Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9388177 12/03/14
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Do NOT use WalMart for bulk reproduction of slides --> DVD, unless you are prepared for the following: FUJI Labs will only do them in lots of 40. This means my 11 carousels of 100 slides each have been removed, transferred to envelopes and sent off. How many are in process? I don't know. Five people are involved, you have to go in person to find out anything, and promises to phone with info are less than pleasing. So, I have 1000+ irreplaceable photos of Ethiopia in the hands of minimum wage earners and I am a bit stressed! Would y'all please pray that it all works out? Thanks a bunch! (It's supposed to be for Christmas.)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Done

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slides?

Are you a member of Toastmasters?

A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
My parents were medical missionaries, ending in 1975. Four kids, all of us born there. No, we didn't just have an old timey vacation or something silly to discuss. Thanks, Scott.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope it works out for you but...

One thing I wouldn't do is call the balls of a bunch of people and worry the absolute piss out of em.

Your stuff may just 'accidently' come up lost or corrupt.

Just roll with it.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They make specialty places for these type of services. So you chose to go to "The Saving" place, a lifetime of memories gone is how I see this ending.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So far my wife has had about half of her deceased dad's slides from the 50's, 60's and 70's transfered to DVD successfully, done in-store at a local Walmart.

The problem she is having now is the last time she took a batch in she was told Walmart Corporate had removed the in-store transferring equipment from their stores around our area leaving her with the other half still to be transfered.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyingDog
They make specialty places for these type of services. So you chose to go to "The Saving" place, a lifetime of memories gone is how I see this ending.
there was request made for Intercessory Prayer. Are you righteous enough to pray for this man's kodaks?

For God to bend his ear, you must bend your knee.

your snide input is only extra fat and fillers

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by slumlord
there was request made for Intercessory Prayer. Are you righteous enough to pray for this man's kodaks?

Prayers are reserved for people that are sick, have lost souls or are in need of some help. I'm not going to send a Knee Mail for 1950's kodaks. Scrap it up to a lesson learned.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
yall need JEEZUS

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by lilderrick
yall need JEEZUS

Granny say so?

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by lilderrick
yall need JEEZUS

Granny say so?
granny don't take no pics and tell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Prayers are reserved for people that are sick, have lost souls or are in need of some help. I'm not going to send a Knee Mail for 1950's kodaks. Scrap it up to a lesson learned.

Another douche bag goes on IGNORE. Good-bye douche.

- Rogue
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Another douche bag goes on IGNORE. Good-bye douche.

I'll pray that you find peace with that choice

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by agazain
Do NOT use WalMart for bulk reproduction of slides --> DVD, unless you are prepared for the following: FUJI Labs will only do them in lots of 40. This means my 11 carousels of 100 slides each have been removed, transferred to envelopes and sent off. How many are in process? I don't know. Five people are involved, you have to go in person to find out anything, and promises to phone with info are less than pleasing. So, I have 1000+ irreplaceable photos of Ethiopia in the hands of minimum wage earners and I am a bit stressed! Would y'all please pray that it all works out? Thanks a bunch! (It's supposed to be for Christmas.)

While I am sure the situation is frustrating, I would advise to be patient with the people you deal with and remember that you can catch more flies with honey, than you can vinegar.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
AMAZING..............................

Let's see here; you take your slides to Walmart and now you want to whine about them being in the hands of minimum wage earners?

How much are you drinking these days.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
mans got a legitimate concern, and all he gets is crap from azzholes about it. Geez.

Sam......

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by agazain

While I am sure the situation is frustrating, I would advise to be patient with the people you deal with and remember that you can catch more flies with honey, than you can vinegar.

Travis Clark

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Speechless. Scott F, I might have to look into a scanner. W-M did me right converting old movie of my folks' wedding to VCR format back ten years or so when preparing their 50th anniversary party. (Is that enough honey?) That's why I'm shocked this time.

Cheers,

Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 32 invisible), 1,837 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.