Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by eyeball

Hispanics in Texas are of two loose groups. There are those who want to be educated and work for upward mobility. The others want this to be Mexico and prefer a life of drug running, prostitution, welfare and crime.

You forgot the group that's been there for generations and already has their upward mobility.

I didnt forget anything. I said there were two groups. I never said both groups were born in Mexico.

I'm a Dr. You have any idea how many I treat every year? I have Hispanic patients I have seen for 35 years.

I have Hispanic patients who are Drs, Lawyers, Teachers and area managers for chevron.

I also have those with inked crosses on their hands and strings of inked tears in the web between their thumb and forefinger.

I have old one's who are pissed because I don't spend the time to become fluent in Spanish while they have been here 50 years and have not learned English.

I have them blue eye and blond from central Mexico and mainly Spanish blood to guys the Texas Dept of Corrections brings in in chains.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/26/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm a Dr. You have any idea how many I treat every year?

Look, if you can't remember how many you treat, don't blame it on me. Don't you keep records or something?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Look, if you can't remember how many you treat, don't blame it on me. Don't you keep records or something?

hehehe

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Where did I say there weren't any who's family had been here before the Alamo. I do know how many I have. I asked if you knew.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/26/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
PS, Smoke, for whatever I did to get a burr under your skin, please forgive me. I had no intention of doing so.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It is nice to see the ignorant retards show themselves. And them that are well known as ignorant retards reaffirm it.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever, I guess that applies to retarded to.

Now ignorant just means "not knowing". Like how up until just the very moment you read this you might be ignorant of how to spell "facetious".

But me ignorant on THIS topic? Hah? I think not.

Fer example Travis was ignorant of the fact that half the Mexicans in the Laredo HEB were actual Mexican Mexicans as opposed to American Mexicans. Furthermore, Travis was likely also ignorant of the existence of BORDER Tex-Mexicans as opposed to regular Tex-Mexicans.

In fact, to Travis, one Mexican apparently looks pretty much the same as another and he doesn't care to live around any of 'em. No problemo, except that to many American Mexicans around here at least, they think that MOST people who vote Conservative think that way and tend to lean Democrat.

And you Sir, being a probable American White Supremacist, are most likely lamentably and ironically ignorant about White people, or so says I, who's formative years were spent in a White Homeland back in the Old World while it was still lily White.

Understandable, I mean Montana is pretty far away from everything.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Laughin' my ass off...

Keep typin'. I'm at the edge of my seat waitin' to see how many sub-groups you can squeeze out of one race.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well most Hispanics are Caucasian, but there are some that are black or mongol. Hispanic is a culture not a race, Mexican is a nationality, to be a Mexican you have to be born in Mexico.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
PS, Smoke, for whatever I did to get a burr under your skin, please forgive me. I had no intention of doing so.

Lighten up doc. And have a Happy Thanksgiving.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Keep typin'. I'm at the edge of my seat waitin' to see how many sub-groups you can squeeze out of one race.

Nope, just three, and keep reaching Bub, you just dont like being wrong is all.

Now the folks around here, especially kids, refer to themselves informally as "Mexicans", often in jest. Its understood of course that when used in this context "Mexican" doesn't mean they are FROM Mexico, or have anything to do with it. I refer to 'em as American Mexicans, or Tex-Mexicans in the same way.

OK, to use Rog's correct terminology we have 1) Mexican Citizens, all Hispanic.

On this side of the River we have 2) Texans of Mexican Ancestry and 3) Texans of Mexican Ancestry living right on the Border.

Most of group #2 are three or four generations removed from Mexico and comprise by far the greater proportion of Hispanic Texans. Most of them are descended from folks from the interior of Mexico who came to Texas as refugees during the late 19th/early 20th Centuries.

Those on the Border in contrast often have local roots going back many generations and still have close kin on the other side of the river. These are the ones my kids make fun of.

We've established that you dont want to live around any of them. No worries, ya don't have to.

Sad part is, it seems you REALLY dont see a difference, which is unfortunate given the critical role Texas Hispanics will have to play in keeping Texas a red state, without which we cannot elect Republican Presidents.

Like I said, a good many of 'em think Conservatives in general are about like yourself; White folks who cannot tell them apart from actual Mexican Citizens. Turns out in your case they are probably right.

Makes you just another useful idiot for the Left is all <shrug>.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Now.... that's funny as hell..... even though you're smartin' off to my amigo. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike, I'm an RXPERT on NYC.

I never been there and don't ever intend to, so my mind is not all cluttered up with details about NYC.

That makes me an expert according to Campfire Rules.

Saw a good buck right at dark yesterday after a hot doe.... headin' our now to see if he's still around.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever, I guess that applies to retarded to.

Now ignorant just means "not knowing". Like how up until just the very moment you read this you might be ignorant of how to spell "facetious".

Fer example Travis was ignorant of the fact that half the Mexicans in the Laredo HEB were actual Mexican Mexicans as opposed to American Mexicans. Furthermore, Travis was likely also ignorant of the existence of BORDER Tex-Mexicans as opposed to regular Tex-Mexicans.

