-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks. The least a man can do is share his mistakes so somebody else won't make them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Scott, there is something about the feel of a Kimber super carry inside the belt. If I lived where you do, it would be a real option.

But alas....I live amongst the mobs, so it's high capacity with extra mags for me....

I spent 2/3 of my life in New Orleans, including during the crack wars and during years with the highest murder rate in the country for many years running. I have never seen a mob hold ranks and close on the shooter once the gunfire started. The mob running away in 360 directions like points on a compass was usually more dangerous than the actual gunfire, although a couple or three unlucky ones may get hit. A two shot derringer could turn any mob that I have actually witnessed reacting to shots actually being fired. Even my friends and family who stupidly bugged in during Katrina never had to fire a shot to make people go away. Now, the guy on crack who wants to die and comes at you with a knife is going to need a CNS shutdown, so the capacity to do that plus movement, etc., are important. I have never even heard of multiples of those at the same time with the same death threat like the mythical zombie apocalypse. Unless you made the Hell�s Angels or some drug cartel mad at you, the chances of any CCW person dealing with multiple people who want to stay and fight after the CCW guys starts shooting is so minute as to not even waste brain cells over.

All things being equal, I can see going with the capacity. But, almost everything in life is a trade off of one kind or another, so, I would go with the preferred platform, and capacity is the extra gravy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
You just opened a new can of worms. What is the best dress for concealed carry? Jeans, cowboy boots and snap shirt over a tuckable holster? Shorts, tank top, and tennis shoes, with a belly band holster? Or worst of all, sick sick sick a business suit with shirt and tie, wingtips and a shoulder holster eek crazy eek ?

Knee length wool winter coat. The 16 shot 90mm fits under it nicely.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by erickg
Originally Posted by MColeman
You need 16 rounds if you plan on missing a lot. I carry a .45 with 7+1 myself. I'd bet money I can hit a man at 50 yards easily, much less at 7.

I disagree, plenty examples of mob violence occurring in recent years. Not outside the realm to possibly find yourself in the middle of a large [bleep] out these days, and there's no such thing as too many bullets there.

Two things never asked for by a person after being in a gunfight, a smaller gun and less bullets..........

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pmr-30/pistol/

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Scott, there is something about the feel of a Kimber super carry inside the belt. If I lived where you do, it would be a real option.

But alas....I live amongst the mobs, so it's high capacity with extra mags for me....

I spent 2/3 of my life in New Orleans, including during the crack wars and during years with the highest murder rate in the country for many years running. I have never seen a mob hold ranks and close on the shooter once the gunfire started. The mob running away in 360 directions like points on a compass was usually more dangerous than the actual gunfire, although a couple or three unlucky ones may get hit. A two shot derringer could turn any mob that I have actually witnessed reacting to shots actually being fired. Even my friends and family who stupidly bugged in during Katrina never had to fire a shot to make people go away. Now, the guy on crack who wants to die and comes at you with a knife is going to need a CNS shutdown, so the capacity to do that plus movement, etc., are important. I have never even heard of multiples of those at the same time with the same death threat like the mythical zombie apocalypse. Unless you made the Hell�s Angels or some drug cartel mad at you, the chances of any CCW person dealing with multiple people who want to stay and fight after the CCW guys starts shooting is so minute as to not even waste brain cells over.

All things being equal, I can see going with the capacity. But, almost everything in life is a trade off of one kind or another, so, I would go with the preferred platform, and capacity is the extra gravy.

Cops picked 15 shell casing from the neighbors lawn a while back. On another morning I counted over 30 evidence markers, mostly shell casing in a near by cul-de-sac.

I don't know the full details of either, but neither was a "two shot" affair, and I would of certainly wanted more then a derringer if one the receiving end of that wrath.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Thanks. The least a man can do is share his mistakes so somebody else won't make them.

Sad fact is that most people refuse to learn from mistakes made by others.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Cops picked 15 shell casing from the neighbors lawn a while back. On another morning I counted over 30 evidence markers, mostly shell casing in a near by cul-de-sac.

I don't know the full details of either, but neither was a "two shot" affair, and I would of certainly wanted more then a derringer if one the receiving end of that wrath.

I (for one) appreciate you telling us that. It helps me understand "where you come from". I don't live there, but I did...for thirty years. But, I've worked "there" for 32 so it helps me relate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

And please know it's deeply appreciated. Most of us can do a yoeman's job of taking care of ourselves, but that doesn't mean there isn't plenty room to learn!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You just opened a new can of worms. What is the best dress for concealed carry? Jeans, cowboy boots and snap shirt over a tuckable holster? Shorts, tank top, and tennis shoes, with a belly band holster? Or worst of all, sick sick sick a business suit with shirt and tie, wingtips and a shoulder holster eek crazy eek ?

I like it!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I like it!

I carry mine in my thong. They can't tell the difference.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
eek sick crazy

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Me too.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You wouldn't happen to live in Aurora, would you?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh no!!! What have I started!

But thinking about carry, not thongs but real carry, what would be wrong with a derringer in 270 Ren. For those who don't know what it is look it up.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I like it!

I carry mine in my thong. They can't tell the difference.

Thanks for clarifying that your preferred carry gun is a micro derringer. ;-)

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
Me too.

Oh, good Lord. Poobah's back with his thong. Hide the wimmins and chilluns...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I (for one) appreciate you telling us that. It helps me understand "where you come from". I don't live there, but I did...for thirty years. But, I've worked "there" for 32 so it helps me relate.

LT, thanks for understanding. It was never my intention to live "there". 15 years ago myself and my then girlfriend, now wife, built a nice new house on the outskirts of the Metro area in a diverse, but working class neighborhood. It was all new construction, so that kept out the riff raff. After the economy and housing market crashed, many of my regular Joe working class neighbors lost their homes. They were bought up by investors who then rented them out section 8. Since then there's been some "interesting occurrences" in our area, more interesting then I like.

Needless to say we are house shopping, my wife can't wait until we are able to move to a less exciting neighborhood. We are looking real hard at southern Weld County.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/20/14.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Once flew with a fella that got his ass shot down one day and was ejected on impact. He awakened face down in the dirt with his right forearm under his chest, hand on the butt of his issue S&W .38 revolver. It was loaded with FMJ ball ammo.

He was getting poked in the backside by bayonets amidst hysterical Vietnamese laughter and made a choice based on the premise that he was not going to wind up as a POW. He rolled over onto his back and shot all three of them before they could react in meaningful fashion. He said all shots were center of mass in the torso, double action. Uncle Ho's heroes did not move after they hit the ground he said.

He and his gunner were extracted a few minutes later after a call to "higher" authorities on his EMRG radio.

If you see him soon, please let him know he did that all wrong.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Needless to say we are house shopping, my wife can't wait until we are able to move to a less exciting neighborhood. We are looking real hard at southern Weld County.

I wish you the best. Until then be safe and carry LOTS of extra mags.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So would a 90mm rifle bet the best concealed carry?

Do they make it with a 16 round mag, a sig brace, and 11" barrel?

Where can I get two, one just doesn't seem enough. laugh

How about a six shot revolver?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09XNTj02Ep8

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,698 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.