-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally have the cost of my health care for 2015. It is 600.00 a month. For 2014 it was 230.00 a month. So an increase in 370.00 a month. But the deductibles have also went up to 6000.00 for 2015. So not quiet tripled but pretty close to it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We lost ours because it was not up to Ocare standards. I was able to get on my wife's. Our premium increases $80 a month next year and the deductible doubles. Every SOB that voted for it should be tared and feathered!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
As bad as all these stories are, they will pale in comparison to how the healthcare industry and availability of care will decline in the coming years. This is zero's best stab at relegating the US to third world status.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Insurance changed hands at work as a result of O-care. Premiums went up 10% while the deductible doubled.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Neither for me.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
As far as I can tell, Obamacare is just catastrophic health insurance. I don't think anyone, even the supporters, realized this is what they were going to get.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dream one day of a firing squad for this entire administration.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by postoak
As far as I can tell, Obamacare is just catastrophic health insurance. I don't think anyone, even the supporters, realized this is what they were going to get.
Very expensive catastrophic health insurance.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
How many on this forum have lost or had their Health Insurance double because of the Affordable Health Care Act known as Obama Care?

Not a whole lot has changed. Before Obamacare, every year I pay more money for less coverage.

After Obamacare...I pay more money for less coverage.

The only thing Obamacare did, was slow down the coverage benefits I was losing, and significantly speed up the increase in cost each year (for less coverage).

So I still maintain, our healthcare system was failing before, and it's just failing faster now; that's the only real change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by postoak
Yep, and the HMO's are milking us all the way to the bank.

Watch were the money comes in defense of Obamacare in this SCOTUS fight coming up, it will come from the HMO's...be sure to come back and tell me I was wrong when it's all over. I'm betting I won't be wrong on this one.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
just wait till it rolls out again next year and affects the larger companys of 50 and more..........ours went up 77% with deductibles doubling easily this year........by the time you pay for the increase and meet the deductible having insurance will be the least of your worries trying to keep your house and out of bankruptcy will take precedent then

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd be interested in hearing from other people in Arizona. What people are saying in this forum indicates that there is a big difference between what is going on in AZ and other states.

Here, the ACA is nothing more than a web cite where you go to shop different health insurance plans. Like gunbroker for health insurance. Don't like the premiums/deductible/max out of pocket get a different health insurance plan. For the people who DON'T qualify for subsidies there are PPOs, HMOs, etc. (For all I know the people who do qualify for subsidies have the same options that I see).

We have four kids so we opted for a PPO that will run the family about $1,369.02 this year. This policy is with $15 co-pays, 750 per person/1,500 family deductible and a $2,500 max out of pocket. (Plan is called: Health net PPO platinum with 15/30/750 with pediatric dental).

I don't qualify for any assistance, so I suppose people that do may be directed to a different location where they are treated differently.

My brother and friends work for a private company in Tucson. They were concerned that the ACA would either cause considerable increases to their premiums, reduce their coverage or otherwise screw them out of their insurance/money. It hasn't.

Haven't met anyone in Arizona who has seen the catastrophic effects on their insurance I read about on the web. Then again, Arizona's conservative government did come out in favor of taking the funds related to ACA. Maybe Arizona got thrown a political bone. Seems unlikely the way she was shoving her finger in his face, but you never know with politics.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that 1369 is per month?

I have trouble believing a $15 co pay, $2500 family deductible plan exists for $1400 a year without subsidies.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/19/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. Self-employed. Me, my wife and four kids. Covers the kids dental but not my wife or I.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KFWA,
The funny part is that when I posted about signing up last year no one could believe my premiums where that high! (They are going up approx. $110, or 9.5%).

I put the name of the plan in the post so people could look do some research before calling my integrity into question. The plan is called: "Health net PPO platinum with 15/30/750 with pediatric dental."

Rep.Mitchell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
that 1369 is per month?

I have trouble believing a $15 co pay, $2500 family deductible plan exists for $1400 a year without subsidies.
I have a $15.00 copay, $1000 family deductible, 20% coinsurance BCBS plan that costs $1075/mo. My employer covers about $791 of that. So, for a year it will cost me a little under $3410. In this day and age, I believe that's a pretty good plan for a 61 year old. wink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
our rates are up about 20% from before,and are going up another 12% after the 1st.
Before we had a Cadilac of a plan which was no longer available to people.
Now we have 12,700.00 max out of pocket/$2000.00 deductible ea.
30.00 co-pay.
but WTH I'm covered if I get pregnant...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My premium hasn't doubled, but my deductibles have gone up 1000%.

This

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The company I retired from pays half the health insurance for my wife and I. My half is now a bit over $800/month, no dental or vision. That's double what it was the year before. My doctor suggested I drop the group plan and just carry catastrophic coverage, pay the rest out of pocket like he does. Insurance agent said I could not do that, because I was eligible for a group plan. Next year I go on Medicare, but my wife can't - and she can't be covered by my current group plan, so we have to go hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A lady I knew who was on state aid was dropped and told to change over to 0 care. She was unable to get 0 care partly because of enrollment issues and other stuff I can't recall at the moment. The meds she was getting were expensive even though she worked full time at fast food. She stopped taking the meds as a result of 0 care that she had originally got on state aid. She had a stroke and died in her sleep. She was 46 years of age. It is a sobering reminder that this law does "kill".

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.