-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The things cops get away with has disturbed me for a long time. Just one more part of the government we need to seriously reel in.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh,Lod....theys gunna burns dat big bootafull chrimmus tree down at dat rockefellr center tonites ya herd

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
TFF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course it's the cops fault that a morbidly obese dude with potential medical problems decided to tussle. They should've had him fill out a questionnaire first.

Nobody's responsible for themselves as long as there's a cop nearby to blame.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blood chokes are great for incapacitating individuals but do it wrong and it can be fatal, hence the reason they "watered" it down from the V "choke hold" to the vascular neck restraint which goes up under the armpit.

Hard to get a charge against the police officer other than negligence for applying a tactic that was against policy ect. Other factors come into play, size disparity, what the suspect said, resisting arrest, amount of police officers vs. suspect ect. All taken into account. Also the officer who applied the choke hold, what was his reason/thinking for using the hold?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Apparently two types of people. Cops and Ham Sandwiches.

If a ham sandwich is wearing a badge, carrying a gun and gives me a lawful order I'm going to comply.

If Eric Garner had chosen to STFU instead of becoming argumentative he would be alive today.

31 arrests. Consistent poor life choices.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

If a ham sandwich is wearing a badge, carrying a gun and gives me a lawful order I'm going to comply.

If Eric Garner had chosen to STFU instead of becoming argumentative he would be alive today.

31 arrests. Consistent poor life choices.

This and that wasn't a choke hold...the officer didn't have his arms locked.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Givin' up on swine. Gonna git me a prayer mat.

Allah is great and good.

FOR SALE

Medium Big Green Egg as well as an eight pound shoulder.

Cheap !!!! Make offer before meat spoils.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing he was just selling cigs. In NY if it were big gulps the cops would have been justified in shooting.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the pump has been primed, precedent set, and the usual suspects are already in place.
Gonna be a hot time in NYC for the next few weeks. smirk

But in NYC you can't have guns so there can be no violence. smirk
good point Scott, and we all know that folks WILL obey the law.

smirk

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one is more reasonable to get worked up over. With that many officers around, I don't see the need to use a hold that is against policy.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Good thing he was just selling cigs. In NY if it were big gulps the cops would have been justified in shooting.
Selling cigarettes shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Taxing them at the rate of 4.85 per pack should be. Geezus I hate this phuggin NYS govt't ! Buncha worthless lowlife thieves.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They're throwing up the NYC-RC Christmas Tree soon. Officials interviewed on FOX were saying violent protests are to be expected. BUT like someone else stated NYC will not likely tolerate what happened in Ferguson.

Whole different PD in that town.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uber drivers better be scared in NYC.

Last edited by Steve; 12/03/14.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Piece of garbage should have complied and would be selling boot leg cigs today.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
The NYPD is going after officer Pantaleo on it's own. Just as in Ferguson, the politicians are not content with a no bill result. They are going to have an internal investigation, and fire the guy.
Maybe that will cool down the insurgents. Of course, there will be the automatic involvement of the DOJ in a Civil Rights infestigation, as in any negro death.
link to story
A grand jury voted not to indict NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo in the chokehold death of Eric Garner � but the eight-year veteran isn�t off the hook just yet.
Pantaleo � who was placed on modified duty after Garner�s death on July 17 � is still being investigated by the Internal Affairs Bureau, which is looking into his possible use of excessive force and may decide to charge him departmentally.
�If so, there will be a departmental trial,� a source said.
At the end of that trial, the Department Advocate�s office will make recommendations to Police Commissioner Bill Bratton as to whether Pantaleo should be fired, disciplined or go unpunished.
Ultimately, Bratton has the final say in his future on the force.
A police source said it�s likely the Department Advocate will recommend that Pantaleo be disciplined, as chokeholds have been banned by the NYPD.
�The chokehold, however not criminal, does violate the patrol guide procedure in section 203 �use of force,� but the Department Advocate will merely make a suggestion of discipline to Bratton,� the law enforcement source said.
Police union leaders have claimed that Pantaleo did not actually use a chokehold to arrest Garner, 43, who was selling loose cigarettes on the sidewalk.
But a cellphone video of the July 17 arrest shows Pantaleo, who is white, wrestling his black suspect to the ground with his arms around his neck.
Bratton also described Pantaleo�s arrest tactic as an �apparent chokehold� in the wake of the incident.
The Garner family has urged federal authorities to launch a separate civil rights investigation into his death.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Of course it's the cops fault that a morbidly obese dude with potential medical problems decided to tussle. They should've had him fill out a questionnaire first.

Nobody's responsible for themselves as long as there's a cop nearby to blame.

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

The cops are responsible for THEIR actions. One man acted outside policy and it resulted in a death; that's serious. That should at least call for an accounting.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's starting already,..turn on CNN.!

Holder is now going to do an "Expedited" inquiry into the case...

Gonna get good...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
They're throwing up the NYC-RC Christmas Tree soon. Officials interviewed on FOX were saying violent protests are to be expected. BUT like someone else stated NYC will not likely tolerate what happened in Ferguson.

I think people have a right to be outraged in this case. This one really looks like a grand jury/prossecutor cover the cops. Ferguson didn't appear that way to me at all because the cop in question acted in an appropriate manner.

This cop didn't act in an appropriate manner, and it resulted in a death. That's not cool and I don't care what color the person is.

Choke holds are famous for killing people, that's precisely why they're barred. They're legally indefensible, and the city is going to loose their arse in the civil suit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by byc

I think people have a right to be outraged in this case. This one really looks like a grand jury/prossecutor cover the cops. Ferguson didn't appear that way to me at all because the cop in question acted in an appropriate manner.

This cop didn't act in an appropriate manner, and it resulted in a death. That's not cool and I don't care what color the person is.

Choke holds are famous for killing people, that's precisely why they're barred. They're legally indefensible, and the city is going to loose their arse in the civil suit.

Yep. Should have at least gone to trial.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 49 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,338
Posts18,526,811
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.