Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gitem_12
You have absolutely no idea how many bench warrants hang on our wall for petty crap that they just don't appear at court for

Then why bother with it at all, if it's "petty"...? Surely there are wose crimes for the police to be involved with than those that police officers themselves describe as "petty"...?

Because when we ignore stupid stuff, the stupid people we work for (your stupid neighbors) pitch a hissy fit.

The cops can only ignore what the taxpayers (who insisted in the stupid laws to begin with) will let them ignore.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
No they wouldn't. Roughly a third of tickets go unpaid. That's just for traffic fines. You think a guy is gonna just show up for his naughty picture trial out of the goodness of his heart? No, that's why judges require people to post bond.
Clandestinely snapping pictures of ladies' lady parts straddles the borderline of victimless, IMO. Seems there's a victim in that case. We're talking about the likes of selling individual cigarettes. No victim there but the tax man, and most wouldn't consider that a legitimate victimization anyway. Seems to me that if you can give a cigarette away, you should also be able to sell one.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Because it's part of our job.

That said we don't have time to actively search those warrants out. If we run across the individual we arrest them

But petty was the wrong word. I was trying to use a gernetalized term most would understand

I should have said "summary offenses" things like traffic offenses, dis-con, public drunkenness and such. But hell we have just as many felony warrants hanging too

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Because when we ignore stupid stuff, the stupid people we work for (your stupid neighbors) pitch a hissy fit.

The cops can only ignore what the taxpayers (who insisted in the stupid laws to begin with) will let them ignore.
Do you believe the majority of citizens are insisting on the strict enforcement of a cigarette tax?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Do you believe the majority of citizens are insisting on the strict enforcement of a cigarette tax?

You don't think Garner selling untaxed cigarettes was hurting local businesses?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I bet the small business owner/tax payer (who sells the smokes legally) that had fat albert camped out of his shop door would.

*edit, gitem has a trigger finger!

Last edited by add; 12/05/14.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't think the taxpayers insisted on "stupid laws" like seat belt requirements or yearly car registrations/car tag requirements and fees. Those are just a couple of examples where 'discretion' should seemingly be used more often by the officer.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have no idea what a bunch of New Yorkers want.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
If cops can only arrest people for being dangerous....

What about the perv exposing himself in a park? Or taking under-stall pics in a bathroom? Or hobos taking a dump on the front porch of your business? Or stealing your car? None of those are dangerous in and of themselves. So tickets would be best?

Is the guy beating off or taking a piss in a bush? That'd be yes and no. Taking understall pics is a no brainer. That is dangerous and posing a threat. Someone that's taking a dump on a porch should probably be taken in for a mental eval.

Theft, larceny, robbery, all should be arrested.

Jay walking....not so much. And yes, people have been arrested for it. Smoking a doobie, no.

No easy answers Blue, but going hands on with a fella for selling a cigarette is stupid to the extreme and a waste of resources. Almost as stupid as resisting.

Of course many won't show. Many won't show or pay after you arrest them either.

The cameras will happen. I'd say the writing is on the wall with that one.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
"Discretion" is a bad idea. Just take it out of their hands.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Clandestinely snapping pictures of ladies' lady parts straddles the borderline of victimless, IMO. Seems there's a victim in that case. We're talking about the likes of selling individual cigarettes. No victim there but the tax man, and most wouldn't consider that a legitimate victimization anyway. Seems to me that if you can give a cigarette away, you should also be able to sell one.

Surprise surprise, TRH defending perverts.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'll happily pose for dong pics.....

Just wanted to put that out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't think the taxpayers insisted on "stupid laws" like seat belt requirements or yearly car registrations/car tag requirements and fees. Those are just a couple of examples where 'discretion' should seemingly be used more often by the officer.

They insist on them being enforced. I've heard people complain about a lack of enforcement on all those things. I ignore them anyway, but people still complain about me ignoring them.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'll happily pose for dong pics.....

Just wanted to put that out there.

Expect a pm from Florida any second now.........

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Surprise surprise, TRH defending perverts.

Perhaps Chriss knows the type well?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

They insist on them being enforced. I've heard people complain about a lack of enforcement on all those things. I ignore them anyway, but people still complain about me ignoring them.

Some people are just dicks without a life.

Like the pricks that run your HOA.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot, try working for those people.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Shoot, try working for those people.

So you've gotten another call to bring a SWAT team to clear someone's house because they have coons in the attic?

Or was it the neighbors dog this time?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/05/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't wait til we have body cameras. I'll post some Krazee videos.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I can't wait til we have body cameras. I'll post some Krazee videos.

Just warn us first, so we can put down the coffee. Other wise there will be many ruined keyboards.

Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,732
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.