Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Allow me...my own taxes are maxed out. I don't want to pay for a bunch of damned cameras. Any technology can be gamed and bypassed. This whole thing was already videoed. How in the world do you think there would have been any benefit to having a camera there?

Personally, I HATE cameras. They're already everywhere. If Obama is for them, then there is some twist to it. Hell, if the REPUBLICAN PARTY is for them, there is some twist to it. There almost always is with politicians. Look at Zero Care. Supposed to help poor folks and it ends up costing them more for inferior medical. That's what this would do...somehow.

Reign the government in and the cops will follow.
This.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm long past caring who shares or doesn't share my opinion.

I form my own opinions.

This is by now painfully obvious. We all do. Some of us just base them on facts and reality, instead of what we wished the world would be.

so you're opinion on whether video tape of an event would have changed anything is a fact but my opinion isn't?

is that how it works?

You are getting warm. Considering none of the other irrefutable facts presented to the mob changed their minds about rioting...Im making an educated, and calculated guess. Call me whimsical.

but you're missing the key motivator- they aren't going to give a damn about about autopsy finding if there are witnesses saying a cop shot him in cold blood.

and that was a blatant lie. That lie could have easily been refuted and diffused.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/05/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm long past caring who shares or doesn't share my opinion.

I form my own opinions.

This is by now painfully obvious. We all do. Some of us just base them on facts and reality, instead of what we wished the world would be.

so you're opinion on whether video tape of an event would have changed anything is a fact but my opinion isn't?

is that how it works?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nowadays...and maybe it's always been this way, it seems as if much of the time people form their own opinions and then use facts, fictions, whatever to defend them, rather than gathering information and basing their opinion on that. The subjective wins out much of the time.

I didn't have an opinion on body cameras until I read the study about their use in Rialto, CA.

I just read this morning that 1 in 6 departments in America now have body cameras of some kind in use.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/05/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And in the case du jour, given that it wasn't police brutality moreover EMS non-feasance that was the major issue with Garner's death, how exactly did the comprehensive videotaping by John Q help?

The cop's lapel video wouldn't have shown much different.

The guy had a preexisting health issue and shouldn't have resisted arrest.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here's some video. Seems old Michael Brown wouldn't have had a meeting with the law if he didn't rob the store. That sure didn't stop the nogs.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
And in the case du jour, given that it wasn't police brutality moreover EMS non-feasance that was the major issue with Garner's death, how exactly did the comprehensive videotaping by John Q help?

you're absolutely right - in the case of Garner, no crime was committed but what we have is video showing that the cop violated police policy (we can argue about whether it was a choke hold or not) by using something that looked like a choke hold.

Now if he was aware of that policy and had a body camera, I would ask - would he have used it anyways in subduing the suspect.

But it would have also shown they called EMS, and attempted to get the guy to respond while waiting on EMS to arrive.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Shame he wasn't shot in the store.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
The only epidemic is stupid people are playing in the freeway, the stupid get squished, driver feels bad, but its unavoidable.

Now we need fuggin' cameras to point out the obvious?

Got news, folks; the President is pied piping you....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

but you're missing the key motivator- they aren't going to give a damn about about autopsy finding if there are witnesses saying a cop shot him cold blood.

and that was a blatant lie. That lie could have easily been refuted and diffused.

In theory, I would agree with this. In reality, you hit the nail on the head when you said "blatant lie". You have to look at the nature of the beast you are dealing with. Lies, thievery, and violence are a way of life for many of them. Doesn't matter how much truth you put in front of them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RWE

you're absolutely right - in the case of Garner, no crime was committed but what we have is video showing that the cop violated police policy (we can argue about whether it was a choke hold or not) by using something that looked like a choke hold.

Now if he was aware of that policy and had a body camera, I would ask - would he have used it anyways in subduing the suspect.

But it would have also shown they called EMS, and attempted to get the guy to respond while waiting on EMS to arrive.

Seems all citizens should have to wear a body camera too, if you are really concerned about people protecting themselves.

Lets make it a law!

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
in the case of Garner, no crime was committed...

Bullshit. The guy was a scofflaw. He died because he resisted arrest.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Exactamundo. And Michael Brown was conducting felony assault of a police officer, so he wasn't exactly pure as the driven snow either.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by RWE

Seems all citizens should have to wear a body camera too, if you are really concerned about people protecting themselves.

Lets make it a law!

you're not that far off.

almost everyone has a camera on them at all times now. As I've said multiple times - the danger is them recorded a partial event and presenting it out of context. That is going to continually happen.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Exactamundo. And Michael Brown was conducting felony assault of a police officer, so he wasn't exactly pure as the driven snow either.

I was saying no crime was committed by the police officer - not Garner.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
OK, my bad.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Okie Dokie.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Uh, people have been rioting and looting over blatant lies. A Hollywood production video shot from fifty angles and scenes with 3D audio isn't going to satisfy the criminals.

You do realize your dealing with professional excuse makers?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
admittedly I didn't write it very clearly

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Lets make it a law!
I can get behind this. It will prevent a lot of crime. Let's say somebody has to take a piss real late at night with nobody around and they stop in the middle of nowhere and are gonna just piss right there. There are no witnesses to the crime with the camera, it will record it so that person can be prostituted and become the convicted sex offender that they are. After awhile people will just piss in their pants and not do that bad [bleep] because they know they're watched. After awhile you can outlaw cursing because that is bad too and then we can move on to outlawing any criticism of the government because they are the camera keepers and have only the best of intentions and motivations.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Lets make it a law!

you're not that far off.

almost everyone has a camera on them at all times now. As I've said multiple times - the danger is them recorded a partial event and presenting it out of context. That is going to continually happen.
lol

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.