Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the flood of hispanics in the past few years has nothing to do with 'integrating' into the American main stream. They don't/won't speak English, they are strictly here for a free ride, they bring disease, pestilence and crime with them, and they are ILLEGAL.
We don't need or want a damn one of 'em.

I don't think the Hispanics and Asians will be able to keep from integrating into the mainstream over the course of a couple of generations.

It's already been shown that they do,..and have been for a long, long time.

Gotta disagree. Sheer number of billboards and ever increasing number of Spanish radio stations here say otherwise. So many have been here for several years with little or no inclination to learn English. With numbers as large as they have, and as much being done to accommodate, I believe many feel too 'at home' to feel much need. Tens of millions of them allow for a large sub-strata of the population and they can assimilate in to La raza right here. That appears to be the America many of them see.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I worked with many Latinos.They wanted the same things I did and were not afraid to work hard for them.Almost all the Asians I know within one generation are College educated and have their own business.There are also good black folks,but its hard to see them through all the trash that litters their race.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And in my experience, Asians and Hispanics have a family group that blacks can't even begin to fathom. I don't see Korean mom's with kids from 8 different dads, nor do I see that with the Hispanics.

I'll also add that I think the Hispanics may be our best 'hope' against the Muslims.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How many Catholic Mexican's do you see switching their name to Mohammad?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The sheer numbers are going to change the demographics, and the culture from being Northern European based to being spanish/south american based.

Like El Paso?

effing block head. laugh

Sam......

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's a valid question, actually.

Immigrants don't come to America in order to live in the same squalor that they left behind.

And actually, Asians and Hispanics have been integrated into mainstream American society for generations.

To a great extent, blacks Americans never were willing or able to do the same.

It's interesting to speculate how it's going to play out.

Hispanic and Asian immigrants already have a base of westernized Hispanic and Asian culture in America to draw from and model themselves after,...and they don't harbor any ridiculous "guilt" about the plight of the blacks.

A study a while back on race showed that hispanics assimilated by the 2nd generation in income and education. My mom and all her sibs picked crops. Some of my cousins picked too but their kids are all white collar now and almost all married white people. They are succesfull and hard working and HELL on illegals and welfare. Blacks are still "struggling". I still firmly believe its a choice.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Hispanics in Texas are of two loose groups. There are those who want to be educated and work for upward mobility. The others want this to be Mexico and prefer a life of drug running, prostitution, welfare and crime.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Looks like they are one group up on the blacks then...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball

Hispanics in Texas are of two loose groups. There are those who want to be educated and work for upward mobility. The others want this to be Mexico and prefer a life of drug running, prostitution, welfare and crime.

That's the ones in the bad neighborhoods.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kenjs1
the flood of hispanics in the past few years has nothing to do with 'integrating' into the American main stream. They don't/won't speak English, they are strictly here for a free ride, they bring disease, pestilence and crime with them, and they are ILLEGAL.
We don't need or want a damn one of 'em.

I don't think the Hispanics and Asians will be able to keep from integrating into the mainstream over the course of a couple of generations.

It's already been shown that they do,..and have been for a long, long time.

Gotta disagree. Sheer number of billboards and ever increasing number of Spanish radio stations here say otherwise. So many have been here for several years with little or no inclination to learn English. With numbers as large as they have, and as much being done to accommodate, I believe many feel too 'at home' to feel much need. Tens of millions of them allow for a large sub-strata of the population and they can assimilate in to La raza right here. That appears to be the America many of them see.

The reason for that is unchecked immigration. stop that and there would be a huge drop in that kind of advertising.
It isn't only in the Hispanic community. Here in SoCal several Asian communities have had to make ordinances calling for a percentage of business signage to be in English to accommodate cops, FD and other city services.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same things said about Hispanic immigrants were said about the Irish when they flooded in, then the Irish said those same things about the Italians.

Obviously some Latinos, Hispanics, wetbacks, whatever you want to call them, are milking the system. And their growing political power is a threat to any other established group (established group = "we were here before you"). While there are several aspects of political ideas de Espanol that they are more than welcome to leave south of the border, we could have a worse bunch than a fairly family oriented, strong male lead culture. Or with the Asians, a group as a whole that places a high value on education.

Poor folks live like poor folks, they bring their old neighborhoods with them. Most all immigrant groups first lived in culturally homogenous ghettos, then their kids were raised in American culture and spread out. First generation immigrants are almost always poor which is kind of self evident, why would rich people leave their country unless they were driven out?

I remember when the Cubans came to Miami after Castro took over. Literally thousands came across with nothing but the clothes they were wearing and within a generation they pretty much owned Miami. As to the topic of this thread, the demographic shift in Miami is a clear example of it. Blacks were driven out of many of their neighborhoods and replaced by Cubans.