In fact, to Travis, one Mexican apparently looks pretty much the same as another and he doesn't care to live around any of 'em. No problemo, except that to many American Mexicans around here at least, they think that MOST people who vote Conservative think that way and tend to lean Democrat.

And you Sir, being a probable American White Supremacist, are most likely lamentably and ironically ignorant about White people, or so says I, who's formative years were spent in a White Homeland back in the Old World while it was still lily White.

Understandable, I mean Montana is pretty far away from everything.

Birdwatcher

TFF.

Way wrong in your assertion, but what better way to discredit someone than call them racist? Thank you for the laughs this morning.

Please tell us more about Mexicans, and mexicans, and American Mexicans, and Mexican mexicans, I really enjoy learning from your wisdom.

(that there was sarcasm, as "wise" is one of the last words that could accurately describe your posts on here)

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wait, it gets worse, most of these people are Catholics.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Papists? aye carrumba grin

MAGA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
... what better way to discredit someone than call them racist?

"If you disagree with me, you're racist."

I'm going to have a t-shirt made up. It works on so many levels.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw a good buck right at dark yesterday after a hot doe.... headin' our now to see if he's still around.

BEAUTIFUL morning for it too cool

Anyways, for the entertainment of certain folks up north, a few South Texas vignettes.

Not every Hispanic Texan away from the Border is a descendant of refugees. Deanna, the girl I used to know from Falfurrias, was from an old, old Vaquero clan, since before Texas, and very proud of the fact.

Quite a large community of Kickapoos and Apaches here in San Antonio too, most of whom have no desire to live on the Rez. They look pretty much "Mexican". One of 'em Arvol, I'm pretty good friends with. They live in a notorious neighborhood around here. Once when some guy down the street was threatening his son he snuck in the guy's window one night and woke him up by laying a knife to his throat grin

The funny thing is is to listen to Arvol b$tch about "bilingual education" grin He said his kids weren't Mexican and he wanted them taught in ENGLISH. I taught three of Arvol's kids, his son is now an Engineer in the US Army, two of his daughters are in college or graduated. The one project I did with his daughter went all the way to international-level competition, in Czechoslovakia yet. Pretty heady stuff for a 17 year old (I didn't get to go, she went with an American delegation). Arvol has a bunch of chickens also and sells Indian stuff at the flea market for a living.

Today I will eat Thanksgiving dinner as per usual at my other BIL's place. These people all look "Mexican" too. He speaks little Spanish and has an Engineering degree from A&M. His wife is from an old Eagle Pass (Border) family and speaks fluent Spanish, she has a Master's degree in Microbiology from UT. His income is like three times what mine is and they have the biggest house (on the far North Side).

They were unable to have kids so in the same way my own sister adopted three Polish kids, they adopted a family of four young West Side kids through Catholic Charities. She quit her job to be a full time mom, they both are active in scouting and she loves to cook. Despite appearances for whatever reason they don't to anything culturally "Mexican", not even pinatas on birthdays. Thanksgiving dinner there is gonna be totally traditional, not even tamales. Everybody goes to their house too to watch the Superbowl.

This weekend I'm off to Del Rio, one of my students is from there, both parents are Border people, they all can speak Spanish but converse mostly in English, especially the kids. The kid has passed several AP tests already and has a lock on Notre Dame and Driscoll for next year, full ride. She wants to major in Environmental Engineering, so we are are going to be puddling around in the Rio Grande for 24 hours straight collecting data at her Abuelo's (??) place on the river, less than 100 yards from Mexico Mexico. They checked, the Border Patrol is cool with it. Heck, we're all Americans after all.

Well anyways, that's a sample of my own South Texas reality, others' MMV of course.

Sad part is, MOST of these people to the best of my knowledge vote Democrat... cause they think most people who vote Republican think that they are just like Mexicans.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
... what better way to discredit someone than call them racist?

"If you disagree with me, you're racist."

I'm going to have a t-shirt made up. It works on so many levels.

Pretty much the new battle cry now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tdbob
The sad fact is that a significant portion of the black population are proud to be stupid and ignorant. Those that try to improve themselves are referred to as "Uncle Toms" or "Oreos" by their own people.

Too true. It is much easier than pushing yourself in school ans working hard for a living. A lot of other than black kids are buying into it as it is easier than working for a living.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Way wrong in your assertion, but what better way to discredit someone than call them racist?

Seemed a reasonable supposition in the context of this thread and prior posts. Maybe I'm confusing you with somebody else.

Still, I doubt you got your undies in a twist. IMHO "racism" and accusations thereof are way overblown. EVERYBODY is racist somewhere, part of the human condition. Some of my own kin and closest friends up in NY used to have embroidered swastika throw pillows grin Never held it against them.

I get called "Liberal" here, which I think is far worse.

I'm curious tho, what in this thread do you disagree with?

Birdwatcher

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.