-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I still think of a major college coach as a representative of higher learning and a teacher, one who gives and takes his exams publicly, in front of 65k very interested folk and another couple of million via the tube. I'll give that some major emoting is done but no matter your teaching and coaching skill, it's best not at any point to look like a thug on a street corner who just stole an old lady's bag after beating her with it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by powdr
Kiffin is not head coach material to me...and never will be. I'd like to see Spurrier go back to Florida and w/the down year they had at S. Carolina he might just take the job. I really don't care what Nebraska does. I didn't like Bobo but the next guy is going to run into the same problems I'm afraid w/recruiting. Florida would be making a bad mistake hiring him...just not a good fit. Hoke is a nice guy at Michigan but that may be his problem, he's too nice. If Florida doesn't hire Spurrier I'd like to see them hire Rich Rodriquez. He may not leave Arizona but I think it would be a good fit.

I pay $1300+ for 2 season tickets, Brady Hoax has to go. He doesn't wear headphones, never gets after his players - just pats them on the back when they screw up, and was 11-2 his first year with Rich-Rod's players. Now he's losing hi zzz with his own players. I'd take Lloyd Carr back who I never cared for to begin with . . .

Last edited by tpcollins; 11/30/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You certainly are entitled to more.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tpcollins
[quote=powdr] I'd take Lloyd Carr back who I never cared for to begin with . . .

Wonder if Lloyd has had a few chuckles to himself after seeing the way things have went with the guys that replaced him?

NRA Patron Member
IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Just saw that flash up on the ESPN screen. Maybe the Gators will luck up and hire him..... wink

It's h*ll gettin beat by a pack of gophers...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don't think we will likely ever see another national championship from Nebraska or Michigan. It is too easy for the nice climate schools to recruit. Why would a blue chip go to NB when he could go to Florida, Alabama or Arizona? They will have good teams but I don't think we will ever see the dominance that guys like Osborne and Switzer had. I don't care if Nick Saban wen there.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 375fan
Originally Posted by tpcollins
[quote=powdr] I'd take Lloyd Carr back who I never cared for to begin with . . .

Wonder if Lloyd has had a few chuckles to himself after seeing the way things have went with the guys that replaced him?

i'm sure rich rod has

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I don't think we will likely ever see another national championship from Nebraska or Michigan. It is too easy for the nice climate schools to recruit. Why would a blue chip go to NB when he could go to Florida, Alabama or Arizona? They will have good teams but I don't think we will ever see the dominance that guys like Osborne and Switzer had. I don't care if Nick Saban wen there.

Because even the SEC has a limited number of scholarships. Some great talent out there that can't find space in every program they'd like to.

Up to coaches to find the guys.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
26-25 against teams who finished with winning records.
40-2 against teams that finished .500 or worse.

Batting .500 against teams with winning records was huge, this includes a bunch of teams that finished 6-5 and 7-4. NE seemed to have a heck of a time winning the big game when it really mattered.

I really hate to see Bo get the boot. Not because I'm a big fan of the NE but just the opposite, can't stand them. With Bo at them helm NE was never going be a big threat to win the Big Ten. Bo was never big time college football head coach material.

Bring back Callahan!! grin

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Nebbish are going to have a hard time bringing a good coach to Lincoln. The Huskers messed up when they left the Big12. They severed their talent pipeline.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Just saw that flash up on the ESPN screen. Maybe the Gators will luck up and hire him..... wink

Too late . . . BamBam already claimed him . . . grin

[Linked Image]

NOTE - A friend emailed this to me (also an NU alum) and I have no idea where it came from so I can't give credit where it is due . . . but still funny.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Pellini just couldn't make it to the big game. Just ask the UW Madison Badgers. I will miss him though. When the games got boring, I would watch Pellini.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Pelini's not the only coach looking for job...

Last edited by sse; 12/02/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The players on the team LOVED Pelini, but if you can't keep the old timers with the tickets happy, you get the boot. Pretty mixed feelings all around campus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's going to get tougher today to develop the dynasty's we knew of decades ago - the Nebraska's, Michigan's, etc., though it maybe still easier in the SEC. There are so many talented players now that there's no room in the BCS for all of them. They spill over into the FCS and elsewhere. A few marquee coaches still will draw the horses and geography will always be at least somewhat a factor as will nearness to population centers as far as recruiting.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I hope this works out.

http://www.ketv.com/sports/huskers-extended-coverage/nebraska-announces-head-coach-pick/30057630

LINCOLN, Neb. �The University of Nebraska has hired Mike Riley as its new Head Football Coach, Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst announced Thursday.

Riley will be formally introduced at a news conference at 9 a.m. Friday.

Riley comes to Nebraska after 14 seasons as the head coach at Oregon State University, spanning two different tenures in Corvallis. Riley has led OSU to 93 wins and a 6-2 record in postseason bowl games. In addition to his time at Oregon State, Riley has served as the head coach of the San Diego Chargers, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League, with whom he won two Grey Cup Championships, and the San Antonio Riders in the World Football League. He has served as an assistant coach at California, USC, Linfield College, Whitworth and Northern Colorado as well as with the New Orleans Saints and in the Canadian Football League.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know anything about him, but this article lays out some facts that don't look good.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/4/7334131/mike-riley-nebraska-football-coach

Riley, 61, has been with Oregon State since 1997, making eight bowl games in 14 years, with four ranked finishes. Pelini was often criticized for being unable to clear the four-loss hump with the Cornhuskers. Riley has lost four or more games every year in Corvallis since 2003. Pelini was also criticized for being unable to win big games. Riley is 4-21 against top 10 teams and 14-41 against top 25 teams in his career.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who..?

Coach from Oregon State..?

Riley has lost four or more games every year in Corvallis since 2003..?

Sometimes, you just know ahead of time, that things aren't going to work out well in the end...

[Linked Image]

Florida hired the Colorado State coach as well. He seems to have a decent resume though...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oregon state sucks. They got destroyed by Oregon recently.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 204guy, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,025
Posts18,500,482
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.