Stuff happens, things change over time. I can imagine the hatred felt by many groups when Columbus Day and St. Patrick's day became recognized holidays. Now a lot of non-Hispanic folks celebrate Cinco de Mayo with no idea as to its origin, it's just another good excuse for bars to have drink specials - same as St. Pattie's day.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess I could be described as a white hispanic.
Race is different than ethnicity. Race is biological descriptors, ethnicity is social and culture.
The exposure to latin america and hispanic that many here get is largely limited to illegal immigrants, who by definition and situation of their country may not be the crop of the crop anywhere they are.
North America was colonized by England and European settlers a while back. Central and South America were "conquered" through blood and swords by spaniards in the 1500s. Lima, in Peru was founded in 1535 and was a Viceroyalty, as such a lot of aristocrats and refined families lived and thrived there, and find no need to chase any "american dream". My point is if you go to a trailer park every person may seem to be white trash and not the refine english depiction of Dowton Abbey.

Some of you guys know me and very few people can tell that I am Peruvian. I have more German, Italian, Irish, Spanish than peruvian (my passport basically). But I was raised in a conservative way, strong family values, catholic, hard working fashion. So ethnically I am peruvian/southamerican, racially I am white.
I do align more with conservative values than liberal open mindness feel good crap Kumbayah crap.

I could be considered a very minute minority:
Heterosexual, married with children, conservative white, "hispanic", catholic, white collar job, I pay taxes and I like guns...

More than race, what drives me insane is the lack of appropriate social behavior. I agree with the posters that say that many who left their countries want to forget the what is wrong, some are here for the free ride. Any race and any culture will have free loaders and hard workers, favoring the free loaders does not help at all.

I do feel we must HELP those in most need, that does not mean giving away free stuff, and those on the receiving should be grateful not feel more entitled. Sideline- yes Asians and Hispanics don't get along with blacks

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Back starting in the late 80's through much of the 90's the company I worked for at that time hired several Vietnamese 'boat people'.
They were all easy to get along with, very polite, hard working, dependable, sober, and generally very financially conservative. Within just a few years most all had bought pretty nice homes, nice vehicles, and were saving for their kids college.

Although not all, it was clearly obvious that a good many blacks really didn't like hearing them being praised for their solid work ethic, stable personal habits, strong sense of responsibility.

We also had one young Thai man that was a real good worker as well but he made it quite clear that he was Thai, and not a Vietnamese. He never associated personally with the Vietnamese, and he did not appreciate, be it mistakenly or otherwise, being called Vietnamese.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
El Paso, Texas, for example,..a city of 670,000 people,...80% Hispanic.

Its crime rate is below the national avergae. Unemployment is below the national average. It's not a wealthy place, but people seem to be able to make a living there.

I would guess that El Paso has ALWAYS been 80% Hispanic. This close to the Border most Hispanics have been here for generations, if not centuries.

IOW they ain't exactly "immigrants", even if they still have kin along the Mexican side of the river.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
El Paso, Texas, for example,..a city of 670,000 people,...80% Hispanic.

Its crime rate is below the national avergae. Unemployment is below the national average. It's not a wealthy place, but people seem to be able to make a living there.

I would guess that El Paso has ALWAYS been 80% Hispanic. This close to the Border most Hispanics have been here for generations, if not centuries.

IOW they ain't exactly "immigrants", even if they still have kin along the Mexican side of the river.

Birdwatcher

I wasn't implying that they were immigrants.

As I'm sure you know, there's Hispanics all over the southwestern U.S. who were never immigrants.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's all a culture thing - it depends on the morals and values you were taught as a child. I've spent some time around dirt poor Mexicans and the children were respectful and well behaved. No wonder when these individuals are given the chance to contribute to a society they are successful.

On the other hand, many blacks are raised and lead to hate ALL non-blacks, to see drug use as acceptable, stealing, robbing, fathering children, as all acceptable. To view formal education as a waste of time, to view hard work with disdain, to believe everyone is out to get them, to always think of themselves as a victim. No wonder they are not fitting in with the rest of the American society.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What we need is for some really smart Asian immigrant to invent a time machine, go back to the 1600's and say in a loud, if somewhat accented voice:

"Hey, you stupid Engrish coronists - pick you own cotton!!"

(or as was actually the case, tell the Jamaican colonists to cut their own sugar cane.)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at post "Ike" Galveston, really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I'm sure you know, there's Hispanics all over the southwestern U.S. who were never immigrants.

IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among, South Texas is about the most colorblind place I've ever seen. "Race" here just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico or any causes arising therein. In fact yer average South Texas Hispanic speaks little Spanish and can be spotted by the Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs decals on their vehicles.

The other part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that they ARE descended from immigrants: If ya go up into New Mexico a whole different kettle of fish. IME Hispanics there got local roots going back to before the US took over, and STILL have a chip on their shoulder about it.

I can walk with my wife in Texas and nobody GAS, up North in New Mexico I'll get hard looks from the local Hispanics, like we is interracial or some such.

Southern California Hispanics OTOH? It was like actually being in Mexico the time I went....

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Now a lot of non-Hispanic folks celebrate Cinco de Mayo with no idea as to its origin, it's just another good excuse for bars to have drink specials - same as St. Pattie's day.

The difference being Guinness is real beer, the same cannot be said of Corona.

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1badf350, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,247
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.