Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Giving one youth a gun is a nice gesture. Setting up a Mickey Coleman Scholarship Foundation would be another excellent gesture to remember Mickey as well as to offer scholarships to deserving kids.

g
If/when we get this together, we need to get the word out. I definitely want to contribute. Would we be doing this for a gunsmithing student, or for any area of study?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$$ on the way John. Thanks for your work here.
P

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A big continuing thank you to Seafire! He must be hundreds of PMs into this thing. Great service for a great cause.

Let's keep it going! What else is needed?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Right now it is waiting to see what shows... lots of pledges, but their receipt isn't happening as fast with the holidays...but that is normal...

when things are received I am trying to make sure I get the sender notified that it got here....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am in for a donation or for a scope if one is still needed

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gopher got me the binos. I just need to know where and who to ship my stuff to. smile

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Getting the answer to those kind of questions together at the immediate moment Goalie... will follow with a PM.. securing FFL info needed at the moment....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seafore: I will give $100 cash to the second place guy/or gal decide on. let me know.

Your friend,

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Recipients, I have sent each parent a PM for the need of an FFL to be emailed to me...

please check your PMs... posting it here also so it stands more chances to be seen...

thank you...

best regards
seafire

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
seafire,

email sent with FFL attached

thanks

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Email sent to Seafire with attachment.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Okay Gentlemen,

I am going to give a rough update here and ask folks for some patience, as I know a lot of folks are anxious...

Local stuff with Scouts and my business have had me busy with not a lot of free time during the worlds business hours since right before Christmas...

I have received many donations, the vast majority of them after Christmas...and despite the postmarks on them, more than some of them have taken 2 weeks from the post marked date to get here...
so we can thank traffic volume with the Post Office...

Donations in the way of checks, I have tried to acknowledge the receiving of them to the senders, but many folks have not put on their Campfire Handles...so it is hard to match up the names and addresses, having to wade thru emails and PMs for that...

and as always, same as with the Veterans Projects, all pledges are not received and I can only assume not sent...

will try to compile a list of what has been received and the cities they came from, and post it here... that should protect the identity of the campfire members, many desiring to remain anonymous...

I am also trying to make the packages to be received by each youth, equal to the others....with things coming in from all directions, this takes a little time to coordinate...

with the Veterans Projects, we did not have a time line... with this one, it is a Christmas thing, so we do have a time line, yet 90% of the stuff received is showing up after Christmas...

FFLs are getting rounded up, and each firearm will be sent by the donor, to the recipient directly, and we will reimburse shipping charges....

one is being special ordered, so we can give a young girl EXACTLY what she wanted, and I found ONE dealer in the country, after a lot of internet searching, and had to order it locally...
so it is being shipped from Ohio, here to Oregon, and then shipped to Indiana....by me..

I won't bore the audience with the rest of the details, as it just goes on and on...I don't mind doing this (for a good cause that it is) at all... Sadly I don't have a controlling handle on the time frame as the stuff and donations roll in...

so please know, this has my available attention, but it takes some time to orchestrate...and I appreciate those that can bare with me..

any questions, please feel free to PM me still,.... I am trying to answer those as quick as possible, but I know one or two have been overlooked...

thanks for everyone involved, and their understanding... and their patience...

best regards...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seafire,

I know I and many other here are very grateful for the amount of effort you have put into these projects. Timeline is a fine thing but the fact that these young people are getting something very special from a large group of people who normally can't start a thread with out bickering is amazing in itself.

I am sure everyone can muster up enough patience to see this through for the great cause and for the fine gentlemen whose memory is now attached to it.

Mack

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Jim! Appreciate it...a LOT

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by mack5511
Seafire,

I know I and many other here are very grateful for the amount of effort you have put into these projects. Timeline is a fine thing but the fact that these young people are getting something very special from a large group of people who normally can't start a thread with out bickering is amazing in itself.

I am sure everyone can muster up enough patience to see this through for the great cause and for the fine gentlemen whose memory is now attached to it.

Mack

+1 - It is the end result that will be remembered and what matters most.

Last edited by Proud_Dad; 01/07/15.

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
anyone have any 257 Roberts Brass that they would part with so we can get one of the recipients a rifle he can start shooting?

either donated or will purchase for right price...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have 20 Virgin 257 Bob brass, if I can find them. May be a start.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Seafire, have you been able to secure enough brass?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
had about 8 PMs on it...

can't count on how much we are talking.. I am having each donor shipping it to the recipient's dad...and then asking if they want reimbursed at all to let me know...

in campfire tradition, each one has said "don't worry about the shipping'....

so sorry, that is the best I know as of this morning...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not a worry. Thanks for the follow up. Keep posting if more is needed.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 33 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.