Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BeanMan Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I keep reading about the 12 year old shot by Police in Cleveland. The kid was black and I've not heard of great outrage, does this mean the cop was black too?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not hearing any outrage over this POS getting liquidated by one of NYC's finest either:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/21/new-york-unarmed-man-shot-dead-totally-innocent

Prayers to the officer and his family and hope they have lots of money to spend if he gets placed on paid leave while the department figures out the best way to exonerate him.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not sure, but I think I read that the Cleveland officer was wearing a camera and the entire incident was recorded.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by savage24
I'm not sure, but I think I read that the Cleveland officer was wearing a camera and the entire incident was recorded.

If the video shows it was legit then all is well. If it looks like a bad shoot it was just due to the camera angle being bad and it was a good shoot anyway.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, there is outrage just not getting the publicity as of yet.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
not a body camera. it was a surveillance camera.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

kid [bleep] up. but what 12 year old kid doesn't? friggen shame. not a LEO but to me, it seems that the driver got too close and didn't leave the passenger (shooter) much time to react.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like murder to me.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Looks like murder to me.

It isn't murder when a police officer makes the decision to kill a dog or other animal so how is this any different? The only exception I can think of is the incident with the 2 cops in the hotel lobby and with any luck they will find the fatal shot was fired by a civilian at the scene.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think the dispatcher did a crappy job of relaying the callers info to the cops. I think the caller said it was a kid and didn't know if the gun was real.
If I remember right the cops right after the shooting radio the suspect is about 20 yrs old.
This is a sad happening all the way around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looked like the passenger cop fired as he opened his door. It was pretty instantaneous from this video. It's too bad there is no audio. That would tell a lot more.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poorly trained officers. Poorly trained dispatchers. Poorly conceived rules of engagement. Total fail all around. Hopefully the parents will get a good lawyer and sue the city into bankruptcy.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
And of course where are the parents while the kid is out on the street playing with a very real looking toy. There is equal blame almost everywhere you look but no one will accept their part. The shooting officer was a rookie and I can only imagine how sick he feels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe rookie cops should not be trusted with firearms until they prove their competence under real life conditions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Maybe rookie cops should not be trusted with firearms until they prove their competence under real life conditions.

I feel the same about keyboards and internet access

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Video: Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No winners here.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After watching the video I find no fault in the officers actions.
Then I was not there or involved so my opinion doesn't count any more than any other viewer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
After watching the video I find no fault in the officers actions.
Then I was not there or involved so my opinion doesn't count any more than any other viewer.

We(you and I ) found now fault with the officer's actions before any mention of the video.

Like you, I wish we could get back to the pre-video days when it was only the officers' sides of the story that mattered.

I guess the bright side is that video will rarely get the officer in any real trouble, but it must have a bad effect on officer morale that the perp gets off the hook on occasion due to a friggin camera.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The deal in Cleveland happened before the rots in Ferguson. The Obama administration and MSM knew it was too late to orchestrate more chaos in another local without dividing the effort. Also, Cleveland is not quite the "cherry" to be picked that a small town in Missouri was.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Poorly trained parents. I was told my parents over sixty years ago "You don't be pointing any guns at people, real or not. They may not know its a toy and shoot you". Still holds true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.