Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
You're not a race-baiter but if the perp had been a fat white guy you'd have no interest in commentary.

BINGO.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Of course it's the cops fault that a morbidly obese dude with potential medical problems decided to tussle. They should've had him fill out a questionnaire first.

Nobody's responsible for themselves as long as there's a cop nearby to blame.

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

The cops are responsible for THEIR actions. One man acted outside policy and it resulted in a death; that's serious. That should at least call for an accounting.

Bullcrap he did the officer did not choke the guy out. if he did he wouldn't have been able to talk like he did...have you turned libtard Kevin?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a guy that's never rolled. Why wouldn't he be able to talk?

It might be poor body position and generally show poor form, but its a choke, and he's braced it up with the right hand. Poor as it might be, if a guy didn't know to turn into the elbow he could get choked.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This may have been said but WTH.

I don't give a [bleep] who or what color you are. We are a Nation of laws and if a cop says STOP, DROP, get down, hands up or whatever during a time that you're doing something wrong--and you know when that is--- then you do so and you stay there until you see your lawyer. PERIOD.

Otherwise, face the consequences of being an azzhole/dumbass.

Should this have gone to trial? Maybe.

Should the perp have done what he was told during his wrong and with no resist? Oh hell yeah!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by eh76
Of course it's the cops fault that a morbidly obese dude with potential medical problems decided to tussle. They should've had him fill out a questionnaire first.

Nobody's responsible for themselves as long as there's a cop nearby to blame.

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

The cops are responsible for THEIR actions. One man acted outside policy and it resulted in a death; that's serious. That should at least call for an accounting.

Bullcrap he did the officer did not choke the guy out. if he did he wouldn't have been able to talk like he did...have you turned libtard Kevin?

It's hardly a new thing with him.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you. When somebody calls the cops because an unwanted subject (Whether it be a panhandler, prostitute, or in this case an illegal cigarette dealer.) is on their property and wants them gone, the police can't just turn around and leave when the guy says "I ain't goin'". If they want to make it hard, the cops have no choice but to oblige them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by fish head
Not directed at anyone ...

This one won't turn out well. It is, on many counts, justifiably controversial.

It'll turn out fine for the cops, but not the citizens. Every time one of these things come up it results in less work for us. Remember "Family Violence"? We don't get 1/10th of the calls that we used to in regards to family disturbances. You know why? The woman loses her meal ticket. The get beat more than ever. I don't know where this will go, but I'd bet a paycheck that it will result in us doing less for the people who really need us.

Go beyond the charges against the Officer and think about the civil suit ... which will be filed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Insurance will pay it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you. When somebody calls the cops because an unwanted subject (Whether it be a panhandler, prostitute, or in this case an illegal cigarette dealer.) is on their property and wants them gone, the police can't just turn around and leave when the guy says "I ain't goin'". If they want to make it hard, the cops have no choice but to oblige them.
So they just told the guy to leave and he wouldn't go? He was on private property and refused to leave? They weren't even taking him to the pound? Unfuckingbelievable. The arrogance of some of these folks is astounding. If this is the case...sorry, but your average white guy would have run from the popo before they even got there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Insurance will pay it.

No doubt. That's not the issue though. It's the verdict of the civil lawsuit that's the issue.

The people won't be happy if there's a settlement without a trial.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Insurance will pay it.

I stand corrected. I did a little research and the City of New York states it's much cheaper for them to pay liability claims than it is for them to buy insurance. That really surprises me, as even the smallest departments around here have at least $1,000,000 policies on every officer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
Insurance will pay it.

No doubt. That's not the issue though. It's the verdict of the civil lawsuit that's the issue.

The people won't be happy if there's a settlement without a trial.

Sure they will. The only reason they're causing all this crap is for money.

(Lengthy)
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/14/nypd-paid-nearly-1-billion-to-settle-lawsuits/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When i said "the people" I didn't mean only the family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

No offense, but I honestly can't see why anyone would want to be a cop in this day and age. The majority of the people you interact with are the dregs of society (not which are worse, the perps, the lawyers, the politicians or the social activists), none of them appreciate the risks you take, everyone second guesses your every move, you are expected to be perfect at all times, in all things, and worst of all the politicians parade you out every budget cut cycle as the martyrs should the city coffers be found lacking.

I truly appreciate those who take up the calling of serving and protecting, what a thankless job!

As do I.

I'm a far cry from being old and bitter, but I pray my kids won't be cops.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
THIS is the one people should be pissed about.

Now I'm not calling this something racially charged, but I will say this one isn't cool.

At least in this case you can CLEARLY see an improper choke hold. Nearly every LE agency in the nation bars the use of choke holds. Where they are used, cops are trained SPECIFICALLY not to do a choke hold in the manner in which he was doing it, with the forearm across the trachea. Why? Because it compresses the trachea, and 4-5 hours later it swells, cuts off his air supply, and he dies. Something tells me that�s exactly what happened here.

So here�s an incident where there were multiple cops, one used a non-approved hold, (it was clearly against department policy) the coroner has even ruled it a homicide. And no charges.

Sorry, but on this one I have to cry foul. Now I�m not calling RACIST foul, I�m just saying that what happened isn�t cool and the grand jury either made a bad call or were misled.
My take, too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The video claims it was a heart attack that killed him. The officer that choked him was off of his back after a few seconds.
Shoot someone and what kills him is one of his vital organs stops working. That doesn't clear the guy who pulled the trigger. Neither does it clear the guy who choked off his air.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The things cops get away with has disturbed me for a long time. Just one more part of the government we need to seriously reel in.
+1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Have you heard of positional asphyxia, particularly for a morbidly obese person with cardiopulmonary issues?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there was an interesting segment on hannity tonight with a civil rights lawyer at one time working for the justice department, who has written a book about it. He left on not good terms with holder.
His comment was holder opening civil rights violation cases whereever he can and intentionally trying to delegitimize police across the country.
You have to remember holder was one of a group similar to the black panthers that ocuppied a navy reserve bldg on a campus, and was rumored to be armed at the time.
This guy was saying that furgurson and NYC etc were just small acts in a much bigger picture taking place.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the City of New York states it's much cheaper for them to pay liability claims than it is for them to buy insurance

This is a very believable statement.

Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,347
Posts18,526,961
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.