Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2
Damn!! If they had those in left hand models for that price I'd have to buy a 700.

If offered in left hand i would buy a halve dozen or more.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by lilderrick
Uncle Dewey says all them WalMart guns are factory seconds. Hope that sumbitch don't blow up in your face

Uncle Dewey should have figured out that that was wrong a long time ago. Walmart sells the exact same guns as anyone else. Manufacturers would not risk the liability associated with selling "factory seconds".

This ^^^^

Wall Mart gets the same guns everyone else does but they get em cheaper because they buy ten thousand at a time as opposed to ten at a time like JoeBob'sGuns do.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Uncle Dewey says all them WalMart guns are factory seconds. Hope that sumbitch don't blow up in your face

Uncle Dewey should have figured out that that was wrong a long time ago. Walmart sells the exact same guns as anyone else. Manufacturers would not risk the liability associated with selling "factory seconds".

This ^^^^

Wall Mart gets the same guns everyone else does but they get em cheaper because they buy ten thousand at a time as opposed to ten at a time like JoeBob'sGuns do.

I've built a handful of custom rifles using a SS 700 ADL. Checking measurements out before machining the action and bolt they aren't "seconds"...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rem doesn't make seconds, if they don't make spec's they are scraped

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The whole theory and belief in seconds is an effing joke. Do these people run around with tinfoil hats too?? Seriously...

That is 1 helluva deal. I bought a 700 Varmint a few years ago from Dicks on a Black Friday sale. After all was said and done, I ended up with a barreled varmint action for around $250. Slapped it in an HS Precision stock and wala, PD shooter.

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Well, Dewey don't lie. So when yall get on here crying about having your arm or the side of your face blown off don't spect no sympathy for me. FKIA's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I've built a handful of custom rifles using a SS 700 ADL. Checking measurements out before machining the action and bolt they aren't "seconds"...

That sounds familiar.
I had my smith rechamber and true up the cheapest SPS I could get my hands on a couple of years ago. When I picked it up I specifically asked about the alleged differences all the internet experts like to talk about. He basically said there are indeed discrepancy's but they are no better or worse now than they were fifty years ago when he started and I believe him.

Oh,,, and FWIW, that cheap ass SPS build shoots just as good as my other more expensive builds,,,, factory barrel and all.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Dewey don't lie. So when yall get on here crying about having your arm or the side of your face blown off don't spect no sympathy for me. FKIA's

I think Dewey's been in the scamper juice again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

He may not lie but he seems to get pretty dang confused. wink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Maybe Dewey don't lie, because he actually believes that bullshit. But believing something untrue doesn't make it true. That old wive's tale has been floating around for at least 30 years that I know of, and most likely longer than that. I'd be willing to bet it was started by a gun shop that was pissed that Walmart could sell the same gun, that they did, for $100 less.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heard that same thing on TnDeer

It MUST be true right?

:

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This ^^^^

Yup, but everyone has no problem popping on here and starting a thread whining about JoeBobs and how even thought they are pretty knowledgeable they were not willing to sort out whatever little problem you had with your new Walmart gun for free........because the folks at your local big box store barely know which end you point at something......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still don't buy guns from walmart, been a long time. The ground sloth working in sportgoods has really bad breath. You can smell his firewall burnin 6ft away. sick and he's dumb as bag of pine bark nuggets.

I've gotten my best prices from construction workers who need money to pay a $14 water bill or diapers.

The one LGS that I do frequent, they are great. They don't pretend to be cop ass kissin fake-SOG green beret counter commandos. Just regular dudes and they even send a Christmas card to the house. smile

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 78CJ

This ^^^^

Yup, but everyone has no problem popping on here and starting a thread whining about JoeBobs and how even thought they are pretty knowledgeable they were not willing to sort out whatever little problem you had with your new Walmart gun for free........because the folks at your local big box store barely know which end you point at something......

I agree, but lucky for me I know which end the bullet comes out of. FWIW the monkeys at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cablas are just about as knowledgeable as the ones at Walmart. Good luck returning your new rifle to either of those stores either.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone that goes to WallMart, Cabelas, Sportsmans, or any of the big retailers looking for advise deserves what they get.

I figure out what I want and buy it from the store that has the best price. The End

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, Dewey don't lie ON PURPOSE. So when yall get on here crying about having your arm or the side of your face blown off don't spect no sympathy for me. FKIA's
FIXT

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Had gun shop clerk tell me that regular Weaver bases wouldn't work on a Remington 700 if it was purchased at Wal-Mart. Because those 700's were D&T'd differently than REAL 700's.

This may sound incredible, but he was a Texan.

I never went back.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I still don't buy guns from walmart, been a long time. The ground sloth working in sportgoods has really bad breath. You can smell his firewall burnin 6ft away. sick and he's dumb as bag of pine bark nuggets.

I've gotten my best prices from construction workers who need money to pay a $14 water bill or diapers.

The one LGS that I do frequent, they are great. They don't pretend to be cop ass kissin fake-SOG green beret counter commandos. Just regular dudes and they even send a Christmas card to the house. smile

sloth dude has to get up early so all his relatives and peezos can get that .22 ammo to sell at the triangle flea market and also in da peddeler gotta supplement dat wally world wage somehow

this is why he dont brush his teef man

laugh laugh laugh

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bea175
Rem doesn't make seconds, if they don't make spec's they are scraped

They should scrap most of 'em then. They can't cut a damn crown properly and the only barrels they make that are worth owning are the 5R's. Get in line for one.

I've heard the "reject" 700 hypothesis, and the only thing that keeps me from believing it is the stupid bastards at Big Green probably aren't organized well enough to keep the reject pile separated.

You also hear the same rumor about tires sold at Walmart, and I'm highly inclined to believe that one.

Anyone here with half a brain should be aware that even pre-Freedom Grope Remlin was staffed by incompetents, and it has only gotten worse. Also, Walmart would sell coal and pitchforks to satan himself if there was a buck to be made doing it. To wit, look up what Walmart did to Rubbermaid. They damn near shut the company down.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's interesting about Remington's barrels.

Around which year did they stop cutting them correctly? I'd like to keep my eye out for a good one.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 32 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,066
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.