Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,458 of 1,842 1 2 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mule1
So Stan is 73 years young and I'm 49 what's everyone else's age ifn you don't mind me askin?

Rumor has it I'm 37

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We got about 5" of snow last night.

So, I spent the first half of the day bringing the old yeller plow truck back to life.

Put one of the 2 batteries in it to get him up to the shop. Hop in the truck, notice that one of the 3 snap traps inside the cab has got a dead mouse in it. Turn the key and start cranking the engine.... Notice a mouse making his escape from one of the door hinge holes in the cab, kick the mouse against the door with my boot, jump down out of the truck and finish the mouse off with a good stomp. Walk to the house garage, grab a gas can, remove the top of the air cleaner, pour a shot of gas down the carb...

Hit the key and he's running. But now there is gas spraying from the forward vent on the holley 4 barrel.... Spin the float needle carrier out of the forward bowl... The O ring is shrunk, not sealing fuel from bypassing the float needle.

Don't have an O ring... Slice a piece of rubber fuel line and make a crude o ring. Start the truck, fuel geyser is fixed. Hit the plow lift toggle... Vrrrrr! Nothing... Yeah, we know what this is, low fluid. Get get some ATF from the shop, pour some in through the 1/4" fill hole crazy

Its full, OK... I guess there is water in the reservoir, settled to the bottom of the reservoir in the form of a small ice block. (Seen it before) Go to the shed, grab the hi lift jack. Lift the plow blade with hi lift, rehook the lift chain short. Lower the hi lift, start truck, drive to shop. Drive truck 4 miles to gas station, fill gas tank, buy O ring kit, drive home. Put truck in warm shop. Heater doesn't blow air, disassemble heater. Clear half a bushel of various seeds acorns, strings, fuzz, grass etc. (Plugged tight) Clean inside of heater box with simple green and fabreez. Reassemble heater. Move to front of truck, pull plow lift unit drain plug, watch clear water drain out, replace plug. Remove forward float needle carrier again, replace home made O ring with real O ring.

Get floor jack, place under engine, lift engine and remove broken motor mount from last winter. Replace motor mount. Fire up plasma torch, cut old accessory brackets from plow blade. Fire up welder, weld in new angle limiter blocks on plow frame, now build up opposite contact points with welder. Test angle stops, put welder and plasma away. Put second battery in, strap both batteries down. Vacuum inside of truck, finish cleaning with simple green and fabreez. Take passenger door apart to access inside of door to bolt passenger side mirror back on. Park beautiful truck in front of house to show it off.

[Linked Image]

Ready for another winter of snow smashing.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice work there pilgrim.

Don't suppose you can bill that out though !

Or maybe you can at least claim as a business expense. Got to be able to keep the customers coming in, right !

Maybe you can contract out your ploughing to "Old Yella" ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm 44.6

I bought a '91 Chev Ext. Cab with a Boss straight plow a few weeks ago. I did this to ensure that we will not get any snow this winter. So far its working pretty good!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
RFLSHTR, The Mott area. Two of my buddies have private land out there. Otherwise she is pretty posted up with no hunting signs.

Last edited by Berettaman; 12/09/14.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
RFLSHTR, The Mott area. Two of my buddies have private land out there. Otherwise she is pretty posted up with no hunting signs.

A friend of mine used to have 600 acres just to the SE of Mott. Bird paradise in it's day

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We used to hunt the public land near Regent and private land with permission from land owners with good results. Have not been there for a few years though.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We got about 5" of snow last night.

So, I spent the first half of the day bringing the old yeller plow truck back to life.

Put one of the 2 batteries in it to get him up to the shop. Hop in the truck, notice that one of the 3 snap traps inside the cab has got a dead mouse in it. Turn the key and start cranking the engine.... Notice a mouse making his escape from one of the door hinge holes in the cab, kick the mouse against the door with my boot, jump down out of the truck and finish the mouse off with a good stomp. Walk to the house garage, grab a gas can, remove the top of the air cleaner, pour a shot of gas down the carb...

Hit the key and he's running. But now there is gas spraying from the forward vent on the holley 4 barrel.... Spin the float needle carrier out of the forward bowl... The O ring is shrunk, not sealing fuel from bypassing the float needle.

Don't have an O ring... Slice a piece of rubber fuel line and make a crude o ring. Start the truck, fuel geyser is fixed. Hit the plow lift toggle... Vrrrrr! Nothing... Yeah, we know what this is, low fluid. Get get some ATF from the shop, pour some in through the 1/4" fill hole crazy

Its full, OK... I guess there is water in the reservoir, settled to the bottom of the reservoir in the form of a small ice block. (Seen it before) Go to the shed, grab the hi lift jack. Lift the plow blade with hi lift, rehook the lift chain short. Lower the hi lift, start truck, drive to shop. Drive truck 4 miles to gas station, fill gas tank, buy O ring kit, drive home. Put truck in warm shop. Heater doesn't blow air, disassemble heater. Clear half a bushel of various seeds acorns, strings, fuzz, grass etc. (Plugged tight) Clean inside of heater box with simple green and fabreez. Reassemble heater. Move to front of truck, pull plow lift unit drain plug, watch clear water drain out, replace plug. Remove forward float needle carrier again, replace home made O ring with real O ring.

Get floor jack, place under engine, lift engine and remove broken motor mount from last winter. Replace motor mount. Fire up plasma torch, cut old accessory brackets from plow blade. Fire up welder, weld in new angle limiter blocks on plow frame, now build up opposite contact points with welder. Test angle stops, put welder and plasma away. Put second battery in, strap both batteries down. Vacuum inside of truck, finish cleaning with simple green and fabreez. Take passenger door apart to access inside of door to bolt passenger side mirror back on. Park beautiful truck in front of house to show it off.

[Linked Image]

Ready for another winter of snow smashing.

Well that was easy! laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That is where we were. Just to the SE of Mott. Fun country to hunt and I am on of the few who thinks it is pretty.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So a pretty uneventful day was had by ND....... smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
That is where we were. Just to the SE of Mott. Fun country to hunt and I am on of the few who thinks it is pretty.

Recognize this place B-man? It's just on the SE side of town. It has the crick running through the property. Green farm house with a few more out buildings than just the one you can see in the pic.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To all you who frequent this thread. Did you ever notice the similarity of Northern Dave to Chuck Norris?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
To all you who frequent this thread. Did you ever notice the similarity of Northern Dave to Chuck Norris?

Stan in SC

Nope.

Chuck Norris wasn't a Marine.....

wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Stan in SC

Nope.

More like MacGyver !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Stan in SC

Nope.

More like MacGyver !

MacGyver is a good one! Dave can run a plow truck all winter long by burning mouse nests!

grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave Norris the most interesting man in the world

I bet saquatch has a picture of Dave in his lair!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No I dont, but that guy kneeling on the right in a brown coat.....never seen him before😳!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
35 here
wifey is 26 smile

kids are 6 and 2

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeesh! Hes 6 already?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup, growin like crazy!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 1,458 of 1,842 1 2 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.