Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Today my wife told me the person the new owner wants to put in the HR position has been arrested for theft and assault recently. Sue and I have automatic deposit so this gal will have access to our info. Is there anything we can do?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Today my wife told me the person the new owner wants to put in the HR position has been arrested for theft and assault recently. Sue and I have automatic deposit so this gal will have access to our info. Is there anything we can do?

Proper advice will require more information. You could try consulting with Chuck Pautsch, who specializes in employment law matters and has his own small firm so perhaps not too expensive. He's awfully good and you can mention my name as we used to work together. Chuck is at Cwppsb-attorneys.com in Milwaukee and handles matters all over the US.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What are you wanting to accomplish with a lawyer?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

What are you wanting to accomplish with a lawyer?

THIS. Don't answer here. Consult a local, quality attorney, ASAP.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is an attorney going to accomplish? Is Ringman going to be able to sue the owner and keep him from hiring an unsuitable employee?

And if so, is the argument going to be "You can't make your own personnel decisions in your own company because I enjoy the convenience of direct deposit"?

I agree that hiring the chick would be crazy. But rank comes with privileges and making bad personnel decisions would seem to be one of those privileges.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What is an attorney going to accomplish? Is Ringman going to be able to sue the owner and keep him from hiring an unsuitable employee?

And if so, is the argument going to be "You can't make your own personnel decisions in your own company because I enjoy the convenience of direct deposit"?

I agree that hiring the chick would be crazy. But rank comes with privileges and making bad personnel decisions would seem to be one of those privileges.
I haven't thought it completely through, but it would seem like a lot would hinge upon whether or not you HAD to do direct deposits.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I assume the business owner knows of the arrest and (for some reason) still wants to hire the person - perhaps they are a family member or friend. I don't think you can do anything legal about the hiring, except to continuously monitor bank accounts and credit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does someone in HR have access to payroll deposit info?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sue and I have automatic deposit so this gal will have access to our info. Is there anything we can do?
Don't use direct deposit. Get a paper check.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
In his other thread, the OP says that the checks are bouncing anyways, so what difference does it make?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...04989/What_to_do_with_napins#Post9404989

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Sue and I have automatic deposit so this gal will have access to our info. Is there anything we can do?
Don't use direct deposit. Get a paper check.

From his other thread, those are bouncing.

He's getting all the hints, but he's just not figuring it out.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Direct deposit doesn't let them take money out - you are fine

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
What I don't understand is why he's working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, when he's 70.

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What I don't understand is why he's working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, when he's 70.

I don't. I work about forty hours because I can.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you realize every business you hand a check over to has the same info your company has to direct deposit into your account....all they have is your bank routing number and account number, neither gives access to the actual account...do you refuse to write a check places where you dont know the criminal history of every employee?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't. I work about forty hours because I can.

For free apparently.

I need some help on the farm if you are in the North Carolina area.

I, however, do provide meals.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
you realize every business you hand a check over to has the same info your company has to direct deposit into your account....all they have is your bank routing number and account number, neither gives access to the actual account...do you refuse to write a check places where you dont know the criminal history of every employee?

Quit making sense.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by rattler

Quit making sense.

scary chit is im half his age.....would think needing to know this info woulda come up sometime in his past....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
the simple answers have already been given.

BUT, the OP needs to understand that either 1) the owner does not know of the previous criminal history, in which case you might set yourself up for some type of revenge by the prospective employee; or 2) He/She knows and you won't be able to change his/her mind.

Hiring an attorney to try to change a business owner's mind about a hire is a waste of time and money.

If it makes you feel better, an even better simple answer is to open a new account and redirect your payroll deposits (and only those) to the new account. Close your existing account and open a new general account. After the payroll has been deposited, you make the transfer to your new regular account.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just because they were arrested doesn't mean they did anything wrong.

Its highly unlikley the owner doesn't know if employees know

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,210 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,011
Posts18,500,215
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.