some of my inherited genetics from my dad are kicking in giving me some pre existing conditions that would make it almost impossible to shop for insurance. 2 years ago before obamacare kicked in my existing insurance had a flat $3000 deductable with no copays. But I could contribute $4000 yearly to a tax deductable hsa.
This cost me $535/year.
Last year I went through the exchange. I was able to pick from 73 plans that had varying dedcutables and copays. Theres a ton of flexibility there depending on what you think your health will dictate for doctoring needs.
Bottom line is last year the exact same plan I had was available but it now cost $675.
I see now it will be $795 for 2015 but I will be going with it again.
I'm sure having to insure everyone drove things up. But I will also add that hospitals around here are still spending money like water. This spring my wife had a 3 day stay at the hospital. Hardly any rooms were being used. Yet the big network they belong too decided we needed a multi million dollar expansion for a "birthing center". Along with it is a fancy coffe shop and all kinds of "non efficent" image crap. They make these places into 5 star hotels nowadays. I mean...how about having your baby in hospital room....people still have em in taxi cabs for crying out loud.
All around us hospital construction is flying like crazy....billboards advertising this hospital and that as you go into the bigger towns. People seem to be buying ea other out and charging what they want. A good start might be getting big drug and hospital lobby money out of washington and having congress start looking at "uniforming" rates in a fair/balanced way. Good luck with that though.
On the rest of the above, I have to agree with ya..

In our little burg they're now starting to move dirt on a huge new hospital; along with a senior living community and nursing home. Some of that money has GOTTA be outta the feds and the state...because no way can they do it on their own - since this hospital has been having financial issues anyway and some patients are going to the Hudson area due to THEIR huge expansion and (most say) better doctors.. We're all just scratchin' our heads here wondering why in the heck we seem to "need" a new/bigger hospital..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
None of this makes any difference. Single payer is eventually coming. Thanks to all you stupid Americans - the Liar.

[Linked Image]

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remember how it was a good thing that parents could keep their kids on their policy until age 26? Pretty useless benefit, if you ask me. I have a friend who lives in a rural area in northwest PA. His daughter works at a job in Philadelphia (southeast PA) that does not provide health insurance. So she is on her parents' insurance, and her parents live 6 hours, 330 miles away.

When she needs medical services, she has to travel that distance to stay in the network of her parents' policy. Whether by car or by airplane, it's a major time commitment and a significant extra expense.

This network thing was one of the main things a national healthcare plan should have addressed. But no. Your "national" health care policy covers you only in a limited geographic area. Everything thought, "Hey, covering your kids up to age 26 -- that's a good thing." Not so much when you realize what it means. And my friend can't be unique. How many people, between finishing college and age 26 live in the same geographic area as their parents? A good many don't.

Thanks, 0bama.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I signed my family up last year for a better policy than the one we had through blue cross. We received no subsidies, but being self-insured, we did get a much better deal though the exchange. This year our premium will go up about $110 if we stick with the same plane. This is approximately a 9-10% increase. For as long as my wife and I can remember we were getting hit with 15-20% before that.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lost the HMO plan because of O'Care

if you add in deductible that I have to meet along with the increases from past 2 years in monthly premium that I am responsible for then yea, its doubled on me.

What I am pissed most about is I am financially incentivised, as long as I am reasonably healthy, to not get regular checkups/follow ups and to wait until I or someone I love is seriously sick so that we'll have to meet the deductible and have decent insurance coverage after that - kind of a "get it while you can" situation where you hope its in February so you get good health care coverage the rest of the year.

I know that doesn't make sense but if you have a high dollar deductible - regardless of what health insurance Obamacare mandates you get as part of the insurance policy - you are still paying for it out of your own pocket year after year.

All Obamacare is -for those of us that work - is converting what used to be good insurance into the catastrophic plans that college gets used to pick up on the cheap.

Honestly, I'm not sure why people aren't in Washington with torches and pitchforks pissed about this thing.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/19/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I will lose my insurance when the "Caddilac tax" goes into effect. Neither myself or my employer can afford the tax. $50.00 a week for the employee portion and $150.00 per week per employee for the company. That is just the tax .

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The company that I work for offered a "wellness" program. It pays for check ups and screenings, but no treatments. So in our opinion it really isnt insurance.

So my wife carries the family plan for our household. Last week she listened to a web-n-nar as she called it. It claimed that if you don't also take your spouses plan you can be accessed a 50 dollar fee, I didn't ask if it was a one time thing or monthly.

She said she talk to a co-worker that has been paying the "fee" sence last year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,330
Posts18,487,557
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.