Print Thread
Hop To
#9369683 11/26/14
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I've been curious about the Manners EH-T for a while now, probably since I saw they made them when they announced the other EH series stocks a couple of years ago. I didn't find the lines as intriguing as those of the EH-3 and EH-1, but did like the idea of a dedicated T3 stock of Manners Elite stock construction. My interest in T3's has waxed and waned periodically, but has generally been enough to keep this stock in the back of my mind.

I knew another campfire member had one for a while, when I asked about it he wasn't all that sold on the pattern, citing mainly the grip but also the inlet on his particular stock. Recently I gave Manners a call and asked them to send me a sample to play with. For reference I have no special connections, I believe Manners will do this for anyone who is curious and will give them a card number to hold hostage.

The EH-T has pretty similar ergonomics to the Lite stock, aside from the grip area. The grip on the EH-T IS quite thick. Initially I didn't like it, but after dry and live firing it for the last week it has grown on me. I may end up ordering a couple...

It was one ounce lighter than the lite stock, 28oz vs 29oz, pretty much a wash there.

In case anyone else is curious about this stock, I figured I'd share my findings and a few pictures. Pictured with the EH-T is the plastic T3 lite stock and a Manners EH-3 for a 700.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Empirical results rule!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CR,

Thanks for that post.,I have asked a couple of times on here for info and pics when guys got them but they must have forgotten.

I was looking really hard at these mostly for the alleged weight loss. I may be one of the few who like the ergos of the factory and I know it is PLENTY stiff.

Kind of disappointed that the Manners came in at 28 oz. I think my factory weighed in at 30 and I'm glad I didn't drop $600 for a couple of oz! I thought Manners was quoting about 22-24 oz, IIRC.

Anyway, thanks for the info. You probably saved me some moolah! whistle

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carl, is that top stock the MCS-SL? I really like the looks of that one.

Tanner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whoops, nevermind... Noticed the raised comb.

Tanner

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Yep, that top one is an EH-3, which isn't perfect, but I do think highly of. Would like to compare it to a SL side by side someday, and we'll see what else they make for patterns in the future.

Mojo, glad that could help, that was my hope.

Empirical results rule!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What don't you like about the EH3?

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I would tweak the grip on the EH-3. When prone, it positions my hand too far behind the trigger for my taste. From other positions the grip is good though.

I'd probably raise the heel up too match the comb too, but it really doesn't bother me as is in practice.

Empirical results rule!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Carl

Not trying to hijack your thread, but how do you like this Bushy LRHS scopes?

Gus

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Not at all Gus.

I like the LRHS scopes a lot. Would like a couple more, but I'll be living with 10x SS scopes on my backups for now. If I could change one thing it'd be to have a 100 spline elevation turret instead of the 50 spline one. Small complaint on a scope that's been great for me.

Empirical results rule!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Carl, is the 28oz EH-T "elite" fill or standard fill? Mini chasis? My experience has been that the EH line meets the advertised weights. Or is the T that much larger in size?

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Having had two EHT stocks, both with elite fill, I can vouch for Carls weights. One weighed 28, and the other 29 ounces

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Good to know Darren.

Ct, I simply asked for an EH-T to try out, so I'm not 100% certain on the specs. It has crossed my mind that it could be the standard fill instead of the elite fill, but I'd think it would be heavier if it were. It has no chassis, two sling studs, and a 1/2" pad. While their writeup of this stock on their website lists the weight at 22-24 oz, their spec sheet lists it at 26. Working off of that I consider the 28 oz this one is to be within a reasonable manufacturing tolerance.

Empirical results rule!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not 100% sure, but their specs may also not include the steel lug or sling studs

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,865
Posts18,478,668
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.