Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I see hundreds of rifles shot for hundreds of rounds every year. No factory rifles shoot as consistently as Tikkas. Not Remingtons, Savages, Rugers, Kimbers or Winchesters.

Sure almost all can be made to shoot, however I've yet to see a Tikka require more than just good factory ammo to shoot well

Horseshit. How old are you? Gonna answer this time?

I got underwear older than you and have owned/shot more different brands of rifles than you.

Tikkas ain't nothing special. I never said they don't shoot. But they are not magically accurate like some like to think. They are WAY overpriced, as well.

How many of the "hundreds of rifles" were Tikkas chambered for magnum cartridges?

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Enlighten us novice shooters what the purpose of a recoil lug is. whistle

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Only thing missing here is a G spent on a rifle.... your actual experience with Tikkas.... and answers to the questions I asked. Until then.... all I hear is you tap dancing man.

Show me where you found the 'compromises' to cause any ACTUAL problems at all. Guys who actually run rifles on this board have already chimed in to the contrary... shown examples of fine accuracy... and have little bad to say.

Show me a rifle that is NOT a series of compromises (weight, portability, accuracy, stability, magnification, dexterity, ergonomics, recoil, energy, noise, availability, etc.). Hell, show me a truck... and dog... or a woman that doesn't require some compromises in one facet or another.

Do you have a 'specific' rifle built for everything you do?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Tikkas ain't nothing special. I never said they don't shoot. But they are not magically accurate like some like to think. They are WAY overpriced, as well.

What is the difference between accurate and "magically accurate"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Enlighten us novice shooters what the purpose of a recoil lug is. whistle

Here you go. Read it.

https://tikkaperformance.com/tikka-steel-lug

Then read what David Tubb has to say of recoil lugs:

http://www.davidtubb.com/recoillug-stainless

Then ask yourself WHY would anyone want a smaller, almost non-existent recoil lug. Ever hear of an undersized aftermarket recoil lug? Neither have I.

You kids have fun now. Tikkas simply do not intrest me enough to waste any more time reading of them....

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice dance.... 2muchcrack....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Nice dance.... 2muchcrack....

Dance?

I'm sorry if it bothers you that I don't buy/shoot JUNK entry level rifles and pretend they are something they are not.

We have guys like you here to do that...........

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We don't have too many guys like you shoot out here....They hate getting dirt on on their Tahoe rims... let alone their F-Class rigs... laffin...

Still waiting on a couple simple answers....

Or are you ACTUALLY 'done reading this'.... which would be ironic... as it's the only thing regarding this entire thread which you've actually done....

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

I got underwear older than you and have owned/shot more different brands of rifles than you.

Nothing like someone talking about their underwear when they have nothing else. Curious how you came to the conclusion that you "have owned/shot more different brands of rifles" than me and exactly what that has to do with Tikkas?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drive a Wrangler. It is currently covered in mud from dragging out deer.

I shoot prone, lying in the mud and snow.

Nice profiling though.....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couple simple answers to what?

I already CLEARLY stated that I do not own Tikkas for reasons that I have CLEARLY given.

I have also CLEARLY stated that I am familiar with them and have shot them. That should be obvious by now.

First time I took a Tikka out of the stock the "recoil lug" fell on the ground and I laughed.........

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

We have guys like you here to do that...........

Nice profiling though.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see you still don't want to answer my question.
How about how many of the Tikkas were chambered for magnum cartridges? Care to touch on that one?

And as far as my statement, I stick by that. Because we both know it is true.........

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've probably seen between 15-20 Tikkas chambered in either 7mm RM or 300WM. The lug gets battered but hasn't proven to be am issue in actual use.

Oh it's safe to say that I shoot more than a bit....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've probably seen between 15-20 Tikkas chambered in either 7mm RM or 300WM. The lug gets battered but hasn't proven to be am issue in actual use.

The lug gets battered alright. Some bend. Or the damm things indent themselves right into the tupperware. Either way, they increase what is an already sloppy tolerance and most likely create uneven pressure.

Now tell me, how does a man of your supposed vast rifle knowledge not find this a detriment to the accuracy of the rifle?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Because they continue to shoot good groups and hold zero. I could give two flips about the prettiness, looks or belief of rifledom. I don't have to guess. If I want to know something I walk out and shoot it till destruction.

It may not be the best way to design a recoil lug, but it doesn't really matter. It works, I have never seen a functional problem caused by it, nor have I seem a legitimate complaint by anyone that has.

Dude it's a rifle. Not your mom. It just happens to have more checks on the boxes that matter compared to most.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dude it's a rifle. Not your mom.

I've got underwear older than your mom.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well the 7 mag I saw DID have a problem based on the lug. It did not continue to shoot good groups. Nor did it EVER shoot good groups. That is why I took it apart and saw what I saw. Problem is, most here don't own magnums so don't realize how weak/$hitty the design truly is. He11, I guarantee you most here have never taken their Wikka out of the stock.

I was looking for a pic of the lug, but knew I deleted it and some frozen up A-bort trigger pics when I told myself I was done speaking of them. Nice plan, but it obviously didn't work.

Anyhoo, I did find this little gem. It's pretty safe to say I shoot a bit also............
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
I've got underwear older than your mom.

That's got me beat laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe, but all it proves is, I'm too cheap to buy new underwear....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.