Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by fish head
I got to say I still have issues with this one and I'm not alone.

Judge Napolitano, Krauthammer, and Goldstein on FOX last night all felt the GJ should have returned an indictment and have this settled by going to trial.
Obviously a bunch of Libtards.

Real shocker you side with a bunch of Jews.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
All who would promote "cop cams" are free to strap a Go Pro to their forehead. They could then be assured that their crime and subsequent abuse by the police would be well documented and justice would prevail.

Ordinary citizens could do the same and uplink it to NSA and make us all safer. You would look cool and provide a good supply source to the local thugs who would rob you.

Oh, I forgot that the camera would be a deterrant to anti-social behavior.

Lots of critical thinkers and potential victims here.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
We of the Mossad always side with our fellow-religionists.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If cops can only arrest people for being dangerous....

What about the perv exposing himself in a park? Or taking under-stall pics in a bathroom? Or hobos taking a dump on the front porch of your business? Or stealing your car? None of those are dangerous in and of themselves. So tickets would be best?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dumb asses keep going down this asinine path, and before you know, the movie "Demolition Man" will be reality. eek

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Apparently the cops kill them too.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/showbiz/cops-crew-member-shot-killed/

My bad bro! Bro? You alright bro?

Was he black?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Napolitano ain't no Hebe, but he's still wrong on this thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

What about the perv exposing himself in a park? Or taking under-stall pics in a bathroom? Or hobos taking a dump on the front porch of your business? Or stealing your car? None of those are dangerous in and of themselves. So tickets would be best?

You regular cops don't need guns, just cameras. Take a picture of the B.G. and upload it to roving SWAT Teams who are patrolling in their tanks and let them deal with it.

Y'all can all go home at the end of your shift. that way.

See... there is a use for cameras in LE.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd def sign up for that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think what he was suggesting was that, in those case, get an arrest warrant first.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, he said to write them a ticket. What about when they don't show up for ticket court? Do the cops put hands on them then?

Or what about when you scratch out a ticket and the fool keeps acting foolish anyway, never even stops long enough to sign the ticket?

What do I do with the guy until the warrant is written and signed? Follow the guy around for a few hours and just let him keep on acting the fool? Can I out hands on him to at least make him stop taking the naughty pics? Can I physically stop him from erasing the pics and thus destroying the evidence against him?

Point being, that sooner or later in a nation of laws the popo is gonna have to put hands on a fool.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A guy steals Hawkeye's car and Hawkeye wants the cops to get an arrest warrant before they take the thief into custody?

Is that what he's saying?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, he said to write them a ticket. What about when they don't show up for ticket court? Do the cops put hands on them then?

Or what about when you scratch out a ticket and the fool keeps acting foolish anyway, never even stops long enough to sign the ticket?

What do I do with the guy until the warrant is written and signed? Follow the guy around for a few hours and just let him keep on acting the fool? Can I out hands on him to at least make him stop taking the naughty pics? Can I physically stop him from erasing the pics and thus destroying the evidence against him?

Point being, that sooner or later in a nation of laws the popo is gonna have to put hands on a fool.
Sure, but if he doesn't show up to court or pay the fine, you'll have an arrest warrant. Most would pay the fine or show up to court, thus avoiding the police confrontation phase in most cases.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Sure, but if he doesn't show up to court or pay the fine, you'll have an arrest warrant. Most would show up to court, thus avoiding the confrontation phase in most cases.

Ummm no they wouldn't. You have absolutely no idea how many bench warrants hang on our wall for petty crap that they just don't appear at court for

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The underlying problem, of course, is that there are too many ways to violate the law, i.e., not nearly enough liberty. It should be pretty fundamental that if two people wish to exchange money for a cigarette, for example, there's no need to have a third party involved in the deal, namely the government.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But which of those laws being violated do you feel warrant you putting your hands on a citizen...? There have been many shootings, of both police officers and the public, over seatbelt violations...! Just doesn't seem worth it...
Seems like discretion ought to be an ingredient, especially on the part of the officer, for 'crimes' such as seatbelt violations, minor traffic violations, expired auto plates, etc. You guys can more than likely tell the difference between some guy on his way to work not wearing a seatbelt, or going 5-10 mph over the speed limit...as opposed to someone who is committing a crime against another person or their property.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No they wouldn't. Roughly a third of tickets go unpaid. That's just for traffic fines. You think a guy is gonna just show up for his naughty picture trial out of the goodness of his heart? No, that's why judges require people to post bond.

Answer the questions. Short of an arrest warrant, is there a non-violent scenario that when a cop can put hands on a suspect?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The underlying problem, of course, is that there are too many ways to violate the law, i.e., not nearly enough liberty. It should be pretty fundamental that if two people wish to exchange money for a cigarette, for example, there's no need to have a third party involved in the deal, namely the government.

Word.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

But which of those laws being violated do you feel warrant you putting your hands on a citizen...? There have been many shootings, of both police officers and the public, over seatbelt violations...! Just doesn't seem worth it...
Seems like discretion ought to be an ingredient, especially on the part of the officer, for 'crimes' such as seatbelt violations, minor traffic violations, expired auto plates, etc. You guys can more than likely tell the difference between some guy on his way to work not wearing a seatbelt, or going 5-10 mph over the speed limit...as opposed to someone who is committing a crime against another person or their property.

Sure, I can. But good luck hiring a department full of cops as good as me. Especially as cheaply as some of them are paid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
You have absolutely no idea how many bench warrants hang on our wall for petty crap that they just don't appear at court for

Then why bother with it at all, if it's "petty"...? Surely there are wose crimes for the police to be involved with than those that police officers themselves describe as "petty"...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,338
Posts18,526,811
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.