Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antlers
You asked.

Yes. And you enlightened me.
Thanks a bunch.

word

I'm just returning the favor brother, as you enlighten me almost daily when I read your posts on this board.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
If you think video of Michael Browns shooting would have squelched things, you might want to dust the turnip truck dirt off the seat of your pants.

Three investigations, including Holders DOJ could find nothing but a righteous shoot there ( old school terminology) and that didn't squelch things in the least.

Bottom line, they don't care about right or wrong and will seize any excuse, no matter on what thin ice it rests to riot, loot etc.

I think you are naive, and you no doubt think Im cynical-and not without reason. I have spent time on the street, and by your own admission, you have no desire to do so.

but what incited the people? eye "witness" testimony.

What would have instantly refuted eye witness testimony?

Video tape of the event.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA

which is why I advocate a cop wearing a body camera - yes, it will alter behavior on some police but it will also protect police and ultimately the citizens and large from outrage against speculation on police brutality

The president (who incidentally, has also never arrested anybody in his life) agrees with you.

So does Al Sharpton.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Video tape of the event.

Yeah. Sure it will.

You gonna sell me a bridge in Brooklyn next?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antlers

I'm just returning the favor brother, as you enlighten me almost daily when I read your posts on this board.

That's good to hear.

Travis

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe video of baby huey in Ferguson was released shortly after the incident, which showed him beating the [bleep] out of store owner.

Sure stopped a lot of supposedly level headed folks from coming out to be civilly disobedient...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm long past caring who shares or doesn't share my opinion.

I form my own opinions.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I believe video of baby huey in Ferguson was released shortly after the incident, which showed him beating the [bleep] out of store owner.

Sure stopped a lot of supposedly level headed folks from coming out to be civilly disobedient...

I just don't see how that is relevant though. Yes, it confirms he was a bad guy but it doesn't show that he'd resist arrest when a gun is pointed at him.

Video of the event is what is needed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Video tape of the event.

Again...you are not dealing with normal, rational people here. You are dealing with folks that don't care a whit about the facts...even if shown them graphically. You are dealing with people who will seize any excuse to grind their axe. You give them wayyyy too much credit.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I form my own opinions.

It's good that you are such a free thinker.

Most citizens agree that facts, empirical data, and prior experience should be discarded when forming opinions on a subject they have no knowledge of.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Obviously.

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I form my own opinions.

This is by now painfully obvious. We all do. Some of us just base them on facts and reality, instead of what we wished the world would be.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I form my own opinions.

It's good that you are such a free thinker.

Most citizens agree that facts, empirical data, and prior experience should be discarded when forming opinions on a subject they have no knowledge of.

Travis

see I thought you were talking about Obama sharing the same opinion as me. If you're gonna switch boats mid stream, you gotta let me know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I form my own opinions.

This is by now painfully obvious. We all do. Some of us just base them on facts and reality, instead of what we wished the world would be.

so you're opinion on whether video tape of an event would have changed anything is a fact but my opinion isn't?

is that how it works?

Last edited by KFWA; 12/05/14.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I just don't see how that is relevant though. Yes, it confirms he was a bad guy but it doesn't show that he'd resist arrest when a gun is pointed at him.

It's relevant that it casts doubt on the narrative that he was simply a peaceful gentle giant that was minding his own business, AKA, the narrative that "started it all".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you think video of Michael Browns shooting would have squelched things, you might want to dust the turnip truck dirt off the seat of your pants.

Three investigations, including Holders DOJ could find nothing but a righteous shoot there ( old school terminology) and that didn't squelch things in the least.

Bottom line, they don't care about right or wrong and will seize any excuse, no matter on what thin ice it rests to riot, loot etc.

I think you are naive, and you no doubt think Im cynical-and not without reason. I have spent time on the street, and by your own admission, you have no desire to do so.

Video tape of the event.
What eye witness testimony? That of the people that said Brown charged the cop and the cop shot him?

I've been in many situations where objective evidence was either ignored or twisted around to make it fit whomever is arguing for whatever. Cameras, tape recorders, etc. won't make a significant difference.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

see I thought you were talking about Obama sharing the same opinion as me. If you're gonna switch boats mid stream, you gotta let me know.

He still shares your opinion. I'm not sure what would have caused you to think otherwise.

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I form my own opinions.

so you're opinion on whether video tape of an event would have changed anything is a fact but my opinion isn't?

is that how it works?

You are getting warm. Considering none of the other irrefutable facts presented to the mob changed their minds about rioting...Im making an educated, and calculated guess. Call me whimsical.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

It's relevant that it casts doubt on the narrative that he was simply a peaceful gentle giant that was minding his own business, AKA, the narrative that "started it all".

I don't think that was the narrative that started it all. The narrative that started is all was an eye witnes who started "don't shoot ,hands up" which was a lie and would have been refuted by video tape of the event.

The gentle giant was a persona started by the media.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I form my own opinions.

is that how it works?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nowadays...and maybe it's always been this way, it seems as if much of the time people form their own opinions and then use facts, fictions, whatever to defend them, rather than gathering information and basing their opinion on that. The subjective wins out much of the time.

Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